Earth matters

Otern

Re: Earth matters

Post by Otern » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:41 am

Montegriffo wrote: Now that's not nice Cid.
I will admit to being an extremist when it comes to the Oceans, I would push for a moratorium on all commercial fishing of any kind until we work out the best way to protect the seas. They are more important to human life than most people understand right down to the smallest CO2 trapping organisms.
A moratorium on commercial fishing would screw up the oceans too. People would still eat fish, but farmed fish, which really fucks up local ecosystems.

Say goodbye to the salmon, and every other fish species reliant on rivers.

Also, it wouldn't really stop fishing, people would do it, but unregulated. Look at Somalia, that's your fish future if there's a total ban.

Regulations, not banning, is what works.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:45 am

Someday, I'll tell my grandkids about the good old days, when we ate seafood...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:47 am

Look I'm not talking about small scale subsistence or hobby fishing just the rape of the oceans by huge Russian or Spanish fishing fleets. You should all be vegetarian if we want to save the planet anyway.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 am

Montegriffo wrote:Look I'm not talking about small scale subsistence or hobby fishing just the rape of the oceans by huge Russian or Spanish fishing fleets. You should all be vegetarian if we want to save the planet anyway.
Nope, factory farming. The only solution is to just stop eating.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Look I'm not talking about small scale subsistence or hobby fishing just the rape of the oceans by huge Russian or Spanish fishing fleets. You should all be vegetarian if we want to save the planet anyway.
Nope, factory farming. The only solution is to just stop eating.
Give it a go and let us know how that works out.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Post by Otern » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:You should all be vegetarian if we want to save the planet anyway.
Also wrong. You can raise sheep in areas where you can't grow vegetables. So it's perfectly possible to eat meat in a planet friendly way.

Sheep hurts the environment less than broccoli. (When you do the calculations with regards to calories, rather than weight).

Cid

Post by Cid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:00 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Cid wrote:No one is an extremist on the oceans because if we were we'd reduce 99 percent of all the plastic we individually use. I'm not, you're not and unless a person live in the center of a major continent their trash will make its way out to fuck with shamu or shamu's afternoon snack.
Or we could, you know, push to stop disposing of trash in the oceans. Most people aren't aware of this (not an accident):
http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencen ... story.html

That shit didn't just roll down the beach into the water.
Land is expensive and ocean ain't.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:04 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:You should all be vegetarian if we want to save the planet anyway.
Also wrong. You can raise sheep in areas where you can't grow vegetables. So it's perfectly possible to eat meat in a planet friendly way.

Sheep hurts the environment less than broccoli. (When you do the calculations with regards to calories, rather than weight).
Look if you can just pretend I'm not a complete fucking idiot for a minute we can have a much more useful conversation about this. You are clearly well informed but if you want to teach it's best not to talk down to the class or they will just start messing about and stop listening to you. Come on I know you are better than this.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:16 am

C-Mag wrote:Image

Too soon ? :|
How awful do you have to be to poach giraffes? Disgusting.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:27 am

Well, you could be awfully hungry. Probably most giraffe poachers do so for food.