Trump's Push to Keep American Businesses Here

Paulo

Re: Trump's Push to Keep American Businesses Here

Post by Paulo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Penner wrote:
Paulo wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote: I really can't believe people are all up in arms about it. It is a very advantageous platform.

I guess its the opposition who will say he does nothing right or good even if he does

You guys are insane!!!! 140 characters? To run a superpower? How can you talk about anything other than the kardashians???? :D
I guess we should move to twitter than. Why waste so many letters to express one's opinion?
I am becoming more and more sad about the way you guys think about this. I'll give you some useful twits:
1- Help! ( 5 char)
2- They are coming! ( 14 char )
3- There is an accident on the BR-116 km 12 (32 char)
4- I think that the complexity of the subjects and their relationships with nations are far from mere 140 characters to write a coherent idea that can be understood by the ot......

I agree Twitter is for twats, but the only good Twitter can be is to spread your message. Like, "hey don't forget to watch my speech. It's going to be Yuge!"

Now we're talking!

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 am

UTC CEO says no 'quid pro quo' on keeping Indiana plant open
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN13U2VT
UTC, which had revenue of $56 billion in 2015 and owns Pratt & Whitney, has significant U.S. military contracts.

Trump, who repeatedly threatened during the presidential campaign to impose a 35 percent tax on companies that moved jobs overseas, announced a deal last week in which UTC agreed to keep the Indianapolis plant open and invest at least $16 million in it. Indiana officials said UTC would receive up to $7 million in state tax incentives.

"We keep the plant open, we keep 1,100 people employed in Indianapolis. We still get to do the preponderance of the restructuring, which we were going to do anyways," Hayes told CNBC, calling it a "a good deal for UTC."

Hayes said there was "no quid pro quo" and said Trump did not tell him he would not impose taxes if the plant was kept open. "He simply said, 'Take a hard look at it,'" Hayes said.

Hayes said the $16 million investment will help automate the plant "to drive the cost down so that we can continue to be competitive. Now is it as cheap as moving to Mexico with lower cost labor? No."
My cautious optimism is quickly turning to rage.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:24 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:My cautious optimism is quickly turning to rage.
About what?

$7,000,000 tax credits over 10 years = $700,000 per year / 1100 jobs = $636 per year per job in less taxes collected. You're in a rage about that?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
About what?
I am not thrilled that about half the cost of automation is going to be subsidized. The article was just the UTC CEO confirming a sort of worst of both worlds scenario.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:33 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
About what?
I am not thrilled that about half the cost of automation is going to be subsidized. The article was just the UTC CEO confirming a sort of worst of both worlds scenario.
It's not subsidized, the government simply lowered their taxes by $700,000 a year, it's not like you'll miss it, and automation is a reality, that's just market forces, nothing Trump can do about automation.

More concern trolling Han-Mon, just fabricating faux reasons to "rage".
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:42 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
About what?
It's not subsidized, the government simply lowered their taxes by $700,000 a year, it's not like you'll miss it, and automation is a reality, that's just market forces, nothing Trump can do about automation.

More concern trolling Han-Mon, just fabricating faux reasons to "rage".
Well, 7.000.000, I am not saying per year, it is quoted at about half the price of automation. And that counts as subsidizing in my book.

I know you keep trying to call me a concern troll, but some of us allow our opinions to change as new information comes in.

Would your prefer if I said pessimism instead of rage... it is probably more accurate.
Last edited by Hanarchy Montanarchy on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:43 am

So you would do what, raise their taxes and outlaw automation? How would that keep them from offshoring?

What's your plan, communist dictatorship to save the buggy whips?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:44 am

Smitty-48 wrote:So you would do what, raise their taxes and outlaw automation?
I don't have a solution. I think the article said 800 of the jobs were union jobs, maybe they should push for profit sharing.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:46 am

I don't have a solution. I think the article said 800 of the jobs were union jobs, maybe they should push for profit sharing.
Profit sharing where, in Mexico?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:52 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Profit sharing where, in Mexico?
Depends on if UTC automates here, or eventually moves to Mexico. Doesn't much matter to me.

I think we are entering into a period where we are going to have to start really trying out different templates for losing jobs while keeping people in the economy.

edit: super confusing grammar
Last edited by Hanarchy Montanarchy on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL!

-Hwen