Fake News

DBTrek

Re: Fake News

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Any enemy of America that thought shouting "that's against international law" was going to save them from white phosphorous has long since been reduced to cinders.
That's all I'm saying.
;)

Wasn't getting into the veto powers of the Voting members of the UN and all that because I'm not a UN'er.
I don't recognize the authority of the UN on any level.
Global consolidation of power is the antithesis of freedom.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:00 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:36 pm
Any enemy of America that thought shouting "that's against international law" was going to save them from white phosphorous has long since been reduced to cinders.
That's all I'm saying.
;)

Wasn't getting into the veto powers of the Voting members of the UN and all that because I'm not a UN'er.
Just saying, the UN is an American institution, it was created by Franklin Roosevelt,

America is not subject to the UN, the UN is subject to America.

America built it to favor America, in that America can use it as a sword which cannot be turned back on America.

The UN is not some foreign power, it's actually an American weapon.

When it suits America, America invokes the UN, when it doesn't, America ignores it, and that was by design.

Oh, Saddam Hussein, UNSC on you, suckah.

George W Bush? Nah, doesn't work that way, the UN works for America, America is not subject to it,

It's not a coincidence that it is headquartered in Manhattan. It's not foreign, America owns it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:00 pm
Just saying, the UN is an American institution, it was created by Franklin Roosevelt,

America is not subject to the UN, the UN is subject to America.

America built it to favor America, in that America can use it as a sword which cannot be turned back on America.

The UN is not some foreign power, it's actually an American weapon.

When it suits America, America invokes the UN, when it doesn't, America ignores it, and that was by design.

Oh, Saddam Hussein, UNSC on you, suckah.

George W Bush? Nah, doesn't work that way, the UN works for America, America is not subject to it,

It's not a coincidence that it is headquartered in Manhattan. It's not foreign, America owns it.
Sort of. We co-own it with China, France, Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom. But I don't like the idea of trying to share ownership of the globe among 5 veto-power nations. You go from 195 actual world nations to five power nations running the show, then what? Five power nations down to two? Then one?

My opposition comes from the belief that there is only one way to keep people free, and that's by decentralizing power. For example, the US has 50 states instead of one giant national landmass. The government has three co-equal branches. From the founding onward efforts have been made in this nation to keep power from accumulating into too few hands.

The UN - it operates incomplete opposition to the idea of decentralization of power. It wants to act as a central, global, power. That's why I don't like it, even as a co-owned puppet organization.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headqua ... ed_Nations

It's not "sort of." The UN is literally our baby preceded by the League of Nations. It is headquartered here in NYC.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:32 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:36 pm

The beauty of the UN therein.

No real independent power, thus, no global consolidation thereof.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:45 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:15 pm

The UN - it operates incomplete opposition to the idea of decentralization of power. It wants to act as a central, global, power. That's why I don't like it, even as a co-owned puppet organization.
When, and how, has the UN acted like or indicated a desire to act like, a "central, global power"? I don't get where the belief that the UN acts or is like some sort of global version of the European Union, gets its ideas from. I see the UN as a fangless, useless organisation with entirely too much pointless spending, and that the various countries use as a meeting place in which they can virtue signal to each other and can - if they are one of the greater powers - succeed at building support for some sanctions at their rivals, and if they're not, fail at it. I don't see where the UN acts or indicates a desire to act, as if the UN itself was or wanted to be some sort of world government on its own.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:28 am

BjornP wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:45 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:15 pm

When, and how, has the UN acted like or indicated a desire to act like, a "central, global power"? I don't get where the belief that the UN acts or is like some sort of global version of the European Union, gets its ideas from. I see the UN as a fangless, useless organisation with entirely too much pointless spending, and that the various countries use as a meeting place in which they can virtue signal to each other and can - if they are one of the greater powers - succeed at building support for some sanctions at their rivals, and if they're not, fail at it. I don't see where the UN acts or indicates a desire to act, as if the UN itself was or wanted to be some sort of world government on its own.
"Fangless" isn't the same as "useless." An arena where nations can virtue signal each other seems like a valuable tool in the arsenal of diplomacy.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:05 am

It is mostly useless, HM. All it takes for a country to get away with genocide, is for that country to enjoy the protection of one of the big permanent SC members. And its "human rights councils" and tyranical regimes trying to newspeak "human rights" into "the human right for our traditional rights to murder people for their beliefs" is another thing to make spending money on them pointless. As an organisation strictly devoted to be a meeting place for countries to meet and discuss territorial disputes, international conflicts, etc. it has a purpose. All that other bullshit is a waste of everyone's money, time and patience for hypocricy.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:54 am

Ah yes, the Martin Hash Forum.
Where people can scroll past the reasoning behind a position and quickly type "Nuh-uh! It's not bad, it's just expensive and useless!"

(Because expensive and useless isn't synonymous with bad, right?)

Now I remember why I took a break from this genius academy.
:lol:

Carry on.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:29 am

DB, your claim was more than just that it was "bad". You specifically claimed that it "It wants to act as a central, global, power". So... where do you actually see that?