When Will the World be Relieved of this Scourge?

Okeefenokee

Re: When Will the World be Relieved of this Scourge?

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Man, you really are ridiculous some times. Is it more "alpha" (which, of course you're using as 'virtuous') to keep your family in a warzone, between 2 sides you don't care about, so that you can go down throwing rocks at a tank? Or to go through hell on earth to get them out? Is it 'cowardly' or 'beta' to give all of your life savings to your kid, in hopes that he can escape the fate of the rest of your family? What kind of fucking reality do you live in??
If you want to bleed for a flag, then go do it already.
Isn't it wonderful when nothing is your fault, and you aren't responsible for anything?

They were raised to expect somebody else to fight for their lives at all times. They see it as a "job" that some other sucker volunteers for, while they rake in the benies. Concepts like honor and duty are just words to them.
And the same applies to the Syrians. All these people saying they don't have to fight for a country they don't care for, but they were sure willing to enjoy it when it was peaceful. All those government services and infrastructure benefits were well enjoyed when times were good, but the second shit gets rocky, they bail like the worthless cowards they are.

This is why we need mandatory military service in order to vote. All these worthless fucks around us living the good life now will turn tail and run at the first hint of danger.They don't deserve citizenship and the benefits therein.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Yeah, those Spartans had it figured out for sure. We should probably just get rid of those that won't die for the country.

Maybe I just have a weird personal history with getting fucked by my country and society, but I doubt it. Personal duty and personal honor are everything. I could give no fewer fucks about the rest of this made-up Ponzi scheme.

Nationalism died somewhere between Vietnam and the Patriot Act. It's long gone now. Send off the young boys to die, if you must, but you'll have to do without me and mine.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:08 pm

Wow, Okee - you've gone full on extremist.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Kath wrote:Wow, Okee - you've gone full on extremist.
I thought the colleges were turning out Marxists and feminists, in Okee's case the opposite seems to be true.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Isn't it wonderful when nothing is your fault, and you aren't responsible for anything?

They were raised to expect somebody else to fight for their lives at all times. They see it as a "job" that some other sucker volunteers for, while they rake in the benies. Concepts like honor and duty are just words to them.
And the same applies to the Syrians. All these people saying they don't have to fight for a country they don't care for, but they were sure willing to enjoy it when it was peaceful. All those government services and infrastructure benefits were well enjoyed when times were good, but the second shit gets rocky, they bail like the worthless cowards they are.

This is why we need mandatory military service in order to vote. All these worthless fucks around us living the good life now will turn tail and run at the first hint of danger.They don't deserve citizenship and the benefits therein.
The general reason the Syrian Civil War started was because of the extreme corruption, including the destruction of the rule of law and civil rights, impoverishing most Syrians. The immediate reason the war started was because of the protest started by farmers who couldn't farm because of Assad's cronies taking what was left of the water during a strong drought.

The protests were initially peaceful, and threaten to topple the government, until the military fired on the protesters using tanks, among other weapons. Naturally the surviving protester fired back, and war was on. The government wanted to change the dynamics of the conflict knowing that while peaceful protests were hard to fight (think Mahatma Gandhi, and Martin Luther King), military conflict was easier for the government to fight.

Both the Assad Regime, and ISIS/Daesh, have a strategy of going after the moderate factions as they appeared of the resistance first, leaving the middle a Hobson's Choice of sorts.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yeah, those Spartans had it figured out for sure. We should probably just get rid of those that won't die for the country.

Maybe I just have a weird personal history with getting fucked by my country and society, but I doubt it. Personal duty and personal honor are everything. I could give no fewer fucks about the rest of this made-up Ponzi scheme.

Nationalism died somewhere between Vietnam and the Patriot Act. It's long gone now. Send off the young boys to die, if you must, but you'll have to do without me and mine.

Nationalism, personal duty, personal honor, responsibility are not the problems. It is how they are perverted, and used, by the powerful onto everyone else.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:46 pm

BjornP wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Tenacious? :roll: Aren't you one of those clowns who keeps claiming that people fleeing war and persecution should just "man up and fight for their homeland?" Well, by your own logic answer me this: Why didn't your pussy ancestors just stay in Britian, Germany, France, or whereever they came from and fight for their homeland instead of fleeing like cowards?
Try again.

They weren't refugees. They were immigrants who left a reasonably safe life with little chance of improvement to take a dangerous gamble on a much better chance at improvement.

You trying to tie that back into men abandoning their country in the middle of a civil war is absolutely pathetic.
And that's excatly what you guys chastised the "economic migrants" from the ME for, isn't it? What's pathetic is that you see people fleeing their home for no other reason than to make a buck as heroes, and people fleeing their homes for reasons of war as cowards. That's a bizarre concept of "courage". And the myth of Americans fleeing religious persecution is often portrayed by Americans themselves as refugees. How's fleeing to a new country because it does not let you do what you want, because it does not give you the freedoms you want less pussified? :think:

Flees homeland because of war = "Pussy! Coward!"

Flees homeland because he can't make it in his own country = *dramatic background music* We welcome this plucky, tenacious hero to our shores! Huzzah!!"

Nevermind that Syrians were also fleeing their country, too, because Assad's regime did not give them any freedoms or opportunities, whereas Western countries do... (Not that I want to many of them. People leaving their homeland behind because they can't or won't fit in, is why you got invented).

Oh, and as for abandoning homelands while fighting's going on: The Irish didn't migrate to the US during the fighting for independence or civil war? Jews didn't migrate to the US up to and in the early stages of WW2 instead of heroically fighting...for their uhmm...homeland...? Oh wait, ethnic minorities are a thing, and turns out that Syria has ethnic minorities that neither the government or ISIS likes, either. Did no new English settlers arrive in New England during time period from Cromwell's takeover to the crowning of king James? They did? So did not expect that. :o

See, I don't actually have any problem with your ancestors leaving their homeland to make a buck and to make new homes for themselves. Only have a problem with your logically inconsistent moralizing about other people.
Dang! Somebody better get the burn unit on the line, because Bjorn just scorched the opposition.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:01 pm

"A republic, if you can keep it."

^^^ Presupposes your obligation to defend it. If you are unwilling to fight for the republic, then you already gave up on it. Why should you then have a vote in it?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:"A republic, if you can keep it."

^^^ Presupposes your obligation to defend it. If you are unwilling to fight for the republic, then you already gave up on it. Why should you then have a vote in it?
Again, the ideals of the Republic were betrayed long ago, and completely. Let it burn, I say. Just leave me out of it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:17 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:"A republic, if you can keep it."

Just leave me out of it.

Then pack your shit and stop benefiting from it.