Fake News

pineapplemike

Re: Fake News

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Breitbart News Confronts Joe Biden About Misquoting Trump on Charlottesville
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election ... ttesville/

Former vice president Joe Biden told Breitbart News on Thursday that President Donald Trump called neo-Nazis in Charlottesville “very fine people,” and insisted that Trump did not condemn them — despite the fact that the video and transcript of Trump’s remarks prove him wrong.

The claim, known to conservative critics as the “Charlottesville hoax” or the “very fine people” hoax, is a core part of Biden’s stump speech, and a staple for many other Democratic presidential contenders as well. It is a key piece of “evidence” cited to support the claim that Trump is a racist who is inciting mass shootings.

Biden began his remarks at the “Political Soapbox” at the Iowa State Fair by repeating the claim that Trump had called neo-Nazis “very fine people”: “Charlottesville — that hate and that venom that we saw, and then the president saying, when asked about the groups … as well as the young woman, when she was killed, he said there were very fine people in both groups. Very fine people. No president, sitting president has ever said something like that. And the only thing that’s happened is it’s gotten worse.”
The Biden Campaign Admits Its Central Theme is a Lie
https://www.scottadamssays.com/2019/08/ ... -is-a-lie/
USA Today wrote of Trump that “He claimed there were some very fine people on both sides.” That part is true. Now watch how they weasel-away the second part of Trump’s statement that clarified his meaning.

USA Today said, “In the same speech, though, the president said he had condemned white supremacy and neo-Nazis.”

Did you catch the sleight-of-hand? By wording it as “in the same speech” they leave the impression that the “fine people” comment stood alone as a compliment to neo-Nazis while suggesting that later that he said something contradictory. That is fake news. It was all one extended thought from Trump, not a different topic in the same speech.

Secondly, Trump didn’t “say he had condemned” the neo-Nazis, he actually condemned them, in real time, while cameras rolled. The way USA Today words it, they reduce one of the most well-documented facts of all time to a “claim” from a president known to bend the facts.

The Today Show falsely claimed Pollak was incorrect, without showing its audience the transcript. That is peak weasel.

The Des Moines Register covered the story without showing the transcript. They reported “Former Vice President Joe Biden said he was not misrepresenting President Donald Trump’s comments on a white supremacist gathering in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017.

After Biden’s Des Moines Register Political Soapbox speech on Thursday, Breitbart News Network reporter Joel Pollak told Biden he was misquoting the president when he quotes Trump saying there “were very fine people, on both sides” at the white supremacist gathering. Biden pushed back on criticism.

“Let’s get this straight: he said there were very fine people in both groups,” Biden said. “They were chanting anti-Semitic slogans, burning flags.”

How hard would it be to show their readers the actual transcript to prove Biden was lying or confused?

Yahoo News also covered the story without printing the transcript. They wrote “In the wake of the Charlottesville altercation, there has been an effort among Trump supporters in right-wing media to claim that the president didn’t actually call neo-Nazis and white nationalists “very fine people.” Trump, they claim, was talking about those who supported preserving the statue of Robert E. Lee and not the white nationalists who organized the rally. But there is little evidence the former group attended the infamous Friday night tiki-torch march.”

Why do they need to express the story as competing “claims” when the transcript and video of the event are widely available? It’s because the facts don’t support their story. You can bet that they would print the transcript, or at least link to it, if it supported their version of events.

Predictably, Politico reported on the story without printing the transcript. They wrote “Joe Biden on Thursday adamantly defended his assertions that President Donald Trump embraced white supremacists after a deadly demonstration in Charlottesville, Va., engaging in an animated exchange after his public remarks here.”

Again, how hard would it be to link to the full transcript? Or even the full video?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:19 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am

I fucking hate them so much.

Bernie is right.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:55 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am
I fucking hate them so much.

Bernie is right.
I believe there are a lot of Lefties that either blame Bernie or think he aided in the loss to HRC.
Add to that the fact that Bernie got bought off and rolled over to Hillary just prior to the Dem Caucus and how they had to maneuver around Super Delegates to nominate HRC and there is a lot of dislike of Bernie.

Bernie is right that Mega Corps and Elites like Amazon pay no taxes. But he's a hypocrite too and everyone knows it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:16 am

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:16 am
I am so sick and tired of these over-righteous left wing loudmouths going on and on about crap like this. They want to erase any conservative or Trump supporter from existence, and I've had it with them. Stupid comment about lying and misleading. Gee, the Obamas misled the public for 8 years and they got a deal with Netflix. The Clintons have made a career out of it. Al Gore misled the pubic even after his fame with his climate change scam. These fools still stand by their lefty frauds while trying to literally wipe any and all conservatives from existence. We really will need separate countries at this rate.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:33 am

it's really demoralizing at times, isn't it

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:57 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 am
Fife wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:16 am
I am so sick and tired of these over-righteous left wing loudmouths going on and on about crap like this. They want to erase any conservative or Trump supporter from existence, and I've had it with them. Stupid comment about lying and misleading. Gee, the Obamas misled the public for 8 years and they got a deal with Netflix. The Clintons have made a career out of it. Al Gore misled the pubic even after his fame with his climate change scam. These fools still stand by their lefty frauds while trying to literally wipe any and all conservatives from existence. We really will need separate countries at this rate.
pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:33 am
it's really demoralizing at times, isn't it
You guys are really playing catch up, aren't you? This has been going on for decades you just are catching on now because they are no longer being subtle about it anymore.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:57 am
You guys are really playing catch up, aren't you?
Ironic.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:59 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:20 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:57 am
You guys are really playing catch up, aren't you?
Ironic.
There is a reason why I don't watch the news anymore, and I take my news sources from multiple places online and do my own research. I don't trust the media. I haven't since Clinton was put into office, They have been blowhards for decades, and it's taken you and others like you until Obama, but really Trump got into office to really see the bias.

The Irony here is that I'm the one that people make fun of... yet I'm the one that doesn't need to be told what is obvious to everyone that hasn't drunk the fucking koolaid for decades.
#NotOneRedCent