Mattis hearing

The Conservative

Mattis hearing

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 am

I'm listening to the Mattis hearing, and I like him... he's to the point, and isn't letting people walk over him.
#NotOneRedCent

Kazmyr

Re: Mattis hearing

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 am

I doubt anyone is going to make a stink about Mattis; pretty much well-liked across the board.

Although, Democrats are starting to get their shorts in a twist about Mattis:
House Democrats said many members of their party were distressed at the cancellation of Mattis' scheduled appearance Thursday before a House Armed Services Committee hearing on civilian control of the military.

Rep. Adam Smith of Washington, the ranking Democrat on the committee, said Trump's transition team canceled Mattis' appearance without explanation. He encouraged his Democratic colleagues to vote "no" on granting the waiver "if we don't hear from him."

A Democratic spokesperson for the committee told NBC News that the hearing had been canceled because of Mattis' non-appearance. The full House is scheduled to vote on the waiver Friday.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tho ... se-n705951
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Mattis is great. Says how things are. In reality. No bullshit.

Mattis in the hearing:
Since Yalta, we have a long list of times we’ve tried to engage positively with Russia. We have a relatively short list of successes in that regard,” Mattis said, referring to the Yalta conference at the close of World War II. “The most important thing is that we recognize the reality of what we deal with Mr. Putin and we recognize that he is trying to break the North Atlantic alliance, and that we take the steps . . . to defend ourselves where we must.”

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Kazmyr wrote:I doubt anyone is going to make a stink about Mattis; pretty much well-liked across the board.

Although, Democrats are starting to get their shorts in a twist about Mattis:
House Democrats said many members of their party were distressed at the cancellation of Mattis' scheduled appearance Thursday before a House Armed Services Committee hearing on civilian control of the military.

Rep. Adam Smith of Washington, the ranking Democrat on the committee, said Trump's transition team canceled Mattis' appearance without explanation. He encouraged his Democratic colleagues to vote "no" on granting the waiver "if we don't hear from him."

A Democratic spokesperson for the committee told NBC News that the hearing had been canceled because of Mattis' non-appearance. The full House is scheduled to vote on the waiver Friday.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tho ... se-n705951
Sounds like sour grapes to me....
#NotOneRedCent

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:43 pm

The Conservative wrote: Sounds like sour grapes to me....
Big time.

They'd be quite stupid if they decided to be pricks giving the waiver.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:11 pm

The entire senate granted him a waiver I heard.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm

ssu wrote:Mattis is great. Says how things are. In reality. No bullshit.
You mean like this?

Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:You mean like this?
Don't understand the connection, actually. Mattis is talking how things are. Trump is talking how great he is.

Dubya too said he got along well with Putin. They hit it just great at Dubya's ranch...

Then came the Russo-Georgian war. No more smiles and "great guy" talk after that.

What a surprise for Dubya.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 pm

ssu wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:You mean like this?
Don't understand the connection, actually. Mattis is talking how things are. Trump is talking how great he is.
Trump is great, I'm getting more bullish on Trump by the day. Finnish Concern Trolls? Not so much.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 pm

I remember you thinking first that Trump didn't have a chance, Smitty. My view was he might steal the whole show (which he did).

Well, let's just wait until his administration takes office.