9 = One of His Better Speeches
No votes
10 = Hot Damn!
No votes

Total votes: 7

The Conservative

Obama's "Last Speech"

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:11 pm

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate Obama's "last speech"?
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Re: Obama's "Last Speech"

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Lol implying I'll ever watch it. Going to have to abstain from the poll but I think I've heard a few highlites and it's pretty hopey changey. Meh/10, I guess.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Truth be told, I have not listened to any of his speeches since the 2008 presidential election campaign. No point.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Is this about his farewell address, or his final press conference?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Presidential speeches are written by someone else.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:17 pm

His final press conference today was fine. It was just a casual Q&A. Nothing too meaty. He told his supporters to not worry about the Trump presidency. I think he said, "we'll be fine under President Trump" or something like that. I was working, so only half listening.
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Long hair, don't care.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Kath wrote:His final press conference today was fine. It was just a casual Q&A. Nothing too meaty. He told his supporters to not worry about the Trump presidency. I think he said, "we'll be fine under President Trump" or something like that. I was working, so only half listening.
caught about 25 minutes of it and thought the same. Measured, thoughtful, and made a point to not make predictions or expectations. Basically, the American people voted, the next administration will can and will deal with that as they wish.

Thought his point of Israel and Palestine was spot on. You're not going to force a solution, you can only provide a way for them to go about doing it.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:20 am

adwinistrator wrote:Basically, the American people voted, the next administration will can and will deal with that as they wish.
This is why I stopped listening to anything he said years ago. He says this while spending his final days doing all he can to make things difficult for the next administration.

He says we'll be fine while his hubby is saying there is no hope.

Bye Felicia :hand:

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:33 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:Basically, the American people voted, the next administration will can and will deal with that as they wish.
This is why I stopped listening to anything he said years ago. He says this while spending his final days doing all he can to make things difficult for the next administration.
Obama was elected for a 4 year term in 2012, the American people voted, his administration can and will deal with executive functions as they wish for all 4 of those years to the last day.

Trump has been elected for a 4 year term in 2016, the American people voted, his administration can and will deal with executive functions as they wish for all 4 of those years to the last day.

Anything Obama does in the last (lame duck) phase of his presidency is going to be the type of executive action the next administration can undo. The politics of this is whether or not Obama can defend his actions, and whether Trump can defend undoing those actions. For instance, Obama has given his justification for ending the wet foot dry foot policy for Cuban immigrants. Can Trump justify and defend re-enacting that policy, basically making special rules to allow Cuban immigrants a free pass if they reach land, given his overall opinions on immigration?
PartyOf5 wrote:He says we'll be fine while his hubby is saying there is no hope.
Not sure what you mean here.