Jeff Sessions Comfirmation Hearing

Smitty-48

Re: Jeff Sessions Comfirmation Hearing

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:58 pm

What a farce, nothing but pointless grandstanding by a bunch of puffed up fops, the outcome is never in question, just gives the pols an excuse to preen themselves on television, as if there's not enough of that already, thank goodness for a Westminster Parliament I say, it's bad enough to have question period, never mind this laborious calvalcade of ignominous blatherskites; the KGB would be doing us a favour, if they "interfered in the American democratic process", by slipping the polonium in their tea.

Nuclear Hitler? Oh my kingdom for a Nuclear Hitler, please Nuclear Hitler, put us out of our misery, and just shoot these useless twats already.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:30 pm

What he said.

Just a show.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Not even a good show, even from a grandstanding point of view, they suck... if you want to see a good show, watch this;

Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:57 pm

I was always a fan of England's parliament. What little I see of it is entertaining.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:03 pm

The bizarre paradox, is that the American democracy is supposedly the raucous one, yet in the halls of Congress, it's so chummy chummy that it's literally sickening, wasn't always the case, surely Americans would prefer that these fops just come out and swing for the fences, rather than waste everybody's time with this faux and sanitized non debate, they make the Canadian Parliament look raucous in comparison, never mind Westminster itself.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Not even a good show, even from a grandstanding point of view, they suck... if you want to see a good show, watch this;

Even I will admit she was the master of the house. Not seen her match since.
Shame she was such a megalomanic dictator who cared nothing for consensus and even discounted her own cabinet.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:29 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I was always a fan of England's parliament. What little I see of it is entertaining.
Oh at times it can be too much like the school playground and it is not really where the decisions are made but it can be entertaining. A weekly prime ministers question time is a good solid way to test the quality of a leader. From what I've seen May has been confident and able so far.
Ruling by Twitter is not a good way to proceed IMO and I hope Trump can be more Presidential once he takes office.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Even I will admit she was the master of the house. Not seen her match since.
Shame she was such a megalomanic dictator who cared nothing for consensus and even discounted her own cabinet.
Fuck consensus, consensus is just a euphemism for caving in to the seditious, damn their eyes, and damn their torpedoes too.

Lead, follow, or get out of the damn way, you blithering cowards.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Even I will admit she was the master of the house. Not seen her match since.
Fuck consensus, consensus is just a euphemism for caving in to the seditious, damn their eyes, and damn their torpedoes too.

That's all well and good until the leader becomes mad with success and no body has any power to stop their crazy policies. With a stronger cabinet Maggie might have been dissuaded from pursuing the doomed poll tax and lasted even longer.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

That's all well and good until the leader becomes mad with success and no body has any power to stop their crazy policies. With a stronger cabinet Maggie might have been dissuaded from pursuing the doomed poll tax and lasted even longer.
There was nothing crazy about the policies, the crazy ones were the Labour Party Bolsheviks, and peaceful transfer of power can be effected at anytime, with a vote of confidence, people like you with your hysterical nonsense whining, should be clubbed into submission like baby seals.

The only reason that there were poll tax riots, is because the Labour Bolsheviks incited them, Thatcher should have simply had them all arrested and thrown into the dock, for inciting civil disorder against the Crown, and then simply had the Army open fire on the rioters, and then advance with bayonets fixed, the ignominious cowards in the Cabinet, who didn't have the stones to stand up to Bolshevism, should have been driven before the troops, as cannon fodder for the mob.

The problem with the Right, even Thatcher in the end, is that they don't have the courage of conviction, to simply run you Leftists over with the tanks, whenever you try your game of inciting riots against Parliamentary Supremacy.

When Thatcher lost the stomach to do what must be done, she deserved to be brought down, her problem in the end, is that she didn't go far enough, she lost her edge, she got soft, and at that point, wasn't of anymore use anyways.
Nec Aspera Terrent