When Will the World be Relieved of this Scourge?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: When Will the World be Relieved of this Scourge?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:"A republic, if you can keep it."

^^^ Presupposes your obligation to defend it. If you are unwilling to fight for the republic, then you already gave up on it. Why should you then have a vote in it?
Just leave me out of it.

Then pack your shit and stop benefiting from it.
Make me, genius. That whole 'silent majority' that you're always clawing for? That's what we're all thinking.

If you think I'm going to uproot the family out of some shameful duty, in favor of another country that I prefer, there isn't one. Canada looks marginally better, but not worth the trouble of moving everything for. Don't worry though, I still payed my taxes to the Ponz, so you can have your bennys too.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:29 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

^^^ Presupposes your obligation to defend it. If you are unwilling to fight for the republic, then you already gave up on it. Why should you then have a vote in it?
Just leave me out of it.

So, you are willing to disenfranchise huge portions of the population? Blind people, the disabled, gays presumably as you wouldn't have them in the DSL army, women, people with flat feet, those with learning difficulties. Not only that you want anyone not prepared to fight to leave the country? Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Apparently, it's quite easy to get rid of you. Just start drafting men to fight ISIS. You'd be in Germany inside of a year.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Just leave me out of it.

So, you are willing to disenfranchise huge portions of the population? Blind people, the disabled, gays presumably as you wouldn't have them in the DSL army, women, people with flat feet, those with learning difficulties. Not only that you want anyone not prepared to fight to leave the country? Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?

Yes. I have no problem disenfranchising people who do not wish to serve. I would open armed forces up to all. I am sure I can find things for the disabled to do there, and I don't really give a shit if gays serve. Nor do I think it would be a huge problem, as the vast majority of these people would just as soon give up the right to vote than to sacrifice anything for society.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:34 pm

While I don't agree with GCF's view of either military service or patriotism (see jbird's excellent response, btw), isn't at least part of the idea of your 2nd Amendment that you don't need a standing army to defend against foreign invaders? As a matter of fact, if you wanted to be truly traditionalist and disenfranchise citizens as per the original constitution, voting rights ought to be tied to wealth and land ownership. So, if you rent and if you're on public assistance, you don't get to vote? How's that sound, instead?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:36 pm

BjornP wrote:

While I don't agree with GCF's view of either military service or patriotism (see jbird's excellent response, btw), isn't at least part of the idea of your 2nd Amendment that you don't need a standing army to defend against foreign invaders? As a matter of fact, if you wanted to be truly traditionalist and disenfranchise citizens as per the original constitution, voting rights ought to be tied to wealth and land ownership. So, if you rent and if you're on public assistance, you don't get to vote? How's that sound, instead?

That's exactly what it means. All military-aged males in the United States were responsible to fight. It was similar to the older English system of requiring all males to train with longbows after Sunday masses and be prepared to serve in an archer company.

A guy like GCF would have been tarred and feathered, and sent packing for Canada.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:37 pm

BjornP wrote:

That would be easier to abuse. The extremely rich can muscle a lot of people out of the housing market to monopolize the vote. They aren't gonna force everyone out of the army to do the same.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:38 pm

I gave this some thought over recent years, and I am convinced that land ownership is better suited as a prerequisite for state and local government. At the federal level, you should be a veteran to vote or serve. At the local level, I think you should be a property owner.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Apparently, it's quite easy to get rid of you. Just start drafting men to fight ISIS. You'd be in Germany inside of a year.
In the event of a draft for anything other than a defensive war, yes, I'd be out of here rather quickly. Enjoy your war!
Speaker to Animals wrote:Yes. I have no problem disenfranchising people who do not wish to serve. I would open armed forces up to all. I am sure I can find things for the disabled to do there, and I don't really give a shit if gays serve. Nor do I think it would be a huge problem, as the vast majority of these people would just as soon give up the right to vote than to sacrifice anything for society.
We sacrifice every fucking day for society. Every time I climb in my car at sunrise, commute, sit in a cube and eat shit for 8 hours, and then pay a quarter of my income for the privilege without blowing something up, is a sacrifice for society. Real men sacrifice all fucking day, every day - for family, for society, for honor and duty. Not bray about some childish fantasy of 'manhood' and how they won't 'take no shit' in their little trailer piled high in Bud Light cans. If you want to die on a battlefield for Exxon-Mobile, then do it. Leave the rest of us alone, as we prop up what little remains of the society you pretend to care about.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:42 pm

What makes you think, having disenfranchised the nonveterans, we would even end up in these pointless wars any longer? Who do you think causes this? It's not people like Okie.