Time person of the year goes to... Donald Trump...

K@th

Re: Time person of the year goes to... Donald Trump...

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:41 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Newsweek went so far as to already have Madame President issues printed.
That's typical. The ones that got "accidentally" released are selling for a few hundred on Ebay.

At least in sports, the losing team's "winner" shirts are sent overseas to impoverished nations.
Account abandoned.

nickle7

Post by nickle7 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:01 pm

The Conservative wrote:
boethius wrote:They so wanted Hillary as woman of the year. This had to fucking kill them.
I find this amusing. Trump is the obvious choice, of course I am waiting for people to say something along the lines, see he shares more with Hitler now too, and here is the proof.
I honestly can't believe Hillary was the runner-up. She's just not... I dunno, unique. I'd have ranked Bernie Sanders ahead of Hillary. He electrified a huge portion of the Democratic base, and moved the discussion pretty significantly, both on the right and the left. She hardly did anything of the sort.
Seek how to think, not what to think.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:25 pm

nickle7 wrote:http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year ... mp-choice/

This comes as no surprise... But who agrees/disagrees with Time's choice? Who else would you have picked?
Who cares. Every elected POTUS has been Times Man of the Year since FDR. Ford was not selected but was also not elected as POTUS.
Besides that.................

Hitler was Time's Man of the year in 1938

Stalin was Time's Man of the year twice! 1939 & 1942
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:01 pm

I lost my respect for TIME's Person of the Year after Ben Bernanke saved the world and got on the cover in 2009

It had to be Trump this year, anyone else would have been immediately suspect

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:13 pm

pineapplemike wrote:I lost my respect for TIME's Person of the Year after Ben Bernanke saved the world and got on the cover in 2009

It had to be Trump this year, anyone else would have been immediately suspect

Why? He affected the world with his actions, isn't that by definition what "Person of the Year" is meant to be?
#NotOneRedCent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Yeah sure I guess

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Kath wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:
That's typical. The ones that got "accidentally" released are selling for a few hundred on Ebay.

At least in sports, the losing team's "winner" shirts are sent overseas to impoverished nations.
Someone in Africa is wearing a Falcons Superbowl Champions t-shirt.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I would gone with Pepe, myself.
Seriously, Time has copped out many years and put a mirror on the cover and said you, or the US soldier it was one year. As long we are going along those lines it should have been Pepe, or better yet the internet troll but since that has such a negative connotation go with provocateur. Put a collage on the cover of Pepe, Milo, a picture of Amy shumer and/or Lena Dunham with a mustache drawn over it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Kath wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:

Someone in Africa is wearing a Falcons Superbowl Champions t-shirt.
They don't do it anymore. The NFL and MLB has destroyed the merchandise the past couple seasons. Warlords were intercepting shipments of the stuff selling it online and funding civil wars.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:25 pm

The Conservative wrote:
boethius wrote:They so wanted Hillary as woman of the year. This had to fucking kill them.
I find this amusing. Trump is the obvious choice, of course I am waiting for people to say something along the lines, see he shares more with Hitler now too, and here is the proof.
Fark,
Trump named Time's Person of the Year. So there's another thing he has in common with Hitler
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751