Ph64

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Ph64 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:22 pm
WOW, I can't wait til that is SOP here.
There's a reason when I hit the cash machine I always get a receipt, and put it in my wallet with the cash... Never a question of where it came from - out of my own bank account. You want to question how it got into my account then get a warrant, otherwise I legally took my own money from the bank to my wallet.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:22 pm
WOW, I can't wait til that is SOP here.
There's a reason when I hit the cash machine I always get a receipt, and put it in my wallet with the cash... Never a question of where it came from - out of my own bank account. You want to question how it got into my account then get a warrant, otherwise I legally took my own money from the bank to my wallet.
Doesn't matter. Cops aren't arbitrators. They will still take it if they want it. It will be submitted as evidence and when/if the judge clears you you are allowed to call the evidence room one time per six months to ask if you can get it back. You may have to wait up to 90 days to get it back and if you call more than once you have for forfeited your evidence. Also, no one will answer you have to leave a message with your name, case number and address. If you think I'm lying I am not. I lost property this way already.

Nobody called me back

Otern

Post by Otern » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 am

There will be troubled waters around Norway now:
https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/life- ... orway-over

Also, when the Brits leave, we can't fish in their waters anymore, so we need to fully control our own waters, or there will be shitloads of unemployment. Can't fault the Brits for shutting us out of their waters though. But I'm glad at least the Norwegian justice system came to the conclusion that the snow crab is our property, since it also means the oil in that area will remain Norwegian too.

The EU is not going to let this one go though. They'll throw sanctions our way, bribe some treasonous politicians, give "team players", good jobs, and otherwise keep on doing their federalist shenanigans.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 am

Sorry if I derail crab talk Otern, but...
One of the biggest lies in the Brexit campaign was
we can leave and be like Norway. Being like Norway will mean we can stay in the Customs Union but we can secure our own borders and we won't have to put up with all those crazy EU rules.
Millions of suckers believed this, just like those suckers who believed
We're going to build a beautiful, big wall and Mexico is going to pay for it
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 am
Sorry if I derail crab talk Otern, but...
One of the biggest lies in the Brexit campaign was
we can leave and be like Norway. Being like Norway will mean we can stay in the Customs Union but we can secure our own borders and we won't have to put up with all those crazy EU rules.
Millions of suckers believed this, just like those suckers who believed
We're going to build a beautiful, big wall and Mexico is going to pay for it
Mexico did pay for it - NAFTA was re-negotiated - Mexico trade imballance is resuced by billions over decade.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:36 am

Otern wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 am
There will be troubled waters around Norway now:
https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/life- ... orway-over

Also, when the Brits leave, we can't fish in their waters anymore, so we need to fully control our own waters, or there will be shitloads of unemployment. Can't fault the Brits for shutting us out of their waters though. But I'm glad at least the Norwegian justice system came to the conclusion that the snow crab is our property, since it also means the oil in that area will remain Norwegian too.

The EU is not going to let this one go though. They'll throw sanctions our way, bribe some treasonous politicians, give "team players", good jobs, and otherwise keep on doing their federalist shenanigans.
The article says the snow crabs are a new species in the Barent Sea.
Where did they come from and when? Are they causing problems to indigenous species?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Post by Otern » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:36 am
The article says the snow crabs are a new species in the Barent Sea.
Where did they come from and when? Are they causing problems to indigenous species?
Causing trouble to Norwegians, since the EU is trying to use them as an excuse to get to the oil. Probably came from asia, through water carried by transport ship and tankers.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Fact is, snow crab is delicious.