Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:14 pm

pssst... the government definition of “productivity” is $ earned/hour worked.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:19 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:09 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Burger boy says "He knows more about kitchen work than you do actual work, in general, the US."
I don't work much at all. I do earn a lot of money when I do though because I work for myself mostly.
That’s the way to be.
I was working 70 hours a week when I was working for the conference centre. Barely a day off.

I still work long hours when I work for myself but earn about five times as much.
I've only worked 32 days in the last 3 months but have more money than I know what to do with.
Hence my post count is rising really fast and I'm fast approaching Archon status.
Who knows, I might get there by the end of the year with all the Brexit memes still to be posted. ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm

When calculating the average work hours, you really need to factor in the non-disabled, working-age people who do not work.

Let's say we have two islands, each with 100 working-aged people on them.

Island A has 30% of the working-aged population on welfare and Island B has 10% of the working-aged population on welfare. Thus, Island A has 70 workers and Island B has 90 workers.

Now let's say those Island A workers have to work -- gasp -- 43 hours per week on average. But Island B workers work 35 hours per week on average.

Both nations have the same population of potential workers. Island A achieves (43 * 70) 3,010 man hours each week. Island B achieves (35 * 90) 3,150 man hours each week.

Assuming all other factors are equal (A Greek is just as capable as a German, as far as I know, for example), Island B sees an additional 140 man hours each week to produce shit. Of course Island B has higher productivity than Island A because they yield more man hours!

These kinds of stats used in this way are done so to deliberately confound variables and mislead the NPCs. To actually see the relationship between the two islands, you need to factor in the population that could work but does not. Thus, both islands have 100 potential workers, but they have different numbers of potential workers who live on welfare. Let's factor the non-working population who could work into that average to see the real story:

Island A
70 workers who work an average of 43 hours per week.
30 workers who work an average of 0 hours per week.
Total man hours: 3010
Average man hours per working-aged adult: 30.1

Island B

90 workers who work an average of 35 hours per week.
10 workers who work an average of 0 hours per week.
Total man hours: 3150
Average man hours per working-aged adult: 31.5

Do you see the relationship, Monty? You can't just look at the amount of hours people with jobs have. They are producing for other people too who do not work. The retired. The disabled. But especially the legion of welfare recipients. When your economy has a huge number of people not working who could be working, it usually means people who do work have to work more hours. But when you factor in the people who are living off the production of those who work, the average work week doesn't look so bad. It's only bad if you are actually working. Then, as the numbers of welfare recipients grow, the working man has to work more and more hours to keep up, and more and more of his paycheck goes to pay the welfare state.

You really need a stat for the average workweek per potential worker.

I cannot believe this has to be broken down to you.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:13 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm

No shit????
That's why they don't have to work so many hours to get the job done.
Hence the length of the working week is tied to productivity.
more productive people work more hours.
Not true, productivity goes down the more hours a person works. Look it up. Once you go past about 40 hours productivity falls fast. Productivity, as Grumps says, is dollars earned(for the business)per hour worked.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Again... productivity statistics have nothing to do with goods/services actually produced. Only the earnings of each worker.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm

No shit????
Hence the length of the working week is tied to production.
Ding! We got a winner.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Ding, you're a wiener.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Ding, you're a wiener.
You spend more hours getting better to produce more in a lesser set of time. Those who are successful can afford to spend less time doing things because they already spent countless hours getting good in the first place.

Moron
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:00 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Ding, you're a wiener.
You spend more hours getting better to produce more in a lesser set of time. Those who are successful can afford to spend less time doing things because they already spent countless hours getting good in the first place.

Moron
You realise you just made my point for me, don't you?

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Hence the length of the working week is tied to productivity.
Not true, productivity goes down the more hours a person works. Look it up. Once you go past about 40 hours productivity falls fast. Productivity, as Grumps says, is dollars earned(for the business)per hour worked.
I already linked to sources that show more hours worked all the way up to 95%.

It’s only the top 5% that works less.

Top quarter work more than 3rd quarter work more than 2nd quarter work more than poorest quarter.