Earth matters

C-Mag

Re: Earth matters

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 am

Otern wrote:
But it's not really about the wolves, more about the way the urbanites are putting the financial burden of having wolves on the ruralites who have to take the consequences of this new policy.

+1

Same shit going on here, in my thread 'where's and environmentalist when you need one' I talk about this shit. Why is it restoration and reintroduction of species is only for the rural areas. News Flash, the rural areas are in much better ecological condition than the urban centers.

Restore Long Island, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard to Pre-Columbian Wilderness.................. and Oslo too !
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:52 am

Shut the fuck up about Long Island, C. Where I used to run and play, fish, crab, clam and shoot is off-limits now. It's all winyards, bird-sanctuaries, deer-crossing signs, and nearly-slave-labor early-morning gathering points now. Perhaps you mean to say Manhatten Island. If you want to pull down the McMansions, that's fine with me, but we rural Long Islanders went red last year and we still overcharge every asshole who wants to catch a Mako. We've got a well-paid police department which hasn't been able to catch a serial killer, and limousine liberals who slow traffic every summer, but the yahoos still spit in their ceviche and piss in their Chardonnay.
:shifty:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Shut the fuck up about Long Island, C. Where I used to run and play, fish, crab, clam and shoot is off-limits now. It's all winyards, bird-sanctuaries, deer-crossing signs, and nearly-slave-labor early-morning gathering points now. Perhaps you mean to say Manhatten Island. If you want to pull down the McMansions, that's fine with me, but we rural Long Islanders went red last year and we still overcharge every asshole who wants to catch a Mako. We've got a well-paid police department which hasn't been able to catch a serial killer, and limousine liberals who slow traffic every summer, but the yahoos still spit in their ceviche and piss in their Chardonnay.
:shifty:

OK, works for me Manhattan it is. I don't know the lay of the land, you do. You get my point though.
Actually, I think this is a viable Non-Profit. Should we start one? We can buzz word up this bitch, and get the lefties lapping it up. I mean, if they'll go into Self Flaggellation over being White, they will Self Flaggellate themselves into destroying their own cities.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:25 pm

I strongly suspect rewilding will become public policy during the demographic winter.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I strongly suspect rewilding will become public policy during the demographic winter.
I'm chartering exclusively with our man on Strong Island after the rewilding, coupled with 40 feet of new tidewater. :goteam:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:10 am

This year is set to be the “greenest ever” for the UK, according to data provided by the National Grid.

Over the course of 2017, 13 different renewable energy records have been broken.

“It’s been an exciting year managing the many ‘network firsts’,” said Duncan Burt, director of the system operator at National Grid.

These “firsts” include the first full day since the Industrial Revolution without coal power, an achievement that head of energy at Greenpeace Hannah Martin said would have been “unimaginable” a decade ago.Other achievements include the most electricity produced from solar power at any one moment, and the most wind power produced in a day.

Britain’s power system is the fourth cleanest in Europe and the seventh cleanest in the world.

It is still lagging behind Germany, which has invested extensively in renewable energy and actually paid consumers to use energy over the Christmas period due to supply outstripping demand.

However, public support for green energy is at an all-time high in the UK, and WWF predicted 2017 will be the “greenest year ever” in light of its broken energy records.

“We have never been cleaner or greener – and we are on course for an even better year in 2018,” said Gareth Redmond-King, head of energy and climate at WWF.

“This is the success of supporting renewables in electricity,” he said.
http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 30151.html
Makes you proud to be British :flags-wavegreatbritain:

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:33 am

The 13 new records...
The full list of broken records in Britain for 2017 includes:
Low carbon generation

First 24 hour period without coal generation since the Industrial Revolution – 21 April
Longest period without coal generation (40 hours 35 minutes) – 28-29 October
Greenest summer ever, with almost 52% of our electricity generation from low carbon sources – 21 June to 22 September
The lowest amount of carbon produced by electricity production at any one moment (73 gCO2/kWh) – 2 October
The largest amount of electricity produced from renewable sources at any one moment (19.2 GW) –21 March

First time ever wind, nuclear and solar were all generating more than both gas and coal combined – 7 June
Solar

Most electricity production from solar power at any one moment (8.9 GW), a quarter of Britain’s electricity supply – 26 May
Highest percentage of solar produced relative to national demand (26.8%) – 2 July

Wind

Most wind power produced in a day (285GWh)– 7 December
Most offshore wind generation at any one moment (4.3 GW) – 1 October
Most electricity production from all wind generation at any one moment (12.4 GW) – 6 December

Hydro

Most electricity production from hydropower at any one moment (4 GW) – 27 February

Cost

Record low strike price at the second Contracts for Difference subsidy auction of £57.50/MWh, well below Government guarantee for Hinkley C – 11 September
https://www.wwf.org.uk/updates/britain- ... cords-2017
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:23 am

Montegriffo wrote:The 13 new records...
Low carbon generation

First 24 hour period without coal generation since the Industrial Revolution – 21 April
Greenest summer ever, with almost 52% of our electricity generation from low carbon sources – 21 June to 22 September
The lowest amount of carbon produced by electricity production at any one moment (73 gCO2/kWh) – 2 October
The largest amount of electricity produced from renewable sources at any one moment (19.2 GW) –21 March

First time ever wind, nuclear and solar were all generating more than both gas and coal combined – 7 June
Solar

Most electricity production from solar power at any one moment (8.9 GW), a quarter of Britain’s electricity supply – 26 May
Highest percentage of solar produced relative to national demand (26.8%) – 2 July

Wind

Most electricity production from all wind generation at any one moment (12.4 GW) – 6 December

Hydro

Most electricity production from hydropower at any one moment (4 GW) – 27 February

Cost

Record low strike price at the second Contracts for Difference subsidy auction of £57.50/MWh, well below Government guarantee for Hinkley C – 11 September
Those electricity prices must be soaring. "Clean" energy is fucking expensive.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:56 am

StCapps wrote:
Low carbon generation

Solar

Wind

Hydro

Cost

Not really, about 14p per kw/h, half that if you have your own wind turbine like there is at the farm. Having your own solar panels on your roof can actually earn you money in the summer.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:11 am

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Not really, about 14p per kw/h, half that if you have your own wind turbine like there is at the farm. Having your own solar panels on your roof can actually earn you money in the summer.
Wind and Solar are huge boondoggles that need subsidies to be competitive and then you end up way overpaying for electricity in the end, shutting down more productive energy sources to reduce the carbon footprint while switching to the more expensive shit.

Don't snow, Ontario knows.
*yip*