Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Funny that none of my mates who live in London are keen to leave. Not one of them seems to object to all the beheadings and Sharia law courts.

Tell me though, how well do you know London?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Funny how you don't have a single rebuttal to any of the statistics made (most of them from the London city government itself). You didn't even watch it, so I don't know why I would even bother remarking about it.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:55 pm
Funny that none of my mates who live in London are keen to leave. Not one of them seems to object to all the beheadings and Sharia law courts.

Tell me though, how well do you know London?
Probably because I've been there more than once, and because I didn't go there for a holiday not well. I went for a red-eye over there to deal with a pissed off financier. Since I was one of the few directors that could talk down the guy, I was volentold to do so.

Food is ok, people are assholes, but that's everywhere...
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:06 pm
Funny how you don't have a single rebuttal to any of the statistics made (most of them from the London city government itself). You didn't even watch it, so I don't know why I would even bother remarking about it.
What stats. That London is expanding by 60k people a year? That's a sign of a successful city making money.
That the murder figure is now so high it matches the figures for a quiet weekend in Chicago?
That gun and knife laws are so successful gang bangers have to squirt bleach in each others eyes now?
Lame ass bullshit easily rebuked.
Not surprised one little bit that you feel for it.

When was the last time you were in London?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 am
What stats. That London is expanding by 60k people a year? That's a sign of a successful city making money.
That the murder figure is now so high it matches the figures for a quiet weekend in Chicago?
That gun and knife laws are so successful gang bangers have to squirt bleach in each others eyes now?

The gun and knife laws are not keeping London safer. Chicago has tons of gun control, that doesn't stop anyone from shooting each other, London's gun control isn't so much stricter that it accounts for the difference in rates of gun violence.

London has higher knife crime rates than many American cities, despite having much more knife control. Lame ass bullshit that is easily rebuked indeed, but on your end.

Your faith in the effectiveness of knife and gun control laws is not backed up by the stats.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 am
Montegriffo wrote:

The gun and knife laws are not keeping London safer. Chicago has tons of gun control, that doesn't stop anyone from shooting each other, London's gun control isn't so much stricter that it accounts for the difference in rates of gun violence.

London has higher knife crime rates than many American cities, despite having much more knife control. Lame ass bullshit that is easily rebuked indeed, but on your end.

Your faith in knife and gun control laws is not backed up by the stats.
Of course London has higher knife crime rates than some US towns. Only a fucking retard takes a knife to a gun fight.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 am
StCapps wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Your faith in knife and gun control laws is not backed up by the stats.
Of course London has higher knife crime rates than some US towns. Only a fucking retard takes a knife to a gun fight.
Did you just admit that more guns equals lower knife crime rates? Yet you are still captain gun control around here lulz.

Expand that logic further though, if people committing gun violence are more likely to encounter people bringing a knife or something less effective than a knife to a gun fight instead of bring a gun to a gun fight, are the more or less deterred from committing said gun violence?
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 am

More guns means more gun murders and fewer knife murders.

If you want to be honest you need to compare the murder rate of our most violent city with the most violent city in the US.
This is why the comparison with NY and London is so dishonest. NY is one of the safer cities now because of the tight gun regs and other measures.
135 murders in London with a population of ten million.
That's 0.135 per thousand
That is half the rate of America's 30th most murderous (Lakeland Florida).
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/ ... ities-2018

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 am

If you want to be honest you need to compare the murder rate of our most violent city with the most violent city in the US.
This is why the comparison with NY and London is so dishonest. NY is one of the safer cities now because of the tight gun regs and other measures.
If more gun control equals less gun murders, than how come the cities with the highest gun murder rates all have tight gun regs and the cities with lower rates have less tight gun regs?

I bet if you compare London's gun murder rate to comparable English cities with lower gun regs than London, you'll notice that London has higher gun violence rates than those with looser regs.

I'll ask again: If people committing gun violence are more likely to encounter people bringing a knife or something less effective than a knife to a gun fight instead of bringing a gun to a gun fight, are they more or less deterred from committing said gun violence?

You think bring the bringing a knife to gun fight results in less knife violence because of the deterrent of retaliation via gun, why would it also not apply to people bringing a gun to a gun fight?
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 am

If more gun control equals less gun murders, than how come the cities with the highest gun murder rates all have tight gun regs and the cities with lower rates have less tight gun regs?
Because there are no uniform reg's. Tough laws in one State/city and lax ones in the next.
Even Mexico bitches about the number of unregulated guns crossing the border.