pineapplemike

Re: Fake News

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:44 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 pm
not much but i've seen enough to treat everything they do with suspect
It's good to be sceptical but can you be certain that you are not just responding to anti-BBC bias in the American right-wing media?
The BBC has criticised Trump which led to them being banned from Whitehouse press conferences and being called fake news by the POTUS.
Recently this anti-BBC rhetoric has been responsible for a BBC journalist being violently attacked at a Trump rally.
The BBC has also criticised every other POTUS I can remember but this is the first time one has been so butthurt about it and banned them from attending press conferences.

http://archive.is/wdEhU

BBC made Russell Howard rewrite a joke – in case it offended Isis
The comic has revealed that executives asked that he change a routine in which he attacked Isis as 'not being Muslims' following the 2015 Paris attacks that killed at least 130 people.

Speaking on his Sky One show The Russell Howard Hour, the stand-up said: 'A while back I worked for the BBC and I did a piece about the Paris attacks when I said Isis weren't Muslims, they were terrorists – and the crowd cheered.

'And then, at the end of the show, the BBC lost their mind, [saying] "You need to re-record it! You need to say Isis aren't *devout* Muslims."

'I was like, "Are you worried we are going to offend Isis?" Are they going to write in?"'
not that you couldn't post links from BBC that i would consider true and accurate, i'll use them as a source whenever it's appropriate, but i know where their heart is

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:01 am

An 11-year-old student in Florida is facing charges after refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance and creating a disturbance in the classroom, police said.

The boy was arrested for causing a disruption and refusing repeated instructions from school staff and law enforcement, Polk County Public Schools spokesperson Kyle Kennedy said in a statement. He was not arrested for refusing to participate in the pledge – even though students have the right to do so by Florida law and district policy.

The sixth-grader from a Tampa suburb allegedly told his substitute teacher the flag is "racist" and the national anthem is offensive to black people, Bay News 9 reported, citing a statement the teacher gave the district.

In response, the teacher said she asked the student why not go to another place to live if it was "so bad here." She said he answered, "They brought me here."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 900253002/

That's how USA Today chose to report the incident. He's arrested for refusing to say the pledge!!! :o :o :o

But if you keep on reading (which most NPCs never do), you will come across this gem:
Dhakira Talbot, the boy’s mother, told Bay News 9 that she wants the charges dropped. She denied the arrest affidavit accusing her son of threatening to beat the teacher, the station reported.

Did you see that?

The lede has the boy "An 11-year-old student in Florida is facing charges after refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance and creating a disturbance in the classroom".

But buried down below in the story, you have this weird comment that the boy's mother denies the arrest affidavit accusing her son of "threatening to beat the teacher".

The story gives the impression that the boy was arrested for refusing to say the pledge or, at worst, causing a disruption. But the arrest affidavit seems to indicate criminal behavior, and the only way you would even know that from the story is an offhand comment that the mother denies the allegation.

Now.. I am not interested in debating the story itself. Arresting 11 year old boys in school for shit like this is silly. My problem is with the obvious fake news aspect of how this story is being twisted to fit a leftist narrative.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:16 am

No rationalizing or trying to figuring it out will occur. This is our future. Its filled with kafkatraps , doublespeak, wrong think, fragmentation + distortion of information.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 am

Tonight on CNN: 5 dead after guy gets fired from his job. That's the equivalent to this story about the kid being arrested for refusing to stand and recite the pledge. I can see right through it. What makes e the most angry is that most Americans don't.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 pm

One danger of fake news:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43621/ja ... en-shapiro

Real hate crimes being ignored because antisemitic violence only counts to the MSM when it's perpetrated by whites. Which goes back to the point of the coverage always being anti-white first and foremost, even if that means ignoring violent hate crimes against minorities perpetrated by other minorities, and running with the hate hoaxes instead.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 pm
One danger of fake news:

Real hate crimes being ignored because antisemitic violence only counts to the MSM when it's perpetrated by whites. Which goes back to the point of the coverage always being anti-white first and foremost, even if that means ignoring violent hate crimes against minorities perpetrated by other minorities, and running with the hate hoaxes instead.
That is a very interesting case study isn't? I mean it really puts the progressive mindset in a jam...
The good, the true, & the beautiful

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:26 am

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 pm
One danger of fake news:

But but but antisemitism only comes for the right the expert dirty dick said so.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:48 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Nick Sandmann just sued WoPo for 250 million dollars. He's basically gone Hulk Hogan on those motherfuckers.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... -coverage/

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:54 pm
Nick Sandmann just sued WoPo for 250 million dollars. He's basically gone Hulk Hogan on those motherfuckers.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... -coverage/
And that's just WaPo, there's others coming.