Fake News

BjornP

Re: Fake News

Post by BjornP » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 am
Good Graphs ND.

All this SJW is BHO. He's nothing more than a political street rabble rouser, Jessie Jackson on steroids.
So the SJW phenomenon began and was controlled "top-down" by BHO? You don’t think it grew out of some pre-existing trends?

Also, if it's linked to Obama, why does the sjw trend only grow during his 2nd term?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 am
C-Mag wrote:
Good Graphs ND.

All this SJW is BHO. He's nothing more than a political street rabble rouser, Jessie Jackson on steroids.
So the SJW phenomenon began and was controlled "top-down" by BHO? You don’t think it grew out of some pre-existing trends?

Also, if it's linked to Obama, why does the sjw trend only grow during his 2nd term?
Social Justice was a minor fringe movement prior to BHO. It was top down, in fact BHO fresh off his second election felt confident to push it in his 2nd inauguration speech.
http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/ ... l-address/

Obama's Social Justice
https://mises-media.s3.amazonaws.com/So ... tice_2.pdf

Today, we are closer to fulfilling America's promise of economic and social justice because we stand on the shoulders of giants like Dr. King, yet our future progress will depend on how we prepare our next generation of leaders. We must fortify their ladders of opportunity by correcting social injustice, breaking the cycle of poverty in struggling communities, and reinvesting in our schools. Education can unlock a child's potential and remains our strongest weapon against injustice and inequality.
~ Barack Obama
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:38 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 am

Social Justice was a minor fringe movement prior to BHO. It was top down, in fact BHO fresh off his second election felt confident to push it in his 2nd inauguration speech.

Obama's Social Justice

Today, we are closer to fulfilling America's promise of economic and social justice because we stand on the shoulders of giants like Dr. King, yet our future progress will depend on how we prepare our next generation of leaders. We must fortify their ladders of opportunity by correcting social injustice, breaking the cycle of poverty in struggling communities, and reinvesting in our schools. Education can unlock a child's potential and remains our strongest weapon against injustice and inequality.
~ Barack Obama
Those were some depressing reads but something struck me though. Why is it that Obama's overall narrative/agenda is never discussed on the MSM? The lens of extended history should really mess with some peoples' heads.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:36 am

Haumana wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:38 am
C-Mag wrote:

Obama's Social Justice

~ Barack Obama
Those were some depressing reads but something struck me though. Why is it that Obama's overall narrative/agenda is never discussed on the MSM? The lens of extended history should really mess with some peoples' heads.
Except you don't really "break the cycle of poverty" by giving people handouts and "free shit". I've known tons of people who have sat on their asses collecting their "free" govt handouts who constantly complained how it "wasn't enough" and yet would refuse to get off their butts and do anything to improve their situation. In fact, I many ways the system is rigged - I've seen several people on "disability" for ridiculous reasons, one I recall with "anxiety" that got a job at Home Despot for like 2 weeks, and then quit because if they kept working - even though they'd make twice their govt handouts working, they'd lose their disability status and be "on their own" after if they lost that job... The fear of that is a huge demotivator. Yet suggest changing that system and Dems will eviscerate you as "not caring" (you racist bigot Nazi!).

Yes, education is important, being able to do at least basic math and speak/write well I would consider essential... And it seems to me our education system often fails miserably in this regard. But having watched what "investment in education" has become from Dems it's obvious throwing money at something doesn't necessarily help - increase the local school budget by $1mil, they hire two new teachers at $50k, spend $100k on some new books, new furniture, etc, and hire 4 new "administrators" at $200k each - little help to the students themselves.

"Or do we build an economy ... where everybody gets a fair shot, and everybody does their fair share, and everybody is playing by the same set of rules?"

...it's up to the individual to DO their fair share, work at their "fair shot". Virtually nobody ever becomes successful on "free" handouts from govt. The very few that do put in a lot of hard work, not just sit on their laurels demanding ever more "freebies".

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:42 am

C-Mag wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 am
C-Mag wrote:
Good Graphs ND.

Obama's Social Justice

~ Barack Obama
Isn't that more evidence of Obama helping to bring SJ issues into mainstream politics, rather than evidence of him being in charge of the SJW agenda? :think: I mean, it's a big leap to assume that SJWs even have leaders.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 am

SJWism feels like a logical extension of PCism to me, from when i was a kid. same shit george carlin was talking about in the 90s, everyone gets a trophy mentality for kids who finally grew up and inherited the reins of power

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:42 am

Isn't that more evidence of Obama helping to bring SJ issues into mainstream politics, rather than evidence of him being in charge of the SJW agenda? :think: I mean, it's a big leap to assume that SJWs even have leaders.
If that's how you want to see it. It's clear that as soon as BHO started his second term he was going to push SJW issues publicly and in policy.

I see a more pervasive and organized case of social engineering. The modern left does this very well. Christians get killed, everyone call them sunday worshippers. It's fucking spooky when you see that they all use the same talking points and exact same language.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:26 am

Haumana wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:38 am

Barrack has always gotten a free ride from the press.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:29 am

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 am
BjornP wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:42 am

If that's how you want to see it. It's clear that as soon as BHO started his second term he was going to push SJW issues publicly and in policy.

I see a more pervasive and organized case of social engineering. The modern left does this very well. Christians get killed, everyone call them sunday worshippers. It's fucking spooky when you see that they all use the same talking points and exact same language.
"Want" has nothing to do with it, Carlus. It's either fact or not. I simply don't believe Obama had as big of an impact on, nor direct leadership of, the SJW movement. Much more likely, as mike points out, it's a popularization of the PC movement of the 90's, given more life through the social media bubbles. Not that I see alot of SJW points in the Obama speech you quoted either, since "social justice" or what he describes that to be, isn't what I'd SJWism. Arguing for less poverty and better education ain't the same as arguing that you're a "bigot" if you don't want men in the girls' toilet. As a standalone term, "social justice" simply refers to justice for more than one person - what one regards as justice is another question.

"It's spooky that they all use the same talking points and same language"? Uuuhhmm, ...then you're easily spooked, Carlus? You all use the same talking points and language here, and I'm not "spooked" by that. Anybody else spooked? Are you? People who agree, agree. People who agree, use the same talking points. That's not "spooky" that's been normal behavior for....ever.