Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

Montegriffo

Re: Does anyone on this forum actually care about Syria?

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:05 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Not true. There are various ways. It's the same shit they've been selling us with our porose borders. Yes it's hard to stop a mob literally invading Europe but you can make sure they don't get free for doing so. You can take care of them but keep them away from assimilation at the same time. Im not saying this in bad faith but I really don't see how else to do anything positive about this. Our MIC is literally drooling over all the government contracts they will get to fight fourth generation warfare.

This is the only way we can avoid this. The experiment isn't working we need to start reversing before the MIC grinds us to dust.
But you're talking about internment camps now which is a sure fire way to breed radicals. Never forget the vast majority are fleeing from terror not coming to attack the west.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:09 am

Alright man. We'll play it your way. Mark my words this way lays doom.

I don't like it but maybe it's the only way.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:16 am

Look I don't claim to have all the answers but I'm pretty sure increased nationalism is not the best way to ensure world peace. Once you start seeing your own culture as vastly superior to others wars become more likely and more brutal. See operation Barbarossa for evidence of that.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:20 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Alright man. We'll play it your way. Mark my words this way lays doom.

No, it's not.

We have. Had several elections in different countries about it. Was rejected.

Yes it does. Especially for those that support it.

Nope, fuck that.

Last edited by clubgop on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:23 am

It's not about superiorty. That is subjective. Try looking at the future of Europe objectively. Even England.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:33 am

TheReal_ND wrote:It's not about superiorty. That is subjective. Try looking at the future of Europe objectively. Even England.
We have been a bastard nation of immigrants and invaders since the Celts came over in the bronze age and before. At what point did we get a national identity and when did it all go wrong? DSL used to go on about the Anglo Saxons but the Normans brought massive improvements an ultimately led to us being the most powerful Empire in the world. We have had waves of immigration from places like India and the West Indies in more recent times which have been a positive addition to our culture, assuming that Muslim immigrants or Eastern Europeans have nothing to offer is short sighted and could increase the current levels of resentment even further.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:Look I don't claim to have all the answers but I'm pretty sure increased nationalism is not the best way to ensure world peace. Once you start seeing your own culture as vastly superior to others wars become more likely and more brutal. See operation Barbarossa for evidence of that.
Not about superiority, I believe it is worth preserving, worth fighting for. You can turn tail and run, appeasing crocodiles along the way thinking you are going to live forever, but I sure as hell ain't and I wont consign my country to the same fate either.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:56 am

The Syrian Civil War is an example that ethnic cleansing works as every fifth Syrian is now a refugee outside the country. And with over a quarter of million dead, that's more bloody than the Yugoslav Civil war. For comparison the US lead war in Afghanistan has killed roughly about 80 000 people perhaps.

(a bit old, but gives the perspective)

I think in the end the Assad regime will succeed in it's objectives.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:12 am

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Alright man. We'll play it your way. Mark my words this way lays doom.

No, it's not.

We have. Had several elections in different countries about it. Was rejected.

Yes it does. Especially for those that support it.

Nope, fuck that.

Churchill? That thing several countries rejected was precisely Churchill's vision of Europe:

Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:40 am

BjornP wrote: Churchill? That thing several countries rejected was precisely Churchill's vision of Europe:

Good point, BjornP