Oh, the Irony

TheReal_ND

Re: Oh, the Irony

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:44 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
de officiis wrote:Undocumented worker sues San Francisco for violating sanctuary law
(Reuters) - An undocumented immigrant from El Salvador is suing San Francisco alleging police violated the city's sanctuary city policy by turning him over to U.S. immigration authorities after he reported his car stolen.

The lawsuit was filed on Tuesday on behalf of Pedro Figueroa Zarceno, 32, in federal court in San Francisco against the city and its police chief for violating his right to due process and breaking an ordinance barring municipal employees from cooperating with federal immigration authorities seeking to deport a person.

Figueroa walked into a police station in November 2015 to report his car stolen, according to the lawsuit. Two days later, the car was found and when he went to recover it, he was handcuffed and led outside where federal immigration agents were waiting for him, the lawsuit said.

"We'll obviously have to review the lawsuit before we can comment on it," John Cote, a spokesman for the San Francisco city attorney, said by phone. "That being said, San Francisco has strong policies in place to encourage victims and witnesses to report crimes without fear of being deported."
:lol: Sometimes I just have to laugh at what I read in the news nowadays...and it seems like that's happening more often as the country slowly unravels.

It is not pandering. I rather wish for more deportations myself, but the idea behind the local police not dealing with immigrants is public safety.

I might not like illegal immigration, but if they cannot report crimes committed against themselves, the thieves, rapists, murderers, and generally abusive creeps like contractors will do so risk free.
They become targets for crime it's true.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:08 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:They should have let him drive away and then pull him over for driving without a license. Wait, does SF issue valid licenses to "undocumented" immigrants? They probably do. :think:
should of

/snicker
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Fife wrote:Image
That is a work of art.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:11 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
de officiis wrote:Undocumented worker sues San Francisco for violating sanctuary law
(Reuters) - An undocumented immigrant from El Salvador is suing San Francisco alleging police violated the city's sanctuary city policy by turning him over to U.S. immigration authorities after he reported his car stolen.

The lawsuit was filed on Tuesday on behalf of Pedro Figueroa Zarceno, 32, in federal court in San Francisco against the city and its police chief for violating his right to due process and breaking an ordinance barring municipal employees from cooperating with federal immigration authorities seeking to deport a person.

Figueroa walked into a police station in November 2015 to report his car stolen, according to the lawsuit. Two days later, the car was found and when he went to recover it, he was handcuffed and led outside where federal immigration agents were waiting for him, the lawsuit said.

"We'll obviously have to review the lawsuit before we can comment on it," John Cote, a spokesman for the San Francisco city attorney, said by phone. "That being said, San Francisco has strong policies in place to encourage victims and witnesses to report crimes without fear of being deported."
:lol: Sometimes I just have to laugh at what I read in the news nowadays...and it seems like that's happening more often as the country slowly unravels.

It is not pandering. I rather wish for more deportations myself, but the idea behind the local police not dealing with immigrants is public safety.

I might not like illegal immigration, but if they cannot report crimes committed against themselves, the thieves, rapists, murderers, and generally abusive creeps like contractors will do so risk free.
If that is all sanctuary laws were then Trump wouldn't be President or at least they wouldn't be an issue. The left overplays its hand and goes extreme when they catch the illegal that stole the car, they wont report his ass. That has to stop. If you are law abiding peacefully participating in society, Local goverments can look the other way and let the Feds deal or not deal with you as they will.
Two possibilities here in SF either since the murder of that young girl they are reporting every illegal to CYA or they are especially reporting sympathetic people like this so the press will duitifully report it with the adjoining crocodile tears and that will be the prevailing narrative on sanctuary cities.

atanamis

Post by atanamis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:36 pm

clubgop wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:It is not pandering. I rather wish for more deportations myself, but the idea behind the local police not dealing with immigrants is public safety.

