The FCC and Net Neutrality

Cid

The FCC and Net Neutrality

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Not going to lie this is one that pisses me off at Republicans more than Democrats, I mean I'm on the left so that's to be expected, but Obama pissed me off when I thought he appointed an insider lobbyist to head the FCC. Turns out Wheeler was an industry traitor and mostly screwed them over.

Wheeler wanted broadband pushed to more rural areas and wanted broadband to be classified as something a modern country could expect.

http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... comments=1

Ajit Pai on the other hand is someone who has done everything in his power to promote mergers, reduce competition, and handicap governments ability to stop monopolistic assholes from creating their gateway fiefdoms over the internet.

So, hope gas stays cheap because our internet might be going up in the near future (though perhaps that's for the best.)

Ex-California

Re: The FCC and Net Neutrality

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:03 pm

The swamp is not being drained.

Despite my railing on Carson in another thread, I've changed my mind. Mainly because of this
So Dr. Ben Carson is not only a brain surgeon but was Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland from 1984 until his retirement in 2013. He ran the Department. Have you ever ran a department? I'm sure you have all run a brain surgery department, right? He was Chief Pediatric Surgeon at 33 years of age. You've all done that, right? 60 Honorary doctorate degrees etc etc... You get it but he's not even close to qualified to run HUD ( a perpetually fvcking corrupt Govt agency) right?
He does believe they Pyramids were grain silos so that's pretty fucked but still.

For something like the FCC Trump should not be looking towards the utilities but from the industry that benefits the most from the communication utilities, Silicon Valley
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:59 am

AndrewBennett wrote:The swamp is not being drained.

Despite my railing on Carson in another thread, I've changed my mind. Mainly because of this
So Dr. Ben Carson is not only a brain surgeon but was Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland from 1984 until his retirement in 2013. He ran the Department. Have you ever ran a department? I'm sure you have all run a brain surgery department, right? He was Chief Pediatric Surgeon at 33 years of age. You've all done that, right? 60 Honorary doctorate degrees etc etc... You get it but he's not even close to qualified to run HUD ( a perpetually fvcking corrupt Govt agency) right?
He does believe they Pyramids were grain silos so that's pretty fucked but still
Why do we stick to things like that? As if we are all Egyptologist from Cambridge.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 am

Pretty retarded. Only woke people know about what the pyramids were really about. White man thinking they were just piles of bricks :lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Pretty retarded. Only woke people know about what the pyramids were really about. White man thinking they were just piles of bricks :lol:

Having visited them I can confirm they were built as tourist magnets, when you walk doubled over to the centre of the largest one the main room is barely big enough to hold a human body let alone large enough to hold a meaningful amount of grain.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Are they super small and underwhelming like Mt. Rushmore?

I was pissed when I went there for the first time. I had been driving that day on the road trip while my buddy was drinking whiskey in the passenger seat. He was so pissed he mooned it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Cid

Post by Cid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Thing about Wheeler he was called out early as an industry insider, then turned industry traitor. I think that takes balls regardless, cause you're not going to be in government your whole life in those positions.

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:He does believe they Pyramids were grain silos so that's pretty fucked but still.
I knew you'd come around.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:54 pm

I always like the idea that the Internet is a utility. Maybe 20 years ago that idea was laughed at but today some people literally have their whole lives and careers on the web and this idea that it's an utility helps protect us from the big companies that want to screw us over.

Cascul

Post by Cascul » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:45 pm

It is going to be a little crazy, since there is a lot of money on both sides. Old media vs internet companies.

I wouldn't mind it being a utility controlled regionally.