Jeff Sessions Comfirmation Hearing

Montegriffo

Re: Jeff Sessions Comfirmation Hearing

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Again you confuse me for a Bolshevik. I was a Maggie fan at first and have never been a supporter of Labour in any of it's forms. Sir John Major is my favourite leader during my lifetime remember.
Maggie went too far, ignored her closest colleagues and ruined her legacy for most of the Britons who experienced her excesses.
I wasn't one of the optimistic fools who welcomed New Labour and phoney Tony either. I regretted the loss of John Major.
Even now I am happy to have May instead of Corbyn.
Life is not so black and white as it appears to you where compromise is seen as a weakness not a strength.
Perhaps this is why Military men in general make such poor political leaders especially during peacetime.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Nothing "too far" about a flat tax, a flat tax is entirely what is needed, and if the Anarcho-Bolshevists attempt to riot against it, the military men are steely enough to put them down, all that is required, is a civilian who has the stones to give the order, I'm not calling for a Junta, merely a Right Wing Nutjob who is willing and able to lead a war against the Left, which will smash the whole concept that rioting against Parliamentary Supremacy, is ever a viable option.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The bizarre paradox, is that the American democracy is supposedly the raucous one, yet in the halls of Congress, it's so chummy chummy that it's literally sickening.
That's the whole reason why US politics is so divisive in the media and during elections. The two parties get along just well, hence they truly have to throw mud on each other all the time that Americans would think there is a choice to make.

There isn't. Vote Democrats or Republicans to power, you will have Goldman Sachs in power always.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Nothing "too far" about a flat tax, a flat tax is entirely what is needed, and if the Anarcho-Bolshevists attempt to riot against it, the military men are steely enough to put them down, all that is required, is a civilian who has the stones to give the order, I'm not calling for a Junta, merely a Right Wing Nutjob who is willing and able to lead a war against the Left, which will smash the whole concept that rioting against Parliamentary Supremacy, is ever a viable option.
The poll tax was intended as a replacement for rates or housing taxes. What it meant was a millionaire paid the same tax on his multi-million pound house as an impoverished, unemployed miner in his council house. Typical right wing excess giving tax breaks to the rich while charging the poor more.
I'm sure you would have liked to see a Wellington style Peterloo massacre but luckily even Maggie didn't have the power to send in the cavalry.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:54 pm

The poll tax left it up the local councils, if they wanted to pay more, that's up to them, the rioters were rioting, because the Labour dominated local councils started jacking the rates up right away, Thatcher gave the local councils the freedom to decide their own destiny, they decided they wanted to jack the rates up, you say you want freedom, but when you actually get it, and the consenquences that go with it, you simply can't handle it, who knew?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The bizarre paradox, is that the American democracy is supposedly the raucous one, yet in the halls of Congress, it's so chummy chummy that it's literally sickening, wasn't always the case, surely Americans would prefer that these fops just come out and swing for the fences, rather than waste everybody's time with this faux and sanitized non debate, they make the Canadian Parliament look raucous in comparison, never mind Westminster itself.
Well, Cheney told Leahy to go fuck himself as the speaker of the Senate.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The poll tax left it up the local councils, if they wanted to pay more, that's up to them, the rioters were rioting, because the Labour dominated local councils started jacking the rates up right away, Thatcher gave the local councils the freedom to decide their own destiny, they decided they wanted to jack the rates up, you say you want freedom, but when you actually get it, and the consenquences that go with it, you simply can't handle it, who knew?
It wasn't the rate which was unfair so much as the fact it was a flat rate paid equally per capita no matter the value of your house or your income. It meant multiple occupation impoverished households ended up paying more for their house that a single millionaire living in a mansion. The rates only went up for the poor while it dropped considerably for the well off. That is what caused the protests not council greed. The councils had to rob the poor to save money for the rich.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 pm

At the gym now, watching between sets Chris Coons pretend like the democrats were not the opposition to the civil rights movement.

We really cannot let these democratic party crooks rewrite history like a bunch of Soviet airbrush artists.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The poll tax left it up the local councils, if they wanted to pay more, that's up to them, the rioters were rioting, because the Labour dominated local councils started jacking the rates up right away, Thatcher gave the local councils the freedom to decide their own destiny, they decided they wanted to jack the rates up, you say you want freedom, but when you actually get it, and the consenquences that go with it, you simply can't handle it, who knew?
It wasn't the rate which was unfair so much as the fact it was a flat rate paid equally per capita no matter the value of your house or your income. It meant multiple occupation impoverished households ended up paying more for their house that a single millionaire living in a mansion. The rates only went up for the poor while it dropped considerably for the well off. That is what caused the protests not council greed. The councils had to rob the poor to save money for the rich.
They didn't have to pay more than a millionare living in a mansion, they had to pay the same, you and your ilk simply want to "soak the rich" to pay for public sector unionized bloat, if the slovenly poor are want of public sector unionized bloat, let them pay for it, those who are not interested in funding a sink hole of wasteful make work bloat, I'd not force to pay for it, those who both want it, but refuse to pay for it, and then riot when they are told to pay the freight for what they demand, I would crush under the tracks of a Challenger II main battle tank, should they fail to disperse upon command.

Never going to slay these public sector unionized parasites, until we have the iron will to crush them with the tanks.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:11 pm

I thought you were a Panther fan.

Would be easier just to bomb the cities, leaving the financial and industrial zones intact. Your solution lacks that element of finality.