Jill Stein Recount

PartyOf5

Re: Jill Stein Recount

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 am

TheOneX wrote:I don't understand why the issues and concerns with electronic voting exist. It really shouldn't be all that complex. The application that collects the votes should be so simply there should be no way for it to glitch out. Any programmer worth their salt would be able to do this without issue.

Security of the voting machines themselves should be very simple. You don't connect them directly to the internet, or give them any kind of wireless networking ability. You make it so they are only capable of local wired networking only. You make it so the machines keep track of the votes on that machine, then you only connect to and collect that data after the polls have closed. At that point you send can send it in, but at no point do you use a computer that has a wireless connection. All networking should be done with wired connections only. It really isn't hard to create a secure voting system since it doesn't have to be a general use system.

The local systems at each voting location only needs to be connected to the internet momentarily to send in the data, otherwise there is no reason for it ever to be connected to the internet, or accessible on a network. These devices don't need to be always online. There is no reason why these electronic voting systems shouldn't be just as secure as paper voting.
True. I could write a voting app in MS Access that would work. Like you said, these don't have to be web apps connected to the "cloud" at all times. Keep them offline until the point you need to send the results. Even then you could have the votes from each machine send the results to a single machine at each location, and only that 1 machine would have to be connected to the internet for sending out the results. that way, if there is any question of hacking, you still have the original machines and their counts that have never been hooked up to the internet. Sometimes we try and get too "cool" with the technology instead of using tech the way we need to in order to get the job done.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 am

clubgop wrote:You serious? You cant be serious. That is a full SJW argument. All the reasons you mentioned are why precisely things need to remain the same. States have to be a check on federal power now more than ever and no one trusts a machine to do a thing that paper does just fine for an occasion twice a year at the most.
It's been a long, long time since I've seen the states actually stand up to the feds on much of anything - except some pot smoking laws...
AndrewBennett wrote:Its time for people to stop being such retarded luddites.

It is extraordinarly simple to create a networked voting system that eliminates precincts, counties, states, etc. Between Silicon Valley, Wall Street and the agencies of the Federal government there are plenty of schemes that would make this hard enough to downplay any thoughts of "hacking."
I'm all for electronic voting, but I did recently start thinking that perhaps representative government isn't quite as evil as it sounds.. Consider the wave of hysteria over Trump that we've just witnessed.

What's to stop 51% of us from going apeshit over another Big Thing and voting for something even worse? The representatives and beauracracy are basically a check on the power of the masses to lose their minds...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:59 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:You serious? You cant be serious. That is a full SJW argument. All the reasons you mentioned are why precisely things need to remain the same. States have to be a check on federal power now more than ever and no one trusts a machine to do a thing that paper does just fine for an occasion twice a year at the most.
It's been a long, long time since I've seen the states actually stand up to the feds on much of anything - except some pot smoking laws...
Obamacare, ADA, some gun regulations, religious freedom :twisted: I am sure you are appreciative.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:07 am

cowardly bitch wrote:

It is extraordinarly simple to create a networked voting system that eliminates precincts, counties, states, etc. Between Silicon Valley, Wall Street and the agencies of the Federal government there are plenty of schemes that would make this hard enough to downplay any thoughts of "hacking."
I'm all for electronic voting, but I did recently start thinking that perhaps representative government isn't quite as evil as it sounds.. Consider the wave of hysteria over Trump that we've just witnessed.

What's to stop 51% of us from going apeshit over another Big Thing and voting for something even worse? The representatives and beauracracy are basically a check on the power of the masses to lose their minds...
All very true we would make the french revolution look like a Tupperware party. The British wouldn't have had the chance to burn down DC because we would've done it on a daily basis.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:23 am

raving fuckwit wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
raving fuckwit wrote:You serious? You cant be serious. That is a full SJW argument. All the reasons you mentioned are why precisely things need to remain the same. States have to be a check on federal power now more than ever and no one trusts a machine to do a thing that paper does just fine for an occasion twice a year at the most.
Obamacare, ADA, some gun regulations, religious freedom :twisted: I am sure you are appreciative.
Lol yes, clearly they've been quite effective on all of those issues.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
raving fuckwit wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Standing up and winning are two different things.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:54 am

The Conservative wrote:
dirty dick wrote:
club awesome wrote:
Indeed.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:58 am

Highschool Debate Team Towelboy wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
DCF Killer wrote:
Indeed.
So your "check on federal power" amounts to some whiny speeches and stamping of feet en route to the stocks. That'll show em.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:43 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:There's absolutely no reason for a federal election to be handled by the states. The Federal Government needs to handle it.
The ballot I filled out included federal, state, and local positions. Do you really want to break that up into 2 separate elections?
With computers it would be really, really easy.

Do you guys have computers where you live? When it comes to voting it seems like you don't.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:45 am

clubgop wrote:

Separation of powers, checks and balances is not luddite. This isnt a banking transaction or ordering a sandwich this isnt some mundane, daily, instantly verifiable task. The most important thing about elections is trust. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, and DC are your go to locations? Yeah, no. There is a tradition and ritual to voting it is holding Christmas mass on a full moon with the Pope dying in the middle to select a new one in its place.
Then if there is such a tradition and ritual it needs to be mandatory and on a weekend.

The only traditions and rituals now make it overcomplicated at every step of the way, from registering to recounts.

I'll even go for voting IDs to make it a simple electronic transaction
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session