When Will the World be Relieved of this Scourge?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: When Will the World be Relieved of this Scourge?

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 am

So, every Syrian who was anti-Assad 'helped create ISIS' and now must be ground to death between them and tossed on the Hecatomb?

Damnable false dilemma resulting in an absurd expectation of self sacrifice if you ask me.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:48 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:So, every Syrian who was anti-Assad 'helped create ISIS' and now must be ground to death between them and tossed on the Hecatomb?

Damnable false dilemma resulting in an absurd expectation of self sacrifice if you ask me.

Straw man. Foul ball. Go back to the dugout and consider your shame.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:So, every Syrian who was anti-Assad 'helped create ISIS' and now must be ground to death between them and tossed on the Hecatomb?

Perhaps, but if you don't think the people fleeing Syria are responsible for the mess, I don't see how you can be mad at them for not sticking around to get shredded trying to clean it up.

If you would speak coherently on this topic, I wouldn't stumble into straw manning you in my confusion.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:02 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:

Perhaps, but if you don't think the people fleeing Syria are responsible for the mess, I don't see how you can be mad at them for not sticking around to get shredded trying to clean it up.

If you would speak coherently on this topic, I wouldn't stumble into straw manning you in my confusion.

The men fleeing it are responsible for fighting it.

If that happened here, you would be responsible for fighting it. If you fled to Canada like a coward to live on welfare there, then when those of us men who remained and fought it to victory probably won't want you to ever return. That's why we don't have these problems.

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:In order of blame:

Bush for Iraq.

Israel for everything. (You want to hear about atrocities, listen to Martyrmade, especially episode 6.)

Hillary for Libya.

Neocons for Syria.
I don't blame Bush as much as i blame Rumsfeld for Iraq. Iraq could go better, if they didn't dissolve the entire Iraqi army, and leave a lot of unemployed and "well trained" soldiers to be recruited by extremists.

Israel is as much to blame as Arab states. They're all awful.

Also, don't forget the EU involvement in the Arab spring. France has a lot of the blame there.

Agree on the neocons, but the neolibs are also to blame there. But they're probably the same thing.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:49 am

Neocons are libs. They came from the democratic party in the 1970s and 1980s. Looks like they are headed back. Good choice for them.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:52 am

If that happened here, you would be responsible for fighting it. If you fled to Canada like a coward to live on welfare there, then when those of us men who remained and fought it to victory probably won't want you to ever return. That's why we don't have these problems.
Not probably. Definitely. You would definitely not be welcome back.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 am

I'm not sure which myths and assumptions about Syria is more ridiculous these days: That people still believe that the Syrian Civil War was about no more than Assad vs. ISIS, the myth that only Kurdish men stayed behind to fight for "their homeland", the assumption that those fighting both Assad AND ISIS aren't fighting just as much for their homeland too or that everyone who fought and is fighting Assad is ISIS or ISIS-light (forgetting apparantly that the Kurds still want Assad deposed).

So, if your government was Marxist, fighting a civil war against jihadist caliphate-lovers....and you were just regular old Catholic you, understandably fearful of both regimes, you would be fighting for....who? Who would you be fighting for to qualify as you fighting for "your homeland"? That's the actual sort of dilemma most Syrians were put in. If you were Shia Muslim, but still wanted a freer Syria, you could not support either Assad nor ISIS (obviously), and if you're Sunni and like neither Assad but also don't want a Caliphate run by doomsday cult fanatics, you're similarly not likely to consider fighting for either Assad OR ISIS to be "fighting for your homeland".

You consistently mistake the Syrian civil war as being as simple as your own historical one, as in only having two sides, two allegiances. The US/NATO intervention in Syria was a mistake, although neither the US nor any Western country started the civil war (they "just" picked a side or two post-facto).

Now then, as for why it was mostly men travelling as refugees: If you cannot leave your country legally, you leave it illegally, by sea or land. In most European countries you have a right to have your family brought to you, after your refugee status has been validated. It's one thing to risk death at sea, but as you know the risk of getting raped would be high for women (and children) left to their own devices travelling on the roads and seas. That's the sort of legitimate reason. The not so legitimate reason, tied into the sort of legitimate reason, though is simply that women aren't valued as highly, that the societies they come from truly warrant the term patriarchal - as opposed to today's Western societies. Both reasons apply.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 am

The army defections from years ago is probably most responsible for Syria today. It should be clear by now that no one in the middle east should want to see any weakening of the central power structure.

Egypt went over without much fighting. The army was still intact, and able to maintain order through the transition.

The Libyan army was defeated, and now Libya is a fucking mess.

Tunisia went over before any significant fighting happened, leaving most of the apparatus of government intact.

Assad wasn't gonna play nice with the protesters. The lessons had been learned by then. You have to put down the protests fast. If Assad had been inclined to let the protesters do their thing, pressure might have built to the point where someone like Russia influenced a transition to someone else at the top, while the army maintained order, but that didn't happen.

If the army hadn't been so divided that mass defections followed soon after the fighting began, the protesters turned rebels probably would have been put down quickly. Before the US or anyone else even got involved, Syria fell apart because Assad had been weakened by the defections in the army, and in the senior circles of his government.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:14 am

Okeefenokee wrote:

Not probably. Definitely. You would definitely not be welcome back.
It goes back to biology as the fundamental driver of politics. Cowardly men will seek to increase their numbers in order to normalize their cowardice, and ultimately to marginalize and punish stronger men. I think these guys imagine themselves in that situation and realize they would flee, so they feel the need to affirm the same behavior in those who actually did flee instead of fight.

The corrective procedure may well come down merely to more physical education and competition in schools. If you somehow were able to require the typical beta male type to lift and play sports four to five days per week, I really wonder how many would still sup port this stupid shit in a year or so.

I do not believe we are dealing with legitimate political differences here, at least with respect to the men, but rather, a health crisis.