Jill Stein Recount

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Jill Stein Recount

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:56 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
I'm the director of Infrastructure for a company, we are dealing with something very similar to what was suggested... I'll tell you right now, 1/2 of my day is in meetings talking about security and the cost of infrastructure to support the system.

Yeah, it's hard, because you don't want to use a third party application to rely on for encryption and security to say the least. That is like waiving a flag out there saying you company is ready to be ass raped by a hacker and have their data stolen from them.
I'm not at that level, but I did major in Networking. Wouldn't it be prudent to just use Cisco's built-in router encryption, maybe some cheap VPN software? I will never understand why every company tries to reinvent the wheel on this stuff.
Cheap and effective have almost never in the same sentence... unless you are talking about a $5 whore from Vietnam.

The VPN system we have can handle 10,000 users at one given time. It cost $7,500 to get... just for the hardware. Not to mention three year contract at about $1200... but that also gives us access to firmware and potential hardware replacement if it fails. It also includes extras for software that the Firewall itself can't do...

So if we are talking about world wide network and have it so each poling site is a user, and not have each poling machine, then theoretically $15K and 2.4K every three years is cheap...
Meh.. just scale it up, man. How much do we spend on elections now?

Have everybody sign into a VPN to their regional Voting Server.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:22 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I'm not at that level, but I did major in Networking. Wouldn't it be prudent to just use Cisco's built-in router encryption, maybe some cheap VPN software? I will never understand why every company tries to reinvent the wheel on this stuff.
Cheap and effective have almost never in the same sentence... unless you are talking about a $5 whore from Vietnam.

The VPN system we have can handle 10,000 users at one given time. It cost $7,500 to get... just for the hardware. Not to mention three year contract at about $1200... but that also gives us access to firmware and potential hardware replacement if it fails. It also includes extras for software that the Firewall itself can't do...

So if we are talking about world wide network and have it so each poling site is a user, and not have each poling machine, then theoretically $15K and 2.4K every three years is cheap...

To do that you would have to use a national ID system, in where the VPN key is on a card, which is also attached to something like your SS#, but the password to log into the system would not be known by the person owning the card either.

In where the password would need to be rotating every 5 minutes at a minimum on a 1MB encryption, so this card would have to have a way of communicating to a home server every 5 minutes. Which would cause the "government is tracking us" people go up in arms...

Then you would have it where people are saying we are disenfranchising others by making it impossible to vote, even though we could make the card free...to US citizens.

There is a lot more that needs to happen to make this a reality, and we have too many people crying that freedoms would be reduced or sacrificed for the "freedom to vote"...

So your idea would be flushed down the toilet faster than a toxic turd.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:36 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

To do that you would have to use a national ID system, in where the VPN key is on a card, which is also attached to something like your SS#, but the password to log into the system would not be known by the person owning the card either.

In where the password would need to be rotating every 5 minutes at a minimum on a 1MB encryption, so this card would have to have a way of communicating to a home server every 5 minutes. Which would cause the "government is tracking us" people go up in arms...

Then you would have it where people are saying we are disenfranchising others by making it impossible to vote, even though we could make the card free...to US citizens.

There is a lot more that needs to happen to make this a reality, and we have too many people crying that freedoms would be reduced or sacrificed for the "freedom to vote"...

My laptop doesn't have a VPN card slot, dude. Just make your SSN# the password, and go. Include VPN software on every phone or computer (whooaaaaaaa) and it's done.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:45 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

My laptop doesn't have a VPN card slot, dude. Just make your SSN# the password, and go. Include VPN software on every phone or computer (whooaaaaaaa) and it's done.
Your laptop wouldn't be using this card, the voting machines and government machines such as the DMV and others would be able to. Again, the issue is ease of obtainment and ease of cracking the codes if at all.

This isn't like securing a Caesar Cypher.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:11 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Your laptop wouldn't be using this card, the voting machines and government machines such as the DMV and others would be able to. Again, the issue is ease of obtainment and ease of cracking the codes if at all.

Nah nah, man. No voting machines. We're talking about convenient everybody-gets-to-vote at home, on the internet, while nailing their wife.

Make an app. Sign in with SSN#, VPN goes to regional server, collects votes on the latest referendum, then tallies and sends.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:14 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Nah nah, man. No voting machines. We're talking about convenient everybody-gets-to-vote at home, on the internet, while nailing their wife.

Make an app. Sign in with SSN#, VPN goes to regional server, collects votes on the latest referendum, then tallies and sends.
You could do it via the same tech that smart phones use, but still requires a hell of a lot of smart tech to make it possible.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 pm

You'd still need to have a form of ID, such as a fingerprint etc, to make it possible. Otherwise it can't happen, and that will still put the privacy nuts in a tizzy.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 pm

The Conservative wrote:You'd still need to have a form of ID, such as a fingerprint etc, to make it possible. Otherwise it can't happen, and that will still put the privacy nuts in a tizzy.
One vote per SSN# per issue. If you're blocked, then notify the government via that same app, and somebody can get off their ass and find the fraud. I'm telling you, this is not that hard.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:55 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:You'd still need to have a form of ID, such as a fingerprint etc, to make it possible. Otherwise it can't happen, and that will still put the privacy nuts in a tizzy.
One vote per SSN# per issue. If you're blocked, then notify the government via that same app, and somebody can get off their ass and find the fraud. I'm telling you, this is not that hard.
Those that think it's not hard are doomed to fail. Illegals already have a form of state ID for mass, so in turn they can get a SS card.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:35 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:
clubgop wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:Its time for people to stop being such retarded luddites.

It is extraordinarly simple to create a networked voting system that eliminates precincts, counties, states, etc. Between Silicon Valley, Wall Street and the agencies of the Federal government there are plenty of schemes that would make this hard enough to downplay any thoughts of "hacking."
Separation of powers, checks and balances is not luddite. This isnt a banking transaction or ordering a sandwich this isnt some mundane, daily, instantly verifiable task. The most important thing about elections is trust. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, and DC are your go to locations? Yeah, no. There is a tradition and ritual to voting it is holding Christmas mass on a full moon with the Pope dying in the middle to select a new one in its place.
Then if there is such a tradition and ritual it needs to be mandatory and on a weekend.

The only traditions and rituals now make it overcomplicated at every step of the way, from registering to recounts.

I'll even go for voting IDs to make it a simple electronic transaction
We could talk about a weekend. I suspect it won't make much of a difference. I assure the poor downtrodden whatever the fuck you grouse about will still have to get transport and mostly will still be working. Mandatory? Nope never, talk about democracy that is an anathema to democracy. The electronic voting is a moot point for me you have to convince your fellow leftist of that before you ever get to me.
https://www.wired.com/2016/08/americas- ... -election/
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/09/technol ... -election/
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/her ... ic-voting/
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... tes-214144

And that is just the first page in a google search under the term "electronic voting" no other keywords, no bias, no nothing. Good luck. :D