Fake News

PartyOf5

Re: Fake News

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:10 am

BjornP wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:30 am
Low bar. Do you really consider all the millionaire Hollywood celebrities and musicians intelligent? All the Democratic party politicians intelligent because they were succesful?

It takes some amount of intelligence to tie your own shoelace, but I would not use the description "intelligent" about someone based simply on that, either.
Does the intelligence of actors matter to you? Their job is to entertain, and if they are successful at that, who cares if they are geniuses or not? Why does it matter if Trump is smart or not? If he is getting the job done, who cares. Results for the job are what matters. Yet the TDS crowd is either making him out to be some cartoon villain who is such a diabolical genius no one can catch him, or he's so stupid he can't even brush his teeth without screwing it up.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:14 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:58 am
Haumana wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37 am
BjornP wrote:
Low bar. Do you really consider all the millionaire Hollywood celebrities and musicians intelligent? All the Democratic party politicians intelligent because they were succesful?

It takes some amount of intelligence to tie your own shoelace, but I would not use the description "intelligent" about someone based simply on that, either.
Huh? Who is saying that other than you?

Name one good thing that Trump has done since being in office.
Building the wall, enforcing immigration, cracking down on grifters, and has used his Emergency Powers to help America.

To name a few.
Court appiontments.
Lowest unemployment rate among blacks and Latinos ever.
Served fast food to Clemson at the White House. That was epic.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:10 am
BjornP wrote:

Does the intelligence of actors matter to you? Their job is to entertain, and if they are successful at that, who cares if they are geniuses or not? Why does it matter if Trump is smart or not? If he is getting the job done, who cares. Results for the job are what matters. Yet the TDS crowd is either making him out to be some cartoon villain who is such a diabolical genius no one can catch him, or he's so stupid he can't even brush his teeth without screwing it up.
If actors want to be taken seriously outside of acting, then yes of course it does.

Why does it matter if the president of the US is smart or not? Because it limits how beneficial his results can be to you, the quality and scope of the results. If he is too uintelligent, or too ignorant and too arrogant to seek counsel, you end up missing out on even better immigration deals, even better trade deals, etc.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:27 am

You cannot discount the luck factor in complex human systems. Luck can make a really bad president seem great to historians (Lincoln) or a really good president seem pretty awful.

There are so many random events involved that the only thing we can rationally do is judge a president by whether he acted rationally with the information he possessed at the time. A mistake is when you have the information to indicate some decision would likely result in a poor outcome and you still do it, not when you have little idea exactly how things will turn out and, in hindsight, fake news actors label that a "mistake".

One can also look at motivations, etc. I think democrats' motivations are pretty horrible, with their desire to flood America with immigrants to turn this into a one party state. I think the republicans' motivations bad (though not as evil) in that everything they seem to want to do completely fucks over the middle class and plunders our wealth.

If you just go by those two metrics, I would be hard-pressed to think of a genuinely good president. Democracy doesn't seem to have good outcomes. Lots of good kings. No good presidents.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:25 am

DJT cut the Gordian Knot on becoming president. 230 years and DJT just blew up the known, studied and documented way you go about it...…………….. yeah, he's stupid.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:29 am

He's basically an inferior copy of TR, but he can't fight or hunt, and he definitely would never put his own life on the line for his politics.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:38 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:14 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:58 am
Haumana wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37 am

Huh? Who is saying that other than you?

Name one good thing that Trump has done since being in office.
Building the wall, enforcing immigration, cracking down on grifters, and has used his Emergency Powers to help America.

To name a few.
Court appiontments.
Lowest unemployment rate among blacks and Latinos ever.
Served fast food to Clemson at the White House. That was epic.
-He's forced Washington DC into the light, they've shown how corrupt they are as a reaction to DJT.
-He has resisted the Warmongers pretty well. By my count, first POTUS since Jimmy Carter not to get us in a new Military engagement.
-Deregulation is what is driving the economy. He destroyed a bunch of stupid life sucking regulation that really didn't matter, that only existed to keep the leviathan going.
-balancing US trade with China
-bring the NATO freeloaders to heel and force them to start paying their share
-Reaffirmed US sovereignty, removed the US from foreign entanglements
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:29 am
He's basically an inferior copy of TR, but he can't fight or hunt, and he definitely would never put his own life on the line for his politics.
I wouldn't disagree with that......and why not, we are in a new gilded age. We've just changed names and industries. Instead of robber barons of the industrial age we have robber barons of big tech and global corporatism.
PLATA O PLOMO

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 pm

BjornP wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am
If actors want to be taken seriously outside of acting, then yes of course it does.

Why does it matter if the president of the US is smart or not? Because it limits how beneficial his results can be to you, the quality and scope of the results. If he is too uintelligent, or too ignorant and too arrogant to seek counsel, you end up missing out on even better immigration deals, even better trade deals, etc.
What matters to me is how someone performs their job. Trump has done a better job than the last POTUS. The economy has been doing very well for a long time now. He has made a number of good court appointments. He hasn't gotten into any new wars. So to me, all the talk of him being too stupid for the job is a lie.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:34 pm

"hasnt gotten us into new wars" is a whack argument, he has increased troop levels in the middle east and his administration tried to topple venezuela, nevermind the increase in drone strikes overseas and increased support for saudi arabia. i lived through 8 years of democrats ignoring the president's wars, i'm not extending that same privilege to trump