Habbening Thread

TheReal_ND

Re: Habbening Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:46 am

Montegriffo wrote:BBC is now saying German police think the driver was from Afghanistan or Pakistan so maybe Taliban rather than ISIS. Either way it is providing ammo for the far right in Germany.
Taliban is literally a gang that was trying to hold Afghanistan. Al Queda is the terrorist name you are looking for.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:58 am

All still speculation at the moment. Could be someone with PTSD off his med's for all we know right now.
That's what the war on terror is, lots of individual incidents lumped together and called Jihad.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:37 am

What I reject in the coverage of this assassination is that the notion that the police-turned-into-terrorist is then said to say "For Aleppo". And then on the same page for example CNN runs a coverage of Aleppo. It's goddam nearly criminal in my view to such lengths to hiddenly justify an attack. You don't spread the cause of a terrorist.

Just as nothing about the terrorist who plowed into Germans was said made me think he would have to then fit the "ISIS terrorist" profile well. Seems to have been a 22-year old Pakistani asylum seeker. Well, shall we say Merkel was correct in admitting that IS terrorists have infiltrated Europe alongside the other refugee/migrant swarm? And are the American media btw. that ISIS took the credit for the action?

Wonder if the truck terrorist gets now a favourable asylum decision. (German prison likely better than a Pakistani one)

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:49 am

Wooooooooooops

Berlin Terror Attack: Police launch new manhunt after admitting they may have arrested wrong man
ssu wrote:What I reject in the coverage of this assassination is that the notion that the police-turned-into-terrorist is then said to say "For Aleppo". And then on the same page for example CNN runs a coverage of Aleppo. It's goddam nearly criminal in my view to such lengths to hiddenly justify an attack. You don't spread the cause of a terrorist.
There's been a lot of bending over backwards to really hang everything on that 'Aleppo' comment. The whole Odwalla Snackbar bit (the first thing out of this dude's mouth) was suspiciously absent in a lot of reports.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:53 am

Nothing less than amazing how CNN is attempting to differentiate the guy who shot the Rus from ISIS.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:All still speculation at the moment. Could be someone with PTSD off his med's for all we know right now.
That's what the war on terror is, lots of individual incidents lumped together and called Jihad.
There it is. Just a little PTSD. Maybe all he needs is a little Prozac. We may never know.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:22 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:All still speculation at the moment. Could be someone with PTSD off his med's for all we know right now.
There it is. Just a little PTSD. Maybe all he needs is a little Prozac. We may never know.
Note I said speculation, assuming an IS connection despite them not claiming responsibility is also speculation.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:29 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Note I said speculation, assuming an IS connection despite them not claiming responsibility is also speculation.
This is the work of a violent Muslim waging war against the infidels in the name of Allah, with the goal of creating a global Caliphate. It's the same thing every time, yet here you are once again with your fingers crossed praying it's just some garden variety nut off his meds, but we all know it isn't.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:39 am

I shall just put you in the same ignorant group as StA then, unable to see any grey areas when it comes to acts of violence by Muslims but prepared to see mass shootings in the US as individual acts not related in any way to gun control issues.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:45 am

Montegriffo wrote:I shall just put you in the same ignorant group as StA then, unable to see any grey areas when it comes to acts of violence by Muslims but prepared to see mass shootings in the US as individual acts not related in any way to gun control issues.
Bending over backwards to find any angle whatsoever how this might not be another violent Muslim.

And a gun is an inanimate object. Trying to equate guns to violent Islam is a vacuous argument. It's like trying to blame the last two vehicle attacks on car control. Absolutely asinine.