Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:13 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 am
You are refuting arguments nobody made, man. You are little different than Monty.
Monte
:naughty:
:hand:
It's spelled Mounty
Spelled is spelt spelt where I come from.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:26 am

Hey, Monte, Hastur, Bjorn...……… get ready to get drafted for Merkel and Macrons EU Army. :lol:

Early version of the uniform
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:59 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:26 am
Hey, Monte, Hastur, Bjorn...……… get ready to get drafted for Merkel and Macrons EU Army. :lol:

I'm too old and Boris assures us we will be out of the EU by October 31st anyway.
Don't understand the need for an EU army unless Trump gets his way and disbands NATO.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:06 am

You're gonna look awesome cooking environmentally conscious vegan meals in this buddy.

Of course, you're a pretty skilled chef, so you may be serving fine meals to the Generalissimo's.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:12 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:59 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:26 am

I'm too old and Boris assures us we will be out of the EU by October 31st anyway.
Don't understand the need for an EU army unless Trump gets his way and disbands NATO.
Too old? The last time your country went to war, old men with colonostrophy bags were out being peeping toms to warn about the germans coming in... I'm sure they will find something for you to do.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:06 am
You're gonna look awesome cooking environmentally conscious vegan meals in this buddy.

Of course, you're a pretty skilled chef, so you may be serving fine meals to the Generalissimo's.
A French chef friend spent his national service in Tahiti after a General took a liking to his food. I'd be prepared to serve the Commonwealth in one of our dependencies in the Caribbean or South Pacific. Sacrifices must be made to serve her Majesty.
I did spend 4 summers feeding the troops at training camps around the country. Often being told that my food was the best they'd had since signing up.
The Household Cavalry used to ask for me by name every year.

Not hard to shine as a chef in the Army.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:31 am
C-Mag wrote:
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3e/2a/fe/3e2a ... 281279.jpg

A French chef friend spent his national service in Tahiti after a General took a liking to his food. I'd be prepared to serve the Commonwealth in one of our dependencies in the Caribbean or South Pacific. Sacrifices must be made to serve her Majesty.
I did spend 4 summers feeding the troops at training camps around the country. Often being told that my food was the best they'd had since signing up.

Jolly good attitude, way to show a stiff upper like for Queen and Country. As you say, sacrifices must be made. Hopefully you get a posting in the British Virgin Isles. But more likely the new EU Army will need you in Libya, Algeria or Syria to feed refugees on their way to Europe.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:44 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:20 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Jolly good attitude, way to show a stiff upper like for Queen and Country. As you say, sacrifices must be made. Hopefully you get a posting in the British Virgin Isles. But more likely the new EU Army will need you in Libya, Algeria or Syria to feed refugees on their way to Europe.
He'll get used to having sand flavoring in everything soon enough then.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:48 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Jolly good attitude, way to show a stiff upper lip for Queen and Country. As you say, sacrifices must be made. Hopefully, you get a posting in the British Virgin Isles. But more likely the new EU Army will need you in Libya, Algeria or Syria to feed refugees on their way to Europe.
My falafels are second to none.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:51 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:44 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

He'll get used to having sand flavoring in everything soon enough then.
Sand?
It was truly a great day for food when you decided to move into IT.