Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

TheReal_ND

Re: Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Where is your America first economic policy? Where are the jobs?
Oh I've been meaning to post those headlines more...

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 pm

The US is actually doing pretty well at the moment, 200,000+ jobs in four of the last five months, 253,000 in May, 222,000 in June, bit of a job boom in progress actually, I wouldn't necessarily credit that to Trump, but a win is a win, he'll take the blame if it goes the other direction, he'll get the credit so long as this trend continues, if the US keeps kicking out 200,000+ new jobs per month for the next four years, four more years of Trump will be a done deal.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:02 pm

A lot of that is companies hold their money during big elections. At the mills they say it always slows down when that happens, though the oil glut really fucking kicked the teeth in.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:08 pm

So long as it generally goes in the right direction, the incumbent is safe, the Democrats can "Russia!Russia!Russia!" till they're blue in the face, but as long as the economy chugs along in a sustained and significant growth mode without sliding into recession, Trump will mop the floor with whatever Lefty panty waist the Democrats run in 2020.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Pretty much what all my coworkers said the one time the subject was broached in the break room. Generally they prefer talking about how scared they are of cops so I don't go in there much.

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Fucking hell if those jobs are the types of jobs you care about then what the fuck was the problem with Job Jesus Obama? That son of a bitch added a ton of jobs.

But hey, if we're all suddenly cool with shitty jobs, then I'll just forget the last 8 years of constant bitching I heard about the kinds of jobs added.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Steel Mills are shitty jobs?

What did he mean by this?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Cid wrote:Fucking hell if those jobs are the types of jobs you care about then what the fuck was the problem with Job Jesus Obama? That son of a bitch added a ton of jobs.

But hey, if we're all suddenly cool with shitty jobs, then I'll just forget the last 8 years of constant bitching I heard about the kinds of jobs added.
None of that sort of bitching is going to do anything for the Democrats, they lost the incumbency, they won't get it back any time soon, short of a sustained recession, but even then, that won't necessarily drive the electorate towards a higher tax and expanded regulation regime, they may in fact double down on trickle down, even if the economy sputters, basically, you don't want to lose the White House, because once you're out, it generally takes you at least eight years to get it back, regardless of how much you caterwaul about the incumbent in the meantime.

Really, the Democrats are leaderless, divided, and lacking any sort of convincing alternative platform, so again, they can "Russia!Russia!Russia!" like Joe McCarthy, while their constituents riot in the streets, but it's not gonna do anything for them, it's a place holder in leiu of having anything else to do in the meantime, basically they'll just have to keep fundraising for their next available window of opportunity, which is likely to be 2024 at the earliest.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:22 pm

Well the Russia shit is good for Ratchet Maddow and her cat lady viewers. She beat out Sean Hannity who only got three million for his Don Jr interview. Even CNN got a cool million bump. Really it's all click bait for nervous redditors and boomers.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:22 pm

Cid wrote:Fucking hell if those jobs are the types of jobs you care about then what the fuck was the problem with Job Jesus Obama? That son of a bitch added a ton of jobs.

:lol: No one is buying it then and no one is buying it now. Many of those jobs were because of an energy boom that Obama tried to stop at every turn. Those jobs aren't shitty, that just require hard work. Dems have made that a disease.