Trust, Corruption, The Work Ethic, and the Police State

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Trust, Corruption, The Work Ethic, and the Police State

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:22 pm

apeman wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
apeman wrote:I did not resolve my issue -- I got hammered as hard as possible, administration told me personally later on that it was to set an example for the rest of the freshman class. Back then, it seemed like the end of the world.

It was not easy to overcome this fiasco, but I put myself in a situation where I could be made an example, I quickly stopped making excuses, ended up with full scholarship to law school.
Yeah, but what about those who can't overcome such fiascos? Many people live on the knife's edge, and often they face felony charges because of such test kits. They is what worries me. Just listen to the star example in the podcast. Her own public defender did not believe her, and told her to plead guilty. She lost just about everything. Including her future.
Jbird, I must have lost you somewhere, I did not infer that I don't care about those who aren't able or aren't lucky enough to dig out of such a hole. Shit drug tests -- and other shit evidence -- is obviously completely unacceptable. The thread that led me to lurk on the DCF in the beginning was the 4th Amendment thread, if you wonder where my heart lies.

To this day, I completely avoid cops at all costs.

In my Tahoe days, a deranged lunatic broke into my apartment cuz I was sleeping briefly with his ex-gf, he trashed the main room first, proceeded into my bedroom (where his ex was too) and smashed my acoustic guitar right onto my face/head, wild bleeding, then wild fight while I'm naked and can't see cuz blood in my eyes --- I did not trust the cops enough to even make a report for property damage/insurance reasons.

(I don't remember this, but my roommate's gf heard me yell "NOT THE GUITAR", at least my priorities were straight)
She owes you a guitar man
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:She owes you a guitar man
Dumped her right after, wasn't into her anyway.

Also

Only the back panel of the guitar broke (my head went through it) but the rest remained astonishingly intact.

I played it until I left Tahoe, the reverberations in my gut when playing were weird at first, but the guitar became locally famous, and by the time I had left Tahoe, the guitar had dozens and dozens of signatures -- mostly girls -- with hilarious comments. I mean, everyone knew the story.

I was too poor to ship it when I eventually moved back east, and I can't remember what became of The Guitar (tm)

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:34 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Yeah, but what about those who can't overcome such fiascos? Many people live on the knife's edge, and often they face felony charges because of such test kits. They is what worries me. Just listen to the star example in the podcast. Her own public defender did not believe her, and told her to plead guilty. She lost just about everything. Including her future.
Jbird, I must have lost you somewhere, I did not infer that I don't care about those who aren't able or aren't lucky enough to dig out of such a hole. Shit drug tests -- and other shit evidence -- is obviously completely unacceptable. The thread that led me to lurk on the DCF in the beginning was the 4th Amendment thread, if you wonder where my heart lies.

To this day, I completely avoid cops at all costs.

In my Tahoe days, a deranged lunatic broke into my apartment cuz I was sleeping briefly with his ex-gf, he trashed the main room first, proceeded into my bedroom (where his ex was too) and smashed my acoustic guitar right onto my face/head, wild bleeding, then wild fight while I'm naked and can't see cuz blood in my eyes --- I did not trust the cops enough to even make a report for property damage/insurance reasons.

(I don't remember this, but my roommate's gf heard me yell "NOT THE GUITAR", at least my priorities were straight)
She owes you a guitar man
Sorry GrumpyCatFace, I wasn't trying to say you don't, or were some uncaring person. :oops:
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 pm

It's cool, the only mistake you made is confusing me with chairman meow

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm

apeman wrote:It's cool, the only mistake you made is confusing me with chairman meow
Or Fidel Catstro, if you're not into the whole brevity thing, man..

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:It's cool, the only mistake you made is confusing me with chairman meow
Oh that is good.

Somewhere, somehow, Kazmyr knows you just typed Catstro and is preparing a meme.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:53 pm

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Oh that is good.

Somewhere, somehow, Kazmyr knows you just typed Catstro and is preparing a meme.
He's kind of an insulting genius when he gets going. :lol:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:35 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Oh that is good.

He's kind of an insulting genius when he gets going. :lol:
I wondered why my Commie Cat sense was tingling last night, or could also be chili-related. Hard to tell these days.

Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 am

:GoTeam: