Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm
The most productive people work fewer hours per unit of production.
If I make 10 Beef Wellingtons per hour but Pedro only makes 7 and we need to produce 100 Wellingtons each who goes home first?
In Amerika, you both go home when the job is done. Thanks for the extra effort, pleb.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:00 pm

If two employees are making Beef Wellington, one does 7 in an hour, one does 10, in three hours there will be 51 Beef Wellingtons.

You can get three to five covers out of a single piece of beef wellington, each cover will cost between $25 to $125 per plate depending on where you get it. Which means they can make on average between $60 to $360 per beef wellington at lowest, and $20 to $300 per beef wellington.

The average cost of an employee making those wellingtons will be between $7.50 to $15.00/hr.

Unless they get the full wellington at one go... then the cost is normally higher per cover due to the cost of the product and cost of production to make it. That being said, they produce more than they cost, and because of that, they make... dun..dun...dun...a PROFIT!

You don't just say in the kitchen "After you make these you go home."

It's after your shift is done and you are done making the Wellington, prep the 50 pies for dessert, prep 300 salads, the 150 lbs of potatoes for french fries, grotten, and mashed. You then prep the veggies for a melody, as well as many other things...

When I used to do it, my day started at 5:00 AM and ended at 11:00 PM, we didn't do breakfast, the early start was because we prepared for lunch, and we had to go into Boston to the piers to get fresh fish every AM to have delivered by 8:00 AM, to have food ready by 10:30 to be ready for lunch, which started at 10:45 AM.

We prepped 100 lbs of coleslaw, 150 lbs of potatoes, 200 lbs of lobster, 75 lbs of clams/oysters daily for lunch... and that wasn't what we did on the fly.

So, yeah... your idea falls flat on its face...
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:05 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:58 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
If I make 10 Beef Wellingtons per hour but Pedro only makes 7 and we need to produce 100 Wellingtons each who goes home first?
In Amerika, you both go home when the job is done. Thanks for the extra effort, pleb.
Pedro works in a Southern Mediterranean country and I work in a Northern Europe nation.
Not sure why Pedro is making Wellingtons and not paella but that's beside the point. ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:07 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:00 pm
If two employees are making Beef Wellington, one does 7 in an hour, one does 10, in three hours there will be 51 Beef Wellingtons.

You can get three to five covers out of a single piece of beef wellington, each cover will cost between $25 to $125 per plate depending on where you get it. Which means they can make on average between $60 to $360 per beef wellington at lowest, and $20 to $300 per beef wellington.

The average cost of an employee making those wellingtons will be between $7.50 to $15.00/hr.

Unless they get the full wellington at one go... then the cost is normally higher per cover due to the cost of the product and cost of production to make it. That being said, they produce more than they cost, and because of that, they make... dun..dun...dun...a PROFIT!

It's after your shift is done and you are done making the Wellington, prep the 50 pies for dessert, prep 300 salads, the 150 lbs of potatoes for french fries, grotten, and mashed. You then prep the veggies for a melody, as well as many other things...

When I used to do it, my day started at 5:00 AM and ended at 11:00 PM, we didn't do breakfast, the early start was because we prepared for lunch, and we had to go into Boston to the piers to get fresh fish every AM to have delivered by 8:00 AM, to have food ready by 10:30 to be ready for lunch, which started at 10:45 AM.

We prepped 100 lbs of coleslaw, 150 lbs of potatoes, 200 lbs of lobster, 75 lbs of clams/oysters daily for lunch... and that wasn't what we did on the fly.

BURGER BOY SAYS WHAT?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:07 pm
The Conservative wrote:

BURGER BOY SAYS WHAT?
Burger boy says "He knows more about kitchen work than you do actual work, in general, the US."
#NotOneRedCent

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
No shit????

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:09 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

BURGER BOY SAYS WHAT?
Burger boy says "He knows more about kitchen work than you do actual work, in general, the US."
I don't work much at all. I do earn a lot of money when I do though because I work for myself mostly.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:09 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

BURGER BOY SAYS WHAT?
I don't work much at all. I do earn a lot of money when I do though because I work for myself mostly.
That’s the way to be.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
No shit????
That's why they don't have to work so many hours to get the job done.
Hence the length of the working week is tied to production.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
No shit????
That's why they don't have to work so many hours to get the job done.
Hence the length of the working week is tied to production.
more productive people work more hours.