Jill Stein Recount

Ex-California

Re: Jill Stein Recount

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:46 am

clubgop wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:There's absolutely no reason for a federal election to be handled by the states. The Federal Government needs to handle it.
The ballot I filled out included federal, state, and local positions. Do you really want to break that up into 2 separate elections?
From what I gather he wants the federal government to subsume all those things. Hammer and sickle but digital. Like totally future rad man.
The federal subsumes the elections its responsible for, and the states subsume their own and the government entities below them. Its not that hard.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:48 am

clubgop wrote:
cowardly bitch wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:Its time for people to stop being such retarded luddites.

It is extraordinarly simple to create a networked voting system that eliminates precincts, counties, states, etc. Between Silicon Valley, Wall Street and the agencies of the Federal government there are plenty of schemes that would make this hard enough to downplay any thoughts of "hacking."
I'm all for electronic voting, but I did recently start thinking that perhaps representative government isn't quite as evil as it sounds.. Consider the wave of hysteria over Trump that we've just witnessed.

What's to stop 51% of us from going apeshit over another Big Thing and voting for something even worse? The representatives and beauracracy are basically a check on the power of the masses to lose their minds...
All very true we would make the french revolution look like a Tupperware party. The British wouldn't have had the chance to burn down DC because we would've done it on a daily basis.
Not true at all. The Electoral College has only saved the "tyranny of the majority" in 5 Presidential Elections. Is importance in ensuring "representative government" is greatly overstated.

The Supreme Court is more of a safety valve TBH
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Highschool Debate Team Towelboy wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Standing up and winning are two different things.
Indeed.
So your "check on federal power" amounts to some whiny speeches and stamping of feet en route to the stocks. That'll show em.
No, I am pointing out that there is a difference between standing up and winning. I'd love to see real action, but there has been none for decades.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:23 am

AndrewBennett wrote: With computers it would be really, really easy.

Do you guys have computers where you live? When it comes to voting it seems like you don't.
Did you see my post at the top of this page? I already stated that I could write a voting app, which would be done using a computer.

You said that the Feds should handle a Federal election. Elections of non-Federal positions would be done at the state and local levels. Those are 2 separate elections. You say it would be easy to combine them with computers. You can have 2 ballots on the same computer, but who is controlling it? The Feds or the state?

You can't say that the Feds should control the federal level elections and also say that both Federal and local can be done on the same computer at the same time.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote: With computers it would be really, really easy.

Do you guys have computers where you live? When it comes to voting it seems like you don't.
Did you see my post at the top of this page? I already stated that I could write a voting app, which would be done using a computer.

You said that the Feds should handle a Federal election. Elections of non-Federal positions would be done at the state and local levels. Those are 2 separate elections. You say it would be easy to combine them with computers. You can have 2 ballots on the same computer, but who is controlling it? The Feds or the state?

You can't say that the Feds should control the federal level elections and also say that both Federal and local can be done on the same computer at the same time.
I saw that post after I posted this, and it wasn't directed totally at you, it was directed in general frustration at everyone.

And it could be done on the same computer at the same time, it would just take two logins, e.g., swipe of ID, print scan, eye scan, etc. Could even go to separate hard drives

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:35 am

Writing an app for this is childs' play... making an app that is interconnected through a world wide network, has a working verification system and is secure... that's a nightmare.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:38 am

The Conservative wrote:Writing an app for this is childs' play... making an app that is interconnected through a world wide network, has a working verification system and is secure... that's a nightmare.
Same as any encrypted messaging app. I use Signal.

It's a lot for a single programmer, but this is not even a large project for a company.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:28 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:Writing an app for this is childs' play... making an app that is interconnected through a world wide network, has a working verification system and is secure... that's a nightmare.

It's a lot for a single programmer, but this is not even a large project for a company.
I'm the director of Infrastructure for a company, we are dealing with something very similar to what was suggested... I'll tell you right now, 1/2 of my day is in meetings talking about security and the cost of infrastructure to support the system.

Yeah, it's hard, because you don't want to use a third party application to rely on for encryption and security to say the least. That is like waiving a flag out there saying you company is ready to be ass raped by a hacker and have their data stolen from them.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:33 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I'm the director of Infrastructure for a company, we are dealing with something very similar to what was suggested... I'll tell you right now, 1/2 of my day is in meetings talking about security and the cost of infrastructure to support the system.

Yeah, it's hard, because you don't want to use a third party application to rely on for encryption and security to say the least. That is like waiving a flag out there saying you company is ready to be ass raped by a hacker and have their data stolen from them.
I'm not at that level, but I did major in Networking. Wouldn't it be prudent to just use Cisco's built-in router encryption, maybe some cheap VPN software? I will never understand why every company tries to reinvent the wheel on this stuff.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:52 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

I'm not at that level, but I did major in Networking. Wouldn't it be prudent to just use Cisco's built-in router encryption, maybe some cheap VPN software? I will never understand why every company tries to reinvent the wheel on this stuff.
Cheap and effective have almost never in the same sentence... unless you are talking about a $5 whore from Vietnam.

The VPN system we have can handle 10,000 users at one given time. It cost $7,500 to get... just for the hardware. Not to mention three year contract at about $1200... but that also gives us access to firmware and potential hardware replacement if it fails. It also includes extras for software that the Firewall itself can't do...

So if we are talking about world wide network and have it so each poling site is a user, and not have each poling machine, then theoretically $15K and 2.4K every three years is cheap...
#NotOneRedCent