Russian Hack Conspiracy Theory Unraveling

jbird4049

Re: Russian Hack Conspiracy Theory Unraveling

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Oh how surprising. Right now, if anyone from the RNC, DNC, FBI, CIA, NSA, or the FSB, said the Sun rose in the East, and set in the West, l would double check.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
ssu wrote:
BjornP wrote:You should all clearly believe what the Russian intelligence services tell you, instead. After all, anyone who doesn't or didn't support Hillary, is an ally.... :clap:
But they do, because they hate Rachel Maddow.

It's the CIA shills! All those Trump hating sore loser democrats. Poor Russia! Totally innocent here.
Both of you guys, since it is basically a choice between Julian Assange's denial of it being Russians vs. the U.S. Intelligence community, you need to discredit Assange's story. (The U.S. Intelligence community version has already been thoroughly examined.)
1. Assange in lying.
2. Assange has been tricked (greatest World hacker ever, and BTW McAfee was tricked too).
3. Your explanation...?
1. and 2: Easy. Assange hates America, has worked for the Kremlin in the past (had a show on RT). He hasn't been tricked. He's doing the tricking. His primary interest has always been taking America down a notch.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... -american/
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:39 pm

"It was the Russian Trolls! They stole America from us!"

#lolwhut?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:45 pm

BjornP wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
ssu wrote: But they do, because they hate Rachel Maddow.

It's the CIA shills! All those Trump hating sore loser democrats. Poor Russia! Totally innocent here.
Both of you guys, since it is basically a choice between Julian Assange's denial of it being Russians vs. the U.S. Intelligence community, you need to discredit Assange's story. (The U.S. Intelligence community version has already been thoroughly examined.)
1. Assange in lying.
2. Assange has been tricked (greatest World hacker ever, and BTW McAfee was tricked too).
3. Your explanation...?
1. and 2: Easy. Assange hates America, has worked for the Kremlin in the past (had a show on RT). He hasn't been tricked. He's doing the tricking. His primary interest has always been taking America down a notch.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... -american/
So, he's in on it? Well, there goes the credibility of WikiLeaks.

Dude, if it was the Russians, he just wouldn't have said anything.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 pm

jbird4049 wrote:Oh how surprising. Right now, if anyone from the RNC, DNC, FBI, CIA, NSA, or the FSB, said the Sun rose in the East, and set in the West, l would double check.
Which isn't neccesarily an unhealthy attitude to have. It is a bad attitude to trust outsiders simply because they're outsiders, though. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy should be treated as nothing more than a convenient living shield, expendable cannon fodder or a distraction for your common enemy, rather than an actual friend.When Clinton was revealed, Putin became an ally. Don't mistake that as him, or Assange, having become your friends. That would be a naive mistake.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 pm

You know the Democrats are desperate when; they propagate a narrative which asserts that they were beaten in an American election, by Vladimir Putin and Julian Assange, talk about pathetic, when you can't even beat the Putin-Assange ticket, you really have become the biggest bunch of sad sack losers in the history of the republic.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Martin Hash wrote: So, he's in on it? Well, there goes the credibility of WikiLeaks.

Dude, if it was the Russians, he just wouldn't have said anything.
As I said earlier in my lengthy reply on the last page, no free lunch. And for Assange, the independence of Wikileaks is crucial.

Assange might not have intended to be nice to the Russians and Putin at first, but he surely is now.

And simply just look at the evident campaign, in which the hackings were just a part of.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Hillary Clinton is making Jimmy Carter look like Abraham Lincoln in comparison, but hey, at least she's got the Finnish-Danish vote, perhaps she should just move to Europe and run for a seat at the EU.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:07 pm

BjornP wrote:
Xenophon wrote: Ok Bjorn. The report the intelligence community released said nothing about how they came to the conclusion that Russia is at fault. They started with the premise that Russia was behind it, and drew conclusions from there. They plagiarized an article from 2012 about RT and threw it into the report as chaff, to paint Russia in the worst light possible. They have proven nothing.

If they would show what they did and how they came to the conclusions they are asserting, I would believe them. But they have not. They have only been saying "It was Russia! It was Russia! Here's why they would do it!"

I am not saying that Russia didn't do it. But if I recall correctly, you are innocent until proven guilty. Assertions are not proof enough for a conviction, Bjorn.
They're not obligated to give you any evidence. The public has absolutely no "right" to be told anything when it comes to national intelligence, be it military intelligence or diplomatic secrets. "Painting Russia in the worst light possible"? Uh-huh. It is "painting Russia in the worst light possible" that they're doing what they've been doing for over a decade, only this time they had some, moderate success at it? Russia is the victim of white privilege or something? You subscribing to the old, the US can only do wrong-line of thinking? :lol: I get that your pro-Hillary media are unintelligent fuckwads, and turn into hysterical panic monkeys when they're sore losers... and even that they're blowing this thing way out of proportion (it's not the start of WW3 to have a foreign country that wants gain to power at your expense hack data) but pretending that Russia hasn't engaged in trying to undermine the US internationally and domestically for well over a decade, most efficiently following the launch of RT, is ridiculous. Yet, for most of Bush and Obama's presidency, it was mostly far left (in Europe) and far right (in the US) conspiracy nutters who relied on RT as a - what they considered - a reliable source of news.

As for "proven guilty"? Dude... this isn't law. It's international politics. And asking for proof from Russia.... dude. Remember Crimea? They invaded and annexed parts of a neighbouring country, yet even when their soldiers live tweeted messages from the front, their leaders simply kept claiming that it was only "little green men" operating in Crimea. It's a brilliant tactic, tbh. It's not even lying. It's just making the truth irrelevant.
Smitty rebuffed you better than I could. When the intelligence community drags their crap into the public square, they had best show their work, especially given that a significant portion of the US thinks they're hack artists.

I am not carrying water for the Kremlin. In the post you quoted, I said that I thought it was possible Russia was responsible. But excuse me if I don't immediately believe a bunch of old men talking about "cyber-this, and cyber-that," when they are asserting things without proof. Your comments regarding me acting like "America is always wrong" or "Russia is a victim of white privilege" were completely uncalled for.

I do not hate my country. I just am not going to accept the words of career bureaucrats who have been trying to morph this nation into an Eastern European quasi-fascist nanny-state for the past 20 years.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Xenophon wrote:When the intelligence community drags their crap into the public square, they had best show their work, especially given that a significant portion of the US thinks they're hack artists.

I am not carrying water for the Kremlin. In the post you quoted, I said that I thought it was possible Russia was responsible. But excuse me if I don't immediately believe a bunch of old men talking about "cyber-this, and cyber-that," when they are asserting things without proof. Your comments regarding me acting like "America is always wrong" or "Russia is a victim of white privilege" were completely uncalled for.

I do not hate my country. I just am not going to accept the words of career bureaucrats who have been trying to morph this nation into an Eastern European quasi-fascist nanny-state for the past 20 years.
Bravo!

I also don't listen to WMD mutterfukkers.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change