Guardian Article re Localization of Gun Violence

TheReal_ND

Re: Guardian Article re Localization of Gun Violence

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:28 am

As I said, I would never confuse you with a principled conservative.
Good. The only man I know that calls himself such is Mark Levin and he's not worth the Zyklon B.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
As I said, I would never confuse you with a principled conservative.
Good. The only man I know that calls himself such is Mark Levin and he's not worth the Zyklon B.
Come come now, Zyklon B is cheap, rope is more expensive than cyanide, when economies of scale are introduced. You'd just have to gas all the principled conservatives on an industrial scale.

That being said, I have no idea who this Mark Levin is that you keep referring to, so it's difficult to judge what his principles are and whether or not they are conservative.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 am

Ohhhh he's something else. I keep raging about him because he comes on right when I knock off on the AM radio station and he drives me insane with his "principled conservative" schtick. I guess I try to vent over here about him too much. I should probably take it out on him via the intwerwebz hmmm

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:50 am

LVH2 wrote:So, when I get home I look it up and evidently, blacks wear seat belts less than other people. The NAACP had a little initiative encouraging people to wear them.

Needless to say, there are no NWA songs about how cool it is to not buckle up. Nor have whites tried to convince blacks to not buckle up. There's something deeper.
That's a hood thing, you don't wear a seatbelt in the hood, because you'll need to get out in a flash, when a Niggah rolls up with a gat and opens fire on your car. I mean, duh.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Ohhhh he's something else. I keep raging about him because he comes on right when I knock off on the AM radio station and he drives me insane with his "principled conservative" schtick. I guess I try to vent over here about him too much. I should probably take it out on him via the intwerwebz hmmm
I don't mind if you rage at this fellow, I just don't know what he's on about, if you tell me what he's on about, then perhaps I'd rage at him too, although, probably not, because I'm guessing he's probably pretty Right Wing, even if an Alt-RINO like yourself has some beef with him, but I can't say without knowing what he's saying that is setting you off.
Nec Aspera Terrent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 am

Getting back to the substance of what skankhunt said, hasn't it been said, if not on this board then on Dan's, that Planned Parenthood has basically been a Holocaust for black folks?

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 am

It either goes without saying or it's way down the memory hole already. There can be no two ways about it. :shifty:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
kybkh wrote:I reckon if we want this nation to avoid greater conflict from within, we need to figure something out. Can it be fixed? What can we do help?

Jobs??

To me ultimate answer is providing early childhood programs. You got 4 years to tame a human, if they ain't got right and wrong figured by then, the odds fall off a cliff.
Not to be Orwellian, but we should really start to focus on who exactly is having children. It will never happen, but until we do that this problem will go on forever. Not everyone should be allowed to breed. If you come from a cycle of shit, you should have to prove somehow that you're not going to continue that cycle to have a kid.
At best, if you really want to come at a problem that way I'd say go the Chinese route and maybe limit the # of children you are allowed to have per your level of education.

1 legacy is a give me. 2 if you graduate HS. 3 for college. 4+ for post graduates. Your throw in the requirement of being married and you will start pumping out the übermensch in a generation.

Hell, statistics show marriage is #1 determiner. If we started making divorce when children are involved more difficult we may end up with more pill popping momma's but shit according to fake news we already at 60% just to get by.

Nearly 60 percent of Americans — the highest ever — are taking prescription drugs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... 18ef9e4ea2
Last edited by kybkh on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:22 am

TheReal_ND wrote: I'm so fucking sick of this narrative where we have to bend over backwards to accommodate black Americans. I've heard it all my life and undoubtedly everyone else has as well. Is anyone else absolutely fed up with it? These people are the ones committing gun violence by and large and then you have other people demanding everyone give up their guns to accommodate them. Fuck that. Don't even get me started on who is most likely going to be on the receiving end of a self defense firearm discharge. When will the conversation start revolving around what the actual problem is and not this pixie dust bull shit?
The problem is, as Dan would put it, That wound in the inner-cities is starting to turn gangrenous. If "we" as a society can't help that community within our society improve their lot, the chance of increasing violence as low skill jobs become increasingly difficult to get is high.

Shit, if my demographic sported the same statistics as African Americans I'd be rioting in the streets also.

Eh, culture is the issue I fear. The rap culture, the ghetto culture, the drug culture...hard to escape such heavy influences.

The only black kids I knew living in the suburbs of Louisville were Carltons. Didn't know anything else til they started busing the rough lot in from Westport. That literally destroyed our community btw.

Once the area school's test scores took a dive property value bottomed and everyone went private and moved to more exclusive neighborhoods.
Last edited by kybkh on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:49 am

What's weird though is the black community is certain to be at its highest level of education as ever.

That's what makes the current predicament particularly dangerous. African Americans have been told for years go to school, get a degree and you'll be socio-economically white. That shit just ain't happening for a multitude of reasons.

#1. African-Americans over-represented among low-paying college majors

More African-Americans are going to college than ever before. But according to new research from the Center on Education and the Workforce at Georgetown University, African-American college students are more likely to pursue majors that lead to low-paying jobs, setting up many for future debt and underemployment. And over time these occupational choices contribute to the wealth and opportunity gap between whites and blacks that spans generations.

“Basically, African-Americans have been going to the right church but sitting in the wrong pew,” director Anthony Carnevale said. “In a way they are using education to climb the social and economic ladder, but they’re being steered toward majors that will make them low-earners.”

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/afr ... ge-majors/

#2 The Biggest White Privilege...Networking

80% of today’s jobs are landed through networking

http://www.recruitingblogs.com/profiles ... um=twitter

When you consider who does the hiring the disadvantage of being a black man competing against white peers is obvious. I owe my entire career to networking so I may be biased but it makes sense in a multitude of ways.

Black people who are insisting on these black only safe spaces are destroying their opportunities.

I guess this is the crux of the issue. Look, if you want to be in my network then we must share a significant amount in common or I ain't gonna network with you. If I like Led Zeppelin and you like Beyounce we in trouble. If you like talking like a G we probably won't associate professionally.

Now, should white people be required by law to "network" with those who have different societal norms? No. Blacks can go the Carlton route though. Leave behind the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow. Lose the prison fashion culture embraced by so many. Come on kids! Join the team!! We have gotten this far so we must be doing something right.

May not be as hip or cool. Probably get called Uncle Tom a whole bunch, but you'll have a job.
Last edited by kybkh on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.