Public School Education System Thread

Smitty-48

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:53 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:No. I'm not subtle about it. And I'm not the aggressor.
Agression against the Godless Bolshevists is no crime where I come from, the House of Windsor is a Christian nation, Her Majesty defends the right, divine mandate from Jesus Christ therein.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:53 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Just fyi, we have a religious seperate school system here in Canada, as I said, part of keeping the Queen's Peace of the Confederation, was allowing the French and Irish their own schools, written right into the provincial constitution, Roman Catholics have their own schools, publically funded by law, so Creationism is taught in public school in Canada, it's just taught as a seperate class from science, then the students can decide what they beleive for themselves, and believing in Creationism is no crime, Her Majesty defends the right.
Yet our religious school system doesn't result in the disaster that Grumpycat imagines religious schooling to be. If the United States left it up to the states like we leave it up to the provinces, it would not result in the disaster he imagines.
I am intrigued by the idea of separate religious schools - which we've always had in the US. Let them eat nonsense, eh wot?

I'm not in love with public funding for it, but if it helps contain the Stupid, I think I could accept it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:No. I'm not subtle about it. And I'm not the aggressor.
Agression against the Godless Bolshevists is no crime where I come from, the House of Windsor is a Christian nation, Her Majesty defends the right.
Precisely. And the United States of America is, by definition, by root cause, by absolute majority, and by explicit law NOT a Christian nation. Nor is it a Muslim, Jewish, Pastafarian, or any other sort of Flying God Man nation. This will not change, and does not a Bolshevik make, standing in defense of.

Hoo-rah, motherfucker.

EDIT: I have no issue with Christians, or any other religion. Feel free, just leave the rest of us alone.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:56 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I am intrigued by the idea of separate religious schools - which we've always had in the US. Let them eat nonsense, eh wot?

I'm not in love with public funding for it, but if it helps contain the Stupid, I think I could accept it.
The stupid is actually contained in the public school system. The religious schools are actually better on average than the government run schools around these parts. Shows what you know, you just assume that if religion is involved it always leads to stupid, like the typical religion hating lefty.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:57 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I am intrigued by the idea of separate religious schools - which we've always had in the US. Let them eat nonsense, eh wot?

Her Majesty only extends the right of public funding to the Christians, if you want to teach the Old Testament, or the Koran, you gonna have to pay for that out of your own pocket.
Nec Aspera Terrent

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:We really need to treat this confrontation with cultural marxism as a domestic war. This weaponized ideology must be neutralized. The people who promote these policies and ideas essentially demand that we subsidize their marxist revolution and hand over our nation states to their crackpot open borders, kumbaya ideology. This is not a dialog. It's not a debate. Either they win and destroy our civilization or we fight back and destroy marxism for good.

They made these enormous gains by controlling government schools, universities, Hollywood, and television networks. Deny them their stranglehold on the primary pillars of our culture, especially the schools that educate our youth.
Counter-point: I spent ten years in your beloved private Catholic school system after spending two in the public, and I still came out a Lefty-as-fuck kumbayah atheist. Religion class (or, as it's since been rebranded, "theology") was consistently the most useless hour on the curriculum, and I thought as much even as I went through it.

Free market isn't a panacea, folks.
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I am intrigued by the idea of separate religious schools - which we've always had in the US. Let them eat nonsense, eh wot?

The stupid is actually contained in the public school system. The religious schools are actually better on average than the government run schools. Shows what you know, you just assume that if religion is involved it always leads to stupid, like the typical religion hating lefty.
Well, perhaps you have different "Christians" up there. I think our particular flavor is... unique in the world.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:03 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
EDIT: I have no issue with Christians, or any other religion. Feel free, just leave the rest of us alone.
God, Queen, and Country, but nobody is going to force you to send your kids to Catholic School, mind you, even as an Orangeman, If I had bairns, I would send them to the Roman Catholics to be taught, they run the best schools, and enforce disclipline therein.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:04 pm

StCapps wrote:

The stupid is actually contained in the public school system. The religious schools are actually better on average than the government run schools around these parts. Shows what you know, you just assume that if religion is involved it always leads to stupid, like the typical religion hating lefty.
The one person that I know to have gone to a "Christian" university was a straight A student. She is also a fucking moron.

I've had to explain basic history to her, scientific method, and business terminology on more than a few occaisions. She's realized that her 'education' was a waste of fucking time, since no actual university will consider her credits, and no employer will take her seriously. Currently pursuing enrollment for a nursing program, and starting at freshman.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:04 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:We really need to treat this confrontation with cultural marxism as a domestic war. This weaponized ideology must be neutralized. The people who promote these policies and ideas essentially demand that we subsidize their marxist revolution and hand over our nation states to their crackpot open borders, kumbaya ideology. This is not a dialog. It's not a debate. Either they win and destroy our civilization or we fight back and destroy marxism for good.

They made these enormous gains by controlling government schools, universities, Hollywood, and television networks. Deny them their stranglehold on the primary pillars of our culture, especially the schools that educate our youth.
Counter-point: I spent ten years in your beloved private Catholic school system after spending two in the public, and I still came out a Lefty-as-fuck kumbayah atheist. Religion class (or, as it's since been rebranded, "theology") was consistently the most useless hour on the curriculum, and I thought as much even as I went through it.

Free market isn't a panacea, folks.

Lots of Catholic schools are run by borderline marxists these days. Same as many parishes. The Church is not exempt from the war.