Public School Education System Thread

Zlaxer

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:22 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:54 am
Imagine if we threw every last prole into boot camp at age 18 and made them serve for at least two years.
The justice system would collapse under the weight of all the harassment complaints.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:29 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:28 am
In all seriousness - the people get what they deserve - proles don't raise pitch forks - so the system continues. I feel sorry for the kids - but the parents (collectively) are to blame. Most parents are incompetent - so why would you expect anything else from the school system?
This is why I am invested in my child's education, I will fight tooth and nail (and if I have to send him to a private school) to get the best education possible, and the best chance of success. I will struggle, and suffer while he succeeds, that is what a good parent is supposed to do.

The fact that parents drop their kids off at school and expect them to grow up to be good adults by going to a place that is nothing short of an indoctrination gristle mill amazes me to no end.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:18 am

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:58 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:18 am
Love it - most of us here have families who never owned slaves - and the few that do, never owned slaves themselves - but yet were asked to feel ashamed....

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 am

Another fine attempt of mind control by the 'paper of record'.
Trying to make everyone feel guilty for something they shouldn't do.

Isn't the over application of making people feel guilty about stuff one of the big reasons people cite for leaving the Catholic Church?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am

Zlaxer wrote:
In all seriousness - the people get what they deserve - proles don't raise pitch forks - so the system continues. I feel sorry for the kids - but the parents (collectively) are to blame. Most parents are incompetent - so why would you expect anything else from the school system?
Most parents and their parents were raised in the same system.

They will never allow school vouchers because it will break the education cabal. John Gatto says education is the biggest industry in the US, and he's likely right when you think about it. It's an industry every community has and that's not even including all the support industries. It's where most of your taxes go once you factor in local taxes.

We really are proles when we pay for this system and say nothing because they have us trained that, 'It's for the children'.

I've been listening to a bunch of John Gatto stuff, pretty eye opening.
PLATA O PLOMO

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:26 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 am

Isn't the over application of making people feel guilty about stuff one of the big reasons people cite for leaving the Catholic Church?

They'll claim our families "befitted" from slavery - by that same logic - black Americans should pay reparations to the Chinese for their slavery in making cheap shit. It's totally bunk logic.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:29 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am
Zlaxer wrote:

They will never allow school vouchers because it will break the education cabal. John Gatto says education is the biggest industry in the US, and he's likely right when you think about it. It's an industry every community has and that's not even including all the support industries. It's where most of your taxes go once you factor in local taxes.

We really are proles when we pay for this system and say nothing because they have us trained that, 'It's for the children'.

Rock solid, Carlus.

Have you listened to Prof CJ's show on Gatto yet? http://profcj.org/ep173/

John Taylor Gatto (1935-2018) was an award-winning public school teacher before leaving that career to become an outspoken critic of conventional schooling.

In this episode, CJ is very pleased to be joined by Richard Grove of Tragedy & Hope and Brett Veinotte of School Sucks to discuss Gatto’s life, legacy, and influence.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:53 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:29 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am
Zlaxer wrote:

Rock solid, Carlus.

Have you listened to Prof CJ's show on Gatto yet? http://profcj.org/ep173/

John Taylor Gatto (1935-2018) was an award-winning public school teacher before leaving that career to become an outspoken critic of conventional schooling.

In this episode, CJ is very pleased to be joined by Richard Grove of Tragedy & Hope and Brett Veinotte of School Sucks to discuss Gatto’s life, legacy, and influence.
I DID. Twice. Once about 6 months ago and then again several days ago. He's the one that got me onto Gatto. Didn't know the guy existed.

Then I got into John Gatto TV channel on youtube, that's where it gets depth. https://www.youtube.com/user/johntaylorgatto

This combined with a survey of all the stuff going on in podcasting and youtubing out there makes me wonder if there is something really going on out there under the surface waves. There's this independent entrepreneurship going on not just in the US, but globally that has been opened up by technology. Whether it's people making hard products or information products they are using the internet as a virtual world market, because they've learned they can live pretty well on the old buck a show model.

Combined with this marketplace is also a rejection of the status quo. I think there is a strong personal Liberty current under the surface that could swamp the central planners good ship lollipop.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:58 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:26 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 am

They'll claim our families "befitted" from slavery - by that same logic - black Americans should pay reparations to the Chinese for their slavery in making cheap shit. It's totally bunk logic.
I agree it's bunk, and I was pointing to the fact that people know it's bunk and it may cause people to sit out supporting the Dems. Not necessarily become a Trump supporter, but just sit out the political process.
PLATA O PLOMO