Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 am

There is no such thing as a rogue action like that outside of movies. They ordered it as part of some moonbat hard negotiation to somehow force you to give it back to them after so many centuries.

My advice: just ignore them when they show up, but have your PM mention there will be British nuclear attack submarines in the area and if any third world destroyers or frigates fire a single round it's getting sunk.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:44 am

They can't do shit either.

Their air force's best fighters are F/A-18 and EF2000. LOL

Those two airframes for air superiority, tactical air strikes, and (I guess) strategic bombing.

Their navy has some Harrier jumpjets. I guess they can thank their hated enemies for that too.

Oh, that comment about sinking their destroyer.. belay that. They have no destroyers. They have 11 frigates. LMFAO

They do have three submarines, though! Oh, wait. Those are three diesel-electric submarines built in 1977 when they still had a strong government.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:06 am

A Spanish warship with its guns manned tried to order commercial vessels to leave Gibraltar's British waters on Sunday, it has emerged.

The warship's crew can be heard in an audio recording of a radio exchange telling vessels anchored at the Rock to 'leave Spanish territorial waters'.

Royal Navy boats were deployed and confronted the ship, which then sailed along the Gibraltar coast 'with its weapons uncovered and manned'.

Boats which were ordered to leave remained at the port during the incident, which was branded 'foolish' by a spokesman for Her Majesty's Government of Gibraltar.

It comes weeks after Britain's Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson suggested in a meeting with top brass, that UK forces should pelt Spanish war ships with paintballs in a bid to humiliate them.
:lol: :lol:
Cover them with red, white and blue paint.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:13 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:44 am
They can't do shit either.

Their air force's best fighters are F/A-18 and EF2000. LOL

Those two airframes for air superiority, tactical air strikes, and (I guess) strategic bombing.

Their navy has some Harrier jumpjets. I guess they can thank their hated enemies for that too.

Oh, that comment about sinking their destroyer.. belay that. They have no destroyers. They have 11 frigates. LMFAO

They do have three submarines, though! Oh, wait. Those are three diesel-electric submarines built in 1977 when they still had a strong government.
The Royal Gibraltar Regiment still has an active shore battery. Motto translates as
Conquered by no Enemy

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:15 am

I disagree with that comment from the local government spokesperson. If those merchant ships leave the port, then this shit will never end and the Spaniards will just escalate.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 am

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:15 am
I disagree with that comment from the local government spokesperson. If those merchant ships leave the port, then this shit will never end and the Spaniards will just escalate.
It was the Spanish who ordered them to leave.
The merchant ships were not in port they were at anchor in the British territorial waters just offshore.They were ordered to remain where they were by the port authorities.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 am
Not sure what you are talking about.
The merchant ships were not in port they were at anchor in the British territorial waters just offshore. Also, they were ordered to remain where they were by the port authorities.
I was referring to this:
Boats which were ordered to leave remained at the port during the incident, which was branded 'foolish' by a spokesman for Her Majesty's Government of Gibraltar.
Terrible advice. Do not leave. That ship had no authority to order anybody to do anything.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:34 am

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:25 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 am
Not sure what you are talking about.
The merchant ships were not in port they were at anchor in the British territorial waters just offshore. Also, they were ordered to remain where they were by the port authorities.
I was referring to this:
Terrible advice. Do not leave. That ship had no authority to order anybody to do anything.
It was the incident which was branded foolish not them remaining in port.
"There is only nuisance value to these foolish games being played by those who don't accept unimpeachable British sovereignty over the waters around Gibraltar, as recognised by the whole world in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea,"

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:05 am

Otern wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:30 am
Putting an entire oil terminal out of action as well. You should stick to cod fishing.
Five oil fields, and one terminal are out of action now. They couldn't fuck this up any worse even if they tried. The ship alone is worth an entire year's naval budget.
And up she goes.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:57 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:05 am
Otern wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:30 am
Putting an entire oil terminal out of action as well. You should stick to cod fishing.
Five oil fields, and one terminal are out of action now. They couldn't fuck this up any worse even if they tried. The ship alone is worth an entire year's naval budget.
And up she goes.

EDIT: Updated the stream

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck