Russia Always Winning

Ex-California

Russia Always Winning

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:52 am

This is awesome

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from ... e-38770226
Russian tank maker publishes 'patriotic' children's book

One of Russia's largest defence companies has published a book about its tanks for children of pre-school age.
The illustrated story, Adventures of the Little Tank, follows a toy that's been accidentally left behind overnight in the museum of defence manufacturer Uralvagonzavod. The forgotten little tank spends the night meeting the facility's full-size machines and hearing all about their "adventures" in foreign lands, the company says.
Penned by well-known children's author Svetlana Lavrova, the book "tells pre-school children about awe-inspiring combat vehicles in an accessible and absorbing way," it says, adding that it believes the project will instil patriotism and encourage an interest in engineering among youngsters.
Uralvagonzavod has been producing combat vehicles in the Urals city of Nizhny Tagil for 80 years. It's not the company's first foray into children's books, though. It previously published one aimed at teenagers which is now found in school libraries in the area, and has just released a follow up for the same age group.
Many social media users who shared the news felt the idea was absurd, with one suggesting that it's "time to propose something peaceful to our children". Another shared a cartoon of President Vladimir Putin reading the book to a crying German Chancellor Angela Merkel: "And then the little tank decided to go to Berlin."
But it doesn't seem to have raised quite as many eyebrows as another military-themed children's product unveiled by a different company in October - a cot in the shape of a Buk anti-aircraft missile launcher of the type which downed a plane over east Ukraine in 2014.
I wonder if I can get Boeing to publish "The Lost Little Bomber" or something
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

BjornP

Re: Russia Always Winning

Post by BjornP » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:02 am

If you gotta have a military-industrial complex, might as well commit to it long-term. :P
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:09 am

http://russia-insider.com/en/no-domesti ... lt/ri18898
Domestic violence reports soar in Russian city following partial decriminalisation
Reports of domestic violence have more than doubled in Russia’s fourth largest city since the Government reduced the punishment for spousal or child abuse from a criminal to a civil one.

Police in Yekaterinburg responded to 350 incidents of domestic violence daily since the law was relaxed compared to 150 such incidents previously, according to the city’s mayor.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Another shared a cartoon of President Vladimir Putin reading the book to a crying German Chancellor Angela Merkel: "And then the little tank decided to go to Berlin
Why don't they sell cool shit like this at my bookstore? Here I am buying my son train and dinosaur books like a faggot.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Another shared a cartoon of President Vladimir Putin reading the book to a crying German Chancellor Angela Merkel: "And then the little tank decided to go to Berlin
Why don't they sell cool shit like this at my bookstore? Here I am buying my son train and dinosaur books like a faggot.
Let him read Amelia Bedelia so he won't respect women. That's what I do.

Wait, oh no,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751