Shooting in Florida

kybkh

Re: Shooting in Florida

Post by kybkh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:44 pm

CNN saying shooter possibly "Triggered" by altercation on the plane for the reason of the shooting.

Hispanic, flying from Alaska, Triggered on Flight, hmmmm...
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Jesus Christ. It's legal to check in ammo if it's in it's store bought case. Fucking retarded.

Apparently it's possible to come in to the US with fire arms and ammo but more paper work is required with the ATF.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

So, was he able to check the gun and the ammo separately?

I'm just wondering how he got the ammo to load the gun in the bano and then walk out to baggage and start blasting.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

CNN says anyone can carry a weapon on plane if:

Legal to possess firearm in both departure and arrival locals.

Firearm is unloaded, stored in a hard, lockable case.

Ammunition stored in separate case. Unclear if that means separate piece of luggage or just separate piece of Tupperware in same suitcase.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:51 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Jesus Christ. It's legal to check in ammo if it's in it's store bought case. Fucking retarded.

Apparently it's possible to come in to the US with fire arms and ammo but more paper work is required with the ATF.

Why should it be illegal?

It's not carry-on. You take it to the counter, declare it, and have it checked for storage in the cargo bay of the aircraft. The TSA inspects the case and ammunition to ensure it's safe, and probably do a quick check on you in the law enforcement database.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Fife wrote:So, was he able to check the gun and the ammo separately?

I'm just wondering how he got the ammo to load the gun in the bano and then walk out to baggage and start blasting.

According to the TSA, you can store ammunition in the same case as the gun, as long as it is whatever they define as a "small arm". In military terms, a small arm is basically any gun. A machine gun is a small arm. So I am not sure how they decide to define it.

I can see maybe not allowing the ammo, perhaps.

Either way, I think I'd rather ship the gun and ammo to the destination ahead of time if possible, and just pick it up from the UPS warehouse after I leave the airport.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Who's the mental midget that decided ammo on a plane is AOK but shampoo over an ounce is a no no?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Probably less hassle, unless it gets detected.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Who's the mental midget that decided ammo on a plane is AOK but shampoo over an ounce is a no no?

That would be the TSA, but isn't shampoo verboten only as carry-on items?

You obviously cannot carry a firearm into the passenger cabin unless you are a sky marshal. Not even cops can do that as far as I know.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Who's the mental midget that decided ammo on a plane is AOK but shampoo over an ounce is a no no?
You can check shampoo too.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751