Trumps campaign against Political Islamic War

C-Mag

Trumps campaign against Political Islamic War

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Trump has ordered the Department of Defense to submit strategies to defeat Poitical Islamic threats within 30 days.

I believe Trump will likely follow Gen Michael Flynns Strategy.

1. Total War, take it seriously as WWII, this is a serious fight and we are not winning
2. Take out places where Hajji's are being sheltered and trained
3. Cut Off all economic and military support of all nations that harbor or support Hajji's
- this would be new and include Saudi Arabia and Pakistan
- conversely, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, we need China and Russia to ally with us, yeah we might be supporting attacks on Uhgyrs and Chechens
4. Address the ideology of Political Islam -embrace and support Islamic leaders who want non-political Islam
- Basically support a reformation of Islam
- call out Islamic fighters when they fail, ie. Hey, we just took Fallujah from you. What happened, did Allah stop supporting you, is Allah supporting us now?

It's a big Mission.

This is from Flynn and Ledeens book Field of the Fight
Here is a great interview with the tandem on the strategy
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Re: Trumps campaign against Political Islamic War

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Mmm. I think it's time to go big or go the fuck home. Half measures are what we are tired of. This will be interesting.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:04 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Mmm. I think it's time to go big or go the fuck home. Half measures are what we are tired of. This will be interesting.
That's what Flynn and Ledeen say. There position is, Political Islam wants to conquer us, it's time we understand they mean to conquer us and we need to fight back.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

What I think is really different about Flynn's Strategy that is different is 2 fold.

1. On the Battlefield Intel gathering and reaction. Cuts out the need to send battlefield intel up to Sr levels for processing before reaction.
- prevents the enemy from changing up there strategy effectively
2. This is the big one, basically, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. We need to get Russia and China in on this fight, which means we could see US troops fighting or supporting attacks on Chechens or Ughrs, we could see a joint US, Russia, China campaign to take out Boko Haram. This is me guessing on what this might mean.
1 - Sure, sounds great. We'll have Sergeants bombing kids, instead of Generals.
2 - Obama did that, remember?

Is this actually Flynn's Strategy, or your own vision of what it might entail?

More importantly, what does this have to do with an actual declaration of war for the first time in 70 years? War = Total War = We don't win.

It is my take on the stated strategy. If you feel like you can spare an hour and listen to the above video you can assess it yourself.
PLATA O PLOMO

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:06 pm

This is something I've been talking about since the DCF days. Unless you have a rifleman holding a position, you don't hold territory. Unless we treat the fight against ISIS like a conventional war, it's like playing whack a mole. Daesh has centers of power and supply lines, and can be routed and destroyed by conventional armies if they have the resolve to commit.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Xenophon wrote:This is something I've been talking about since the DCF days. Unless you have a rifleman holding a position, you don't hold territory. Unless we treat the fight against ISIS like a conventional war, it's like playing whack a mole. Daesh has centers of power and supply lines, and can be routed and destroyed by conventional armies if they have the resolve to commit.

I agree with you, but I think it's just part of the strategy, I think the end state to defeat Political Islam is to destroy and socially neuter the radicals while promoting a reformation of the Islamic religion. It's a big strategy.

The video is great Flynn talks about how Hezbollah is financed by the international drug trade and the lease routes through Mexico from drug cartels, into the US. That was a surprise to me.
PLATA O PLOMO

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:11 pm

C-Mag wrote: The video is great Flynn talks about how Hezbollah is financed by the international drug trade and the lease routes through Mexico from drug cartels, into the US. That was a surprise to me.
The moment we legalize drugs the cartels become irrelevant. We're destroying ourselves with this stupid war on drugs. Where there's a market.... and all that.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Kath wrote:
C-Mag wrote: The video is great Flynn talks about how Hezbollah is financed by the international drug trade and the lease routes through Mexico from drug cartels, into the US. That was a surprise to me.
The moment we legalize drugs the cartels become irrelevant. We're destroying ourselves with this stupid war on drugs. Where there's a market.... and all that.
Yeah, we've all discussed that and I think the bulk of the team is against the War on Drugs. But when you take this into consideration, Trumps border policy (which I don't want to get into here) meshes with his National Security policy.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
But the version of that which Trump ran on, was actually; Total War of Anihilation, he didn't run on "disengage from ME", he ran on; up the ante through the roof and bomb IS into the stone age. I guess nobody told him that they already live in the stone age, but whatevs.

Total War yes, bomb them into the stone age, not really.

Trump will likely follow Gen Michael Flynns Strategy.

1. Total War, take it seriously as WWII, this is a serious fight and we are not winning
2. Take out places where Hajji's are being sheltered and trained
3. Cut Off all economic and military support of all nations that harbor or support Hajji's
- this would be new and include Saudi Arabia and Pakistan
4. Address the ideology of Political Islam -embrace and support Islamic leaders who want non-political Islam
- Basically support a reformation of Islam.

It's a big Mission.
How are you going to "take out" the places where the "Hajji's" are being sheltered? If not bombing, then what? Are you talking boots on the ground?

I'm not sure they are going to go all Bomber Harris on the Hajjis. But what I have taken from the Flynn Strategy is also and engagement of Muslims who recognize the secular world as well, such as Asisi of Egypt. This is my guess of what the Trump strategy will be. If someone else has a better idea, I'm all ears.

All that being said, I do see Trump using mass air power on training camps, perhaps even stronghold villages, B-52 style. Trump is doing what he said he would do so far, and he said he wasn't opposed to this.
PLATA O PLOMO

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, we've all discussed that and I think the bulk of the team is against the War on Drugs. But when you take this into consideration, Trumps border policy (which I don't want to get into here) meshes with his National Security policy.
Well, I am a bit worried about Trump's praising Rodrigo Duterte, for the way he's handling the drug war in the Philippines.
Account abandoned.