Jeff Sessions Comfirmation Hearing

apeman

Re: Jeff Sessions Comfirmation Hearing

Post by apeman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:42 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fife wrote:The kinds of people who deny the reality of what war is and what it means are the same people who let the state get our kids killed in useless wars for the benefit of the state.

War is not like the civil motions docket down at the circuit court.
If it's a "war, then where are the troops? Why haven't we nuked the shit out of it? Was it sanctioned by the US Congress?
Those three questions are just a long way of saying "I'm wrong"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 am

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fife wrote:The kinds of people who deny the reality of what war is and what it means are the same people who let the state get our kids killed in useless wars for the benefit of the state.

War is not like the civil motions docket down at the circuit court.
If it's a "war, then where are the troops? Why haven't we nuked the shit out of it? Was it sanctioned by the US Congress?
Those three questions are just a long way of saying "I'm wrong"
No, the counter-argument has been that this is a state of Total War, therefore I'm an idiot liberal that can't conceive of the reality of conflict.

I'm using some pretty obvious rhetorical questioning to point out that whatever-the-fuck-we're-doing is not War. Whether it's 'limited conflict', or 'police action' or some other bullshit, it's got rules. If there are no rules, then just nuke it and be done.

They knew it was a damned hospital, and I pointed out why I believe that. Of course they aren't going to admit that they knew, but they fucking knew and didn't care. It's a crime, whether it goes to the Hague, or Court Martial. The fact that we're accepting this line of nonsense, while railing page-over-page about everything else we're told is patent evidence of the military obsession that the Right is indoctrinated with. Any criticism of military action is resolved by throwing a soldier in my face as some kind of human shield for idiocy. I don't hate soldiers, and I don't blame them for what they're ordered to do. I loathe and utterly detest the fools giving those orders - whether they're soldiers or not.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Fucking nonsense. This is exactly how murder is justified. Apparently our 'limited engagement' is now Total War, and there is no boundary.

It simply does not matter that the Taliban were present in the hospital - that does not justify bombing the building. There is no justification for killing all of the doctors, patients, and civilians that are inside it, just to kill some tribal fighters more quickly. Absolute garbage. All types of people are in a hospital at any given moment - and I have no doubt that this was the same. There were pregnant women, infants, children, old people on life support - whatever. Yet we can't tolerate letting some moron with a fucking rifle exist a moment longer than necessary. Insanity.

Would it be so inconceivable to contact the DWB staff inside, or their leadership and warn them? Offer even a chance to save themselves or stop attacks emanating from the building? Also, I have yet to hear any claim that there were any attacks coming from said hospital. Monstrous.
I think you're confused, the laws of armed conflict, are not the laws against armed conflict, the laws of armed conflict were written, to facilitate armed conflict not prevent it, nobody ever said pregnant women, infants, children, and old people on life support, would not be maimed and/or killed in the process of armed conflict. Is war monstrous? Of course, whoever said it wasn't?

Murder is justified in war, that's what war is; state sanctioned mass muder, and in fact, the laws of armed conflict; are the sanctioning statutes.

Can you lawfully murder pregnant women, infants, children, and old people on life support, in a war? Of course you can, it's just a question of how, where, when, and why.
Just seeing the opening to this post as I try to find out where I left off tells me this got dumb.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:06 am

TheReal_ND wrote:I just noticed I spelt confirmation wrong...
lol
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:11 am

Fife wrote:Incoming Canadian off the top rope:

dude ain't goin' away, it seems.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:23 am

Hell nah. I can't wait to vote for him again. Full circle. Totally redeemed. I love Canadians now.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:27 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fife wrote:Incoming Canadian off the top rope:

dude ain't goin' away, it seems.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:05 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:No, the counter-argument has been that this is a state of Total War, therefore I'm an idiot liberal that can't conceive of the reality of conflict.
No, the counter-argument has been that this is a a state of war, and therefore you are an idiot liberal that can't conceive of the reality of conflict.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm using some pretty obvious rhetorical questioning to point out that whatever-the-fuck-we're-doing is not War. Whether it's 'limited conflict', or 'police action' or some other bullshit, it's got rules. If there are no rules, then just nuke it and be done.
There are rules. Just because you think those rules leads to too much collateral damage, that doesn't mean there aren't any rules.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:They knew it was a damned hospital, and I pointed out why I believe that. Of course they aren't going to admit that they knew, but they fucking knew and didn't care. It's a crime, whether it goes to the Hague, or Court Martial. The fact that we're accepting this line of nonsense, while railing page-over-page about everything else we're told is patent evidence of the military obsession that the Right is indoctrinated with. Any criticism of military action is resolved by throwing a soldier in my face as some kind of human shield for idiocy. I don't hate soldiers, and I don't blame them for what they're ordered to do. I loathe and utterly detest the fools giving those orders - whether they're soldiers or not.
Right and that loathing and utter detestation of the fools giving those orders is blinding you to reality. You go assuming that the military ordered the bombing of this hospital and did it for reasons that you don't approve of, because you always assume the worst motives on the part of those giving the orders instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

You could easily view this situation as unintentional, tragic, collateral damage, sustained in the fog of war. Yet instead you choose to view it as the intentional targeting of patients, doctors and children, all just to get a couple of bad guys who they could have gotten without killing civilians if they had just been patient and hadn't bombed the hospital. The reason you see the later instead of the former is because you hate US foreign policy, the later is nowhere near the most likely scenario as to why this situation unfolded, you just think it is out of a hater's bias.
*yip*

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 am

Funny thing about being contrarian (to which I am also predisposed): you are usually wrong.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Smoke 'em while you can, kids. Welcome to the Hair-God Federal Superstate. YUGE!!!