Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

Smitty-48

Re: Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:11 pm
You keep moving the goalposts, and are clearly trolling at this point. All you have is criticism of Trump, and nothing on how any of the alternatives would be better than him. I can criticize Trump too, but you don't see me claiming the alternatives are better when the criteria I use to decide that indicates the opposite, yet you insist on being devil's advocate for the sake of being devil's advocate anyway.
You accused me of being an idealist and then you rattled off a bunch of idealistic philosophies about speech and gun rights which having nothing to do with realpolitik, realpolitik is that the Democrats couldn't change the constitution, neither right is really imperiled in America, the Democrats are just fundraising when they pander to the far left.

Realpolitik; none of the shit you are invoking is realpolitik.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:18 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 pm
StCapps wrote:
You keep moving the goalposts, and are clearly trolling at this point. All you have is criticism of Trump, and nothing on how any of the alternatives would be better than him. I can criticize Trump too, but you don't see me claiming the alternatives are better when the criteria I use to decide that indicates the opposite, yet you insist on being devil's advocate for the sake of being devil's advocate anyway.
You accused me of being an idealist and then you rattled off a bunch of idealistic philosophies about speech and gun rights which having nothing to do with realpolitik, realpolitik is that the Democrats couldn't change the constitution, neither right is really imperiled in America, the Democrats are just fundraising when they pander to the far left.

You can't rule if you can't win. Realpolitik. You are idealistically pining for candidates who can't win, that's not realism, that's idealism.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Who you want to win, isn't really relevant, if they can't win. Pro tip.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:21 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:15 pm
Trump is spending like a drunken sailor compared to every POTUS who came before him, including Obama, and I find it hard to believe that any Green New Deal Democrat is going to be able to spend more without gridlock preventing them.
He's not spending that much more, Obama peaked at $855 billion total military spending, Trump is spending $890 billion, the increase is negligible.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:23 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:20 pm
What's your point?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:18 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 pm
StCapps wrote:

You can't rule if you can't win. Realpolitik. You are idealistically pining for candidates who can't win, that's not realism, that's idealism.
I'm not pining for anyone. I'm simply not endorsing Trump.

Who wins an election I am not voting in, in a country I am not living in, is irrelevant to me, in terms of realpolitik.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Realpolitik; I personally am inclined to discuss a broad range of aspects far beyond the betting line as to who is going to win.

That's already been stated over and over, surely there is more to life than degenerate gamblers?

How many times can you repeat who you think is going to win, and to what purpose after the first few hundred times?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:46 pm

In terms of Trump winning again and the Democrats crying again, of course that would be delicious vaping.

But that's not realpolitik.

That's just frivolous entertainment,
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:10 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:23 pm
StCapps wrote:
What's your point?
My point is, your analysis hits the mark way more often when you are discussing what you think is going to happen, instead of just what you hope will happen. Wishful thinking is a helluva drug, don't let it color your analysis, which it looks like it is in this instance, otherwise you wouldn't have to grasp at straws or be constantly moving the goalposts to claim Trump is worse than the alternatives.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:10 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:23 pm
StCapps wrote:
What's your point?
My point is, your analysis hits the mark way more often when you are discussing what you think is going to happen, instead of just what you hope will happen. Wishful thinking is a helluva drug, don't let it color your analysis, which it looks like it is in this instance, otherwise you wouldn't have to grasp at straws to claim Trump is worse than the alternatives.
I didn't say Trump was worse, he's just more of the same, juicing the stock market basically, which is fine, but it's already priced in. Moreover, the gains mostly got to trust fund babies like me rather than Americans living in vans down by the river.
Nec Aspera Terrent