Trump's Push to Keep American Businesses Here

DrYouth

Re: Trump's Push to Keep American Businesses Here

Post by DrYouth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:18 am

I suggest we move the right vs left discussion to a thread dedicated to this matter.

http://www.martinhash.com/forums/viewto ... =21&t=1343

Let's keep things orderly.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm

US Steel wants to accelerate investments, bring back jobs, CEO says

12/7/16
United States Steel would like to accelerate its investments and hire back laid-off employees now that Donald Trump will be occupying the Oval Office, CEO Mario Longhi told CNBC on Wednesday.

"We already structured to do some things, but when you see in the near future improvement to the tax laws, improvements to regulation, those two things by themselves may be a significant driver to what we're going to do," he said in an interview with CNBC's "Power Lunch."

In addition, the belief that the U.S. economy can grow at least 3.5 percent also adds to what the company can do, Longhi noted.

"I'd be more than happy to bring back the employees we've been forced to lay off during that depressive period," he said, which could be close to 10,000 jobs.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/07/us-steel ... -says.html

That Texas elector still wants to renege? Screw him.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:56 pm

I find it strange that so many business men suddenly went MAGA after the election, but seemed to be rather quiet during.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I find it strange that so many business men suddenly went MAGA after the election, but seemed to be rather quiet during.
That's fair--although I don't know to what extent it applies to this guy. But it's also ok for people to realize that they were mistaken in their views. And if they reach that conclusion and it helps create jobs or boosts our economy, I say, let them change their minds 'til the cows come home.

Enthusiasm for our country can be infectious. Let's hope it spreads and creates a little hope and positive energy.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 pm

If they decide it's in their interest to cater to American workers with jobs, I'm glad, but I'm keeping an eye open.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751