Public School Education System Thread

brewster

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by brewster » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Christ. If the link didn't lead back to an actual state website I'd have said it was a hoax. WTF is wrong with these people that they lunge headlong into self parody?

I was shaking my head this morning over a news article lamenting that there's no Dem front runner of color. Of the 4, there's one woman and one gay man, but that's not diverse enough!!! Because it's all about identity, not experience, competence and temperament. I despair.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:06 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:29 pm
Christ. If the link didn't lead back to an actual state website I'd have said it was a hoax. WTF is wrong with these people that they lunge headlong into self parody?

I was shaking my head this morning over a news article lamenting that there's no Dem front runner of color. Of the 4, there's one woman and one gay man, but that's not diverse enough!!! Because it's all about identity, not experience, competence and temperament. I despair.
Shut up and pay your taxes, and your union dues. Continue to vote for the "grownups."

Wednesday:
Eat
Vote Democrat
Swim in piss
Sleep
Repeat

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:49 am

We Teach Our Kids To Be Doormats And Then Wonder Why There Is A ‘Bullying Epidemic’
I often hear parents tell their kids that it’s “never okay” to shout at or insult or hit someone. Never? If a group of bullies are surrounding you, hurling insults and invective just for sport, it’s still not okay to raise your voice or issue any sort of response-in-kind? What, then, is the more mature course? To “laugh it off,” as if you somehow find your own torment funny? To run away and tattle to an adult? What exactly is so mature about that?
The thing this author ignores is that the school prison doesn't give the inmates an IRL option of retreat from confrontation and violence. You still have to get your happy ass back on the bus tomorrow morning.

Allowing for a retreat from violence would destroy the raison d'etre of the entire institution, as the wardens would soon be out of work.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:27 pm

I'm a nice prison guard though . I'm like that dude the cellmates throw under the table to protect him during the prison riot that viral video showed years back or on Inside edition etc. There are sadistic guards I mean teachers and there nice ones and even just usually incompetent ones /dumb but usually they are just mediocre and " normal ". Im none of that really . At least I teach math mostly now.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 am

A lot of upsides to the C19 school shutdown.

1. No school kids killed in mass shootings in gun free zones

2. No children were raped by teachers

3. Parents were forced to take more responsibility for their kids.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:21 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 am

1. No school kids killed in mass shootings in gun free zones

Yep

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:39 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 am

1. No school kids killed in mass shootings in gun-free zones

I'm sure D's will find some nefarious meme to scare parents into dumping their kids back into the shit hole.....er, public school.

My guess is they will force companies to bring everyone back to work instead of telecommuting, thereby forcing parents to give their kids back to public educators.

One thing D's didn't count on was telecommuting turned out to be a net positive for damn near every profession out there. My job banned customers from coming into the building to file for permits, licenses, and other necessities. Everything was put online. Fill out the forms, review plans, apply for permits, and pay online. If they have to they can drop paperwork off at the entrance then leave vs staying 1-3 hours to get plans, licenses reviewed/approved. Turns out, we have had the fewest complaints this quarter than we have ever had since we kicked them all out. Turns out customers like using their limited time more efficiently, who knew? Recently there was a meeting to discuss the plan for reopening the building. Nearly every one stated: "Why the fuck would we do that?" They were getting more work done without all the customers around.

Similarly, many businesses, restaurants to be more specific, have seen that switching to delivery, mobile orders, and pickups/ vs just sitdowns at the main building have actually increased their business.

Schools here have been sending parents questionnaires and asking them what they would like to do next year, homeschool or send them back. Most parents I know have voted for homeschooling. Colleges are doing all online for the fall and tuition was lower. Win-win .

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:48 pm

Very encouraging
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:46 pm

I really hope I don't have to go to the actual building for the 2020/2021 school year. Would be super better to just do distance learning. Late March- mid June was so so much better work wise. My sperm count more than tripled! More feritle and not daily harassed and shit on too. Does wonder for your well-being. Feeling way less anxious and depressed about work lol. Public schools are dreadful . They are disease vectors so why send them back anyway .

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:11 am

The POTUS stated yesterday that if schools dont open, the funds should be given to the parents to select a method for teaching their kids.

This is a far too logical position to be accepted
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience