Public School Education System Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:EDIT: I have no issue with Christians, or any other religion. Feel free, just leave the rest of us alone.
Sure you don't,
all whistling through fuckery on our way straight to hell on earth, because these willfully ignorant hicks are allowed to have a public voice about their blood cult.

No. I'm not subtle about it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:07 pm

You can see how badly we have addressed this conflict up until now. People still try to frame this as an issue of comparison between one camp versus the other. Marxism has infected every institution. This is not about adopting school choice over government schools. That would be great, but it's not a solution to the problem of marxism. Marxists will try to jam their indoctrination into every school if given the chance. You have to fight back on a case-by-case basis. Give no quarter. Make no compromise with these people.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:07 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:The one person that I know to have gone to a "Christian" university was a straight A student. She is also a fucking moron.

I've had to explain basic history to her, scientific method, and business terminology on more than a few occaisions. She's realized that her 'education' was a waste of fucking time, since no actual university will consider her credits, and no employer will take her seriously. Currently pursuing enrollment for a nursing program, and starting at freshman.
Anecdotal evidence. Just because you know one person who went to a christian university and they are a moron who can't get the job they figured on doesn't mean that is the experience of most people who go to religious schools.
/shrug
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:Free market isn't a panacea, folks.
Nobody ever said freedom was a panacea, it is what you make of it, but at least it is you who decides, and not some Commie Cat Face Chairman Meow deciding for you.
Nec Aspera Terrent

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:14 pm

I believe abolishing the federal dept of education would be the second greatest gift we could give to our children. (The first being not giving them giant piles of debt the day they are born.)

School should be local, and if Bumfuck, OK wants to teach their kids that god is everything and no other science knowledge is needed, let them. Sure, it's a different problem, but to continue to pretend that education is one-size-fits-all is doing nothing but wasting money & minds.
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:18 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:The one person that I know to have gone to a "Christian" university was a straight A student. She is also a fucking moron.
The Catholic school students here all test higher than their non-catholic counterparts, 20 of the top 30 high schools in Ontario are Catholic, number one is St. Michael's in Toronto.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:Free market isn't a panacea, folks.
Nobody ever said freedom was a panacea, it is what you make of it, but at least it is you who decides, and not some Commie Cat Face Chairman Meow deciding for you.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
The Catholic school students here all test higher than their non-catholic counterparts, 20 of the top 30 high schools in Ontario are Catholic, number one is St. Michael's in Toronto.

Same here. By a pretty wide margin.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Same here. By a pretty wide margin.
She was very, very good at math. But no real knowledge, or critical thinking skills.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:EDIT: I have no issue with Christians, or any other religion. Feel free, just leave the rest of us alone.
Sure you don't,
all whistling through fuckery on our way straight to hell on earth, because these willfully ignorant hicks are allowed to have a public voice about their blood cult.

No. I'm not subtle about it.
Like I said, go ahead and be an idiot. Just don't try to impose it on me, or the rest of society. I'll go ahead and pity their ignorance from afar.
Kath wrote:I believe abolishing the federal dept of education would be the second greatest gift we could give to our children. (The first being not giving them giant piles of debt the day they are born.)

School should be local, and if Bumfuck, OK wants to teach their kids that god is everything and no other science knowledge is needed, let them. Sure, it's a different problem, but to continue to pretend that education is one-size-fits-all is doing nothing but wasting money & minds.
Now this response surprises me, because I understand you to be somewhat socially liberal. You're ok with raising a huge number of our citizens in absolute belief of 'righteousness' to be imposed upon the rest?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0