If that is all sanctuary laws were then Trump wouldn't be President or at least they wouldn't be an issue. The left overplays its hand and goes extreme when they catch the illegal that stole the car, they wont report his ass. That has to stop. If you are law abiding peacefully participating in society, Local goverments can look the other way and let the Feds deal or not deal with you as they will.
Two possibilities here in SF either since the murder of that young girl they are reporting every illegal to CYA or they are especially reporting sympathetic people like this so the press will duitifully report it with the adjoining crocodile tears and that will be the prevailing narrative on sanctuary cities.
That IS all sanctuary laws are. States and cities are prohibited by federal law from enforcing immigration law, they aren't permitted to deport people. That's a federal job. So they are left with people in their jurisdiction who they are not allowed to get rid of. They can either force these people underground where they will drive without training and testing, not send their kids to school, not report crimes to police, or they can create "sanctuary" laws that say that while you're here we'd rather you take a test before driving, report crimes to police, get your kids educated, and otherwise not be a menace to society. If the federal government would do their job, none of this would be needed. The job of local police is to protect the safety of the local residents, not to try to do the job of federal agents for the feds. It's like on TV when the homicide investigator is trying to get the guy smoking pot to share what he knows, and says "we aren't here about your pot". If you want to catch car thieves, you don't make victims afraid to talk to police. Sometimes it is ok to "not be here for that".

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:29 pm

atanamis wrote:States and cities are prohibited by federal law from enforcing immigration law, they aren't permitted to deport people. That's a federal job. So they are left with people in their jurisdiction who they are not allowed to get rid of. They can either force these people underground where they will drive without training and testing, not send their kids to school, not report crimes to police, or they can create "sanctuary" laws that say that while you're here we'd rather you take a test before driving, report crimes to police, get your kids educated, and otherwise not be a menace to society. If the federal government would do their job, none of this would be needed. The job of local police is to protect the safety of the local residents, not to try to do the job of federal agents for the feds. It's like on TV when the homicide investigator is trying to get the guy smoking pot to share what he knows, and says "we aren't here about your pot". If you want to catch car thieves, you don't make victims afraid to talk to police. Sometimes it is ok to "not be here for that".
How can a local, municipal, or state tell whether a suspect is an illegal alien in the first place? The last time I got pulled over, the cop asked to see my licence, insurance, and registration. Someone should do a Sanctuary City social experiment. Steal a car, run amok, and when confronted by the police, just say, "My name is Hose A. You may know my brother, Hose B. We're both from Squatemala. I know my rights. Where's my cot, and what's for breakfast?"
:dance:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:37 pm

I love it when I'm pulled over outside of Texas and they ask me for my registration. It's on the windshield ya dumb mick!

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
atanamis wrote:States and cities are prohibited by federal law from enforcing immigration law, they aren't permitted to deport people. That's a federal job. So they are left with people in their jurisdiction who they are not allowed to get rid of. They can either force these people underground where they will drive without training and testing, not send their kids to school, not report crimes to police, or they can create "sanctuary" laws that say that while you're here we'd rather you take a test before driving, report crimes to police, get your kids educated, and otherwise not be a menace to society. If the federal government would do their job, none of this would be needed. The job of local police is to protect the safety of the local residents, not to try to do the job of federal agents for the feds. It's like on TV when the homicide investigator is trying to get the guy smoking pot to share what he knows, and says "we aren't here about your pot". If you want to catch car thieves, you don't make victims afraid to talk to police. Sometimes it is ok to "not be here for that".
How can a local, municipal, or state tell whether a suspect is an illegal alien in the first place?
Arizona figured it out...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_SB_1070

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I love it when I'm pulled over outside of Texas and they ask me for my registration. It's on the windshield ya dumb mick!
Last time I got pulled over was in Atlanta. I landed in the states, rented a car, and drove to Texas to get my boys. After a nonstop trip from Atlanta to Texas and back, I made a pass on a biker on the Atlanta perimeter. It was a cop. Pulled me over. Looked at the boys in the back, at my military ID, and asked me if I wanted a ticket. It was Christmas eve. He knew. Let me go.

Was the second time I got pulled over on that trip. First time was in Texas. Same story. Middle of the night in Texas. Pulled over. Saw the babes in the back. Let me go.

I won't bore you with the details, but that was the most epic race against the clock I've ever been in. Told the boys I'd be there for Christmas, and had to pull out all the stops to make it happen.