Mattis hearing

Smitty-48

Re: Mattis hearing

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:42 pm

ssu wrote:I remember you thinking first that Trump didn't have a chance, Smitty. My view was he might steal the whole show (which he did).

Well, let's just wait until his administration takes office.
I was a Trump fan right out of the gate from way back in the primary, but a skeptic in terms of him overcoming the massive media onslaught against him in the general, once he proved that he could overcome the media and break through the Blue Wall, I've become more bullish about his prospects, you predicted he would steal the show? OK, but now all your predictions have switched to dark and stormy clouds on the horizon, but I'm just not feeling that, like I said, he's getting better and better as he goes, why would I start predicting a looming disaster as you are?

You're not waiting and seeing, ssu, all you're doing is concern trolling, in every single thread, so Finnish Pogue; heal thyself.

I'm the one giving Trump a chance, not you, get with the fuckin' program.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 pm

SAY IT WIT ME
PRESIDENT TRUMP

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I was a Trump fan right out of the gate from way back in the primary, but a skeptic in terms of him overcoming the massive media onslaught against him in the general, once he proved that he could overcome the media and break through the Blue Wall, I've become more bullish about his prospects, you predicted he would steal the show? OK, but now all your predictions have switched to dark and stormy clouds on the horizon, but I'm just not feeling that, like I said, he's getting better and better as he goes, why would I start predicting a looming disaster as you are?
Nonsense. I've given credit to the guys he has picked in his administration that I see worthy of it. But for example, the many GS guys is something one can be a bit sceptical about, if one thinks that this administration would would change things.

Anything other that enthusiastic jubilation of Trump is viewed as concern trolling (at best) in this Trump fan club.
Smitty-48 wrote:You're not waiting and seeing, ssu, all you're doing is concern trolling, in every single thread, so Finnish Pogue; heal thyself.

I'm the one giving Trump a chance, not you, get with the fuckin' program.
How Trump will do can be seen from the next four years. And now the only example of how Trump copes in Washington comes with the election and post-election period. That naturally isn't how it's going to be, but it still is telling. I think there is going to be a big difference between the start of the administration and how it will be further down the road.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Well, I'm about ready to join the Trump Fan Club, why not? If he screws up, I can always throw him under the bus later, it's a fan club, I'm not married to the guy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:08 pm

I very, very rarely praise politicians. Not only have they to be good, but also they have to have something to show that they indeed are so good in governing as in speaking about things, or holding great election campaigns. Even then they can have their mistakes and weaknesses. I'm not with those who think that being critical about anything is heresy and letting you little finger to the devil.

And although I'm truly not a fan, I have to say that Vladimir Putin is one of the best politicians of our time as ruling Russia is no easy task.

I think that people here are more annoyed with the democrats and the true Trump haters and thus have an extremely defensive posture to anything other than praises for Donald. Presidents do tend to have their strengths and their weaknesses.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:10 pm

I'm in the Vladimir Putin Fan Club too, hell, I still like George W. Bush. I'm actually an Obama fan too, by the way, Barry Soetoro has his charms.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:11 pm

I still like Manbearpig.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Heck, I still like Dick Nixon, when I listen to the Nixon tapes, I laugh my ass off. LBJ Tapes; also Hi-larious.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm

I like Nixon's tapes too :lol:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:50 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Heck, I still like Dick Nixon, when I listen to the Nixon tapes, I laugh my ass off. LBJ Tapes; also Hi-larious.
Listen to those tapes long enough, and you'll realize Trump is even headed compared to those two.
#NotOneRedCent