Trump's SCOTUS

Okeefenokee

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:46 pm

:pray:

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:03 pm

Fife wrote:THE GOOD:

THE BAD:
THE UGLY:
Do you like this pick?
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

That's what democrats were chanting last year.
Yes. Refusing to do the job is different from voting no. This isn't rocket science. Did the Senate go through confirmation hearings during Obama's last year? No, they did not. That's refusing to do the job.
Yep, both parties are playing politics on this issue. The Dems are going to lose, it's simply numbers. The GOP is in the drivers seat all across the country. The country has revolted against the BHO/Dem vision of the future.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:27 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

That's what democrats were chanting last year.
Yes. Refusing to do the job is different from voting no. This isn't rocket science. Did the Senate go through confirmation hearings during Obama's last year? No, they did not. That's refusing to do the job.
Yep, both parties are playing politics on this issue. The Dems are going to lose, it's simply numbers. The GOP is in the drivers seat all across the country. The country has revolted against the BHO/Dem vision of the future.
Carlus, you need 60 senators to confirm SCOTUS.
Account abandoned.

boethius

Post by boethius » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Robert Bork or GTFO.

Did we vote for Trump or some cucked Republican? Elections have consequences, motherfuckers!
Still got my foreskin thanks for asking. - Montegriffo.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Not sure what you mean. I wasn't complaining about the nominee; I don't know anything except what Fife posted, so I don't have an opinion yet. He may be fabulous.

Stating that you need 60 votes is not controversial. It's just an actual fact; not the alternative kind. They'll need some Ds to agree with the pick. The D's don't have to side with the R's because the Rs control the Senate. That's not how it works. You don't know this?
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:THE GOOD:

THE BAD:
THE UGLY:
Do you like this pick?

Of the three on the official/unofficial short list, I'll take Gorsuch all day long over the two Rehnquist Jrs.

I haven't read many of Gorsuch's opinions, but from what I have, he looks to be a good legal writer. No Fat Tony, but who is? I like his philosophy OK, and he is willing to hold the police and prosecutors to the letter of the law as actually written by the legislatures.

I've got quite a few potential candidates I would like better, but Gorsuch would not be bad, IMNSHO.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:47 pm

As long as he's not a facsist police-state lover, I'm probably fine. I like watching these hearings.... part serious, part comedy. Clarence was fun.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Kath wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Kath wrote: Yes. Refusing to do the job is different from voting no. This isn't rocket science. Did the Senate go through confirmation hearings during Obama's last year? No, they did not. That's refusing to do the job.
Carlus, you need 60 senators to confirm SCOTUS.
Are you intimating there is no way a Democrat will vote for a Trump nomination to the Supreme Court ? :think:

I know, 60 votes.
Again, It's all about numbers. The GOP was able to hold the replacement for Scalia after he died of 'natural causes'. simply because the GOP had the numbers. The GOP will win this, they will get their 60 votes.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:06 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Are you intimating there is no way a Democrat will vote for a Trump nomination to the Supreme Court ? :think:

I know, 60 votes.
Again, It's all about numbers. The GOP was able to hold the replacement for Scalia after he died of 'natural causes'. simply because the GOP had the numbers. The GOP will win this, they will get their 60 votes.
Nope. I didn't say that. I'm pointing out that the SCOTUS pick would be far more loony if the R team had 60 Senators. He has to have a semi-sane pick if he's going to get to 60.
Account abandoned.