GWOT: The More Things Change . . .

Fife

GWOT: The More Things Change . . .

Post by Fife » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:12 pm

I'd feel a lot better about our border control efforts if we weren't bound to just continue to pour out American borrowed money and blood in shitholes overseas like pouring piss out of a boot.

Is it even possible that Trump will like drones more than Obama? Yeah, I guess so.

I know you guys remember Anwar al-Awlaki.

Greenwald:

Obama Killed a 16-Year-Old American in Yemen. Trump Just Killed His 8-Year-Old Sister.
The New York Times yesterday reported that military officials had been planning and debating the raid for months under the Obama administration, but Obama officials decided to leave the choice to Trump. The new President personally authorized the attack last week. They claim that the “main target” of the raid “was computer materials inside the house that could contain clues about future terrorist plots.” The paper cited a Yemeni official saying that “at least eight women and seven children, ages 3 to 13, had been killed in the raid,” and that the attack also “severely damaged a school, a health facility and a mosque.”

Smitty-48

Re: GWOT: The More Things Change . . .

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:31 pm

If there were al-Awlaki's there, sounds like DEVGRU came to the right place. A Shooter was killed in this operation, and three more wounded, so seems like it must have been an AQ hornet's nest.

I'll give JSOC the benefit of the doubt that they didn't just walk in and shoot the kid as a kill-capture, sounds like there was a two way gunfight here.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Oh there's no apparent doubt about the intel. Since when has finding a target been all that tough?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Fife wrote:Oh there's no apparent doubt about the intel. Since when has finding a target been all that tough?
Who fired on who first? Did the SEALs kill the kid, or did AQ open fire and then the kid was killed in the exchange, collateral to the objective? How do you know it was the SEAL's who killed the kids? Did they dig the bullet out of her yet? AK, or AR round?

To wit, If AQ is running a daycare center where they are conducting operations, I'm not going to hang the SEAL's as wanton "baby killers"; if you fight with your kids in the ranks; you're killing your own kids, and quite frankly, I wouldn't put it beyond AQ to use them as shields neither.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:03 pm

The paper cited a Yemeni official saying that “at least eight women and seven children, ages 3 to 13, had been killed in the raid,” and that the attack also “severely damaged a school, a health facility and a mosque.”
See this here ^^^

Smells like bullshit, everytime you conduct an operation, some Haji comes running out to report that the only things that were hit were what? Oh, right, "a school, a hospital, and a mosque" yadda-yadda-yadda.

Until I get confirmation from an actually reliable source, not Glenn Greenwald and Jeremy Scahill passing on what some Haji said, I'll treat this as hostile Information Operations; because according to Haji, everything in the ME is "a school, a hospital, and a mosque", apparently that's all they have in the ME;

"Terrorists? What terrorists? Ain't no terrorists round here, just a school, a hospital, and a mosque, blah-blah-blah".

Yeah, OK, sure.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Women Killed in Yemen Raid Were Qaeda Fighters, Pentagon Says

Capt. Jeff Davis, a Defense Department spokesman, told reporters at the Pentagon on Monday that the military was “assessing” the claims that civilians were killed in the surprise dawn raid that targeted the compound of a suspected Qaeda leader in Yemen, Abdulrauf al Dhahab.

Captain Davis then sought to explain the reports of women being killed in the raid.

“There were a lot of female combatants who were part of this,” he said. “We saw during this operation as it was taking place that female fighters ran to pre-established positions as though they’d been trained to be ready and trained to be combatants.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/worl ... qaeda.html
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
The paper cited a Yemeni official saying that “at least eight women and seven children, ages 3 to 13, had been killed in the raid,” and that the attack also “severely damaged a school, a health facility and a mosque.”
See this here ^^^

Smells like bullshit, everytime you conduct an operation, some Haji comes running out to report that the only things that were hit were what? Oh, right, "a school, a hospital, and a mosque" yadda-yadda-yadda.

Until I get confirmation from an actually reliable source, not Glenn Greenwald and Jeremy Scahill passing on what some Haji said, I'll treat this as hostile Information Operations; because according to Haji, everything in the ME is "a school, a hospital, and a mosque", apparently that's all they have in the ME;

"Terrorists? What terrorists? Ain't no terrorists round here, just a school, a hospital, and a mosque, blah-blah-blah".

Yeah, OK, sure.
That's because Haji uses women and children as shields when he attacks. When we retaliate, and the kids he used as shields get killed, that war crime is on Haji.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:23 pm

When you use women and children as human shields, you win.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:28 pm

I don't want business as usual on the Long War.

I don't want business as usual.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:36 pm

AQ Madrassa training kids to be suicide bombers, Haji's translation; "School"

AQ facility stockpiling drugs to fund terrorist activities, Haji's translation; "Hospital"

AQ barracks full of terrorists praying for America's destruction, Haji's translation; "Mosque"
Nec Aspera Terrent