Left-leaning protestors refuse to allow free speech.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Left-leaning protestors refuse to allow free speech.

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:29 pm

It does speak to a deeper truth regarding the marxist left today. As the intellectual failure of marxism becomes increasingly apparent to all, the marxists will increasingly lose control of people's thoughts and words that they for two generations controlled with their "political correctness" regime. They will increasingly be confronted with counterarguments consisting of facts they cannot refute and arguments to which they cannot rationally respond. Indeed, they have been conditioned to respond emotionally and snidely at all dissent for many years now. Most of them have no idea how to argue in good faith.

So as they always did before when confronted with ideas that violate the marxist groupthink, they attempt to shutdown those ideas through censorship, violence, or mob behavior (like trying to get people fired or worse for daring to dissent). This is what you see in the university, but we see it often enough online. When confronted with an argument they don't like and to which they know they cannot respond in good faith, they resort to insults, shaming tactics, attempting to bury the argument with cat pics, or just making snide comments and pretending like the argument is "out of bounds" of discourse.

Most of us saw it in recent family meals where our beloved SJW family members decided to fuck up the entire evening by calling everybody racists or whatever else for supporting Trump.

While I agree that the university's place in society should be education and research, and the "academic freedom" component should be reserved for the actual academics doing academic work rather than political indoctrination of youth, it's simply an easy target for conservative intellectuals who want to expose the toxic underbelly of marxism to the rest of America. I don't think Trump would be president today if not for people like Milo showcasing the hatred and violence of the left to all Americans. I am not sure I like the guy much. He creeps me out. But as long as he makes the SJWs show their true colors, I guess it's okay.

But if I ran a university, that shit would not happen. I am telling you right now, kids would go there to learn and that's it. Academic freedom would apply to faculty and graduate students conducting research. It's not that I would stifle their political speech on campus, but that I would not allow the campus to be converted into a political stage.