Mattis hearing

adwinistrator

Re: Mattis hearing

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I'm going to give Trump a chance, so you can stop now, because I'm not changing my mind on giving Trump a chance, until he does something to change my mind on that, and he hasn't done anything as of yet, to make me say, "OK, fuck Trump, he's blown it now, just impeach this clown", but rest assured, if he does something that warrants that, I'll let you know, so you can stop lobbying me about it, in the meantime.
I totally get that, I was not speaking to the conduct of you, or ssu, or anyone else, I was really just trying to bring up a trend I've been seeing for over 2 years where this phrase, and the mentality behind it, turns into a purity test that ruins discussion groups.

Now, just to clarify... If you do end up stating "OK, fuck Trump, he's blown it now, just impeach this clown", and people begin accusing you of concern trolling, I think you'll have a clear understanding of the problem I'm trying to point out.
People ceaselessly accuse me of being a troll, so what would be the difference?
I don't think you're a troll Smitty. :lol:

I guess my only point is that saying someone is concern trolling implies that they are lying about their true intentions, and are not really part of your group. Tossing around the phrase when you really mean that they're misguided, or a bed-wetter, can really mess up a discussion group because they'll interpret your accusation to mean you think they're a liar instead of a dummy.

I think the definition and usage of the term has been muddled, and I've seen that confusion cause problems... It's basically calling them an agent provocateur for your opponents.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Trolls can be clever liars or trolls can be sincere dummies and a wide spectrum of things in between. Trolls are a diverse bunch, it should not be assumed that one only means the trolls who are liars when they refer to a troll, same goes for the label concern troll.

What makes a troll a troll is pushing people's buttons, not the motives behind their button pushing.
What makes a concern troll a concern troll is pushing people's buttons through concern, feigned or otherwise.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 pm

ssu is not part of my group, Finland is fuckin' neutral <spits> but now these Finlandized clowns are want to lecture NATO about the threat of Mr. Ivan over the trace? Eat shit and die, Finnish Pogues.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:59 pm

adwinistrator wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I like Nixon's tapes too :lol:
I'm guessing that's for different reasons than Smitty...
They took the BEST PART out!

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:31 pm

ssu wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Heck, I still like Dick Nixon, when I listen to the Nixon tapes, I laugh my ass off. LBJ Tapes; also Hi-larious.
Listen to those tapes long enough, and you'll realize Trump is even headed compared to those two.
You mean level-headed or even-tempered? Trump, hmm, well LBJ had his oddities.

Perhaps, but few years in the office can get to anybody.

Yeah, like Nixon never suggested nuking Vietnam....
#NotOneRedCent