Europe, Boring Until it's Not

TheReal_ND

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:41 pm
Wonder how many citizens of Middle East or North African nations are losing sleep over how their illegal immigrant accommodations appear to random people trying to sneak into their borders.
:think:
They should be. As soon as we get a real Pope again we reclaim Jerusalem, our rightful clay.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:22 pm
Housing foreigners on a beautiful island estate until they can be returned to their point of origin.

Or as Bjorn calls it, shitty behavior that should be beneath his country. Being an asshole about immigration.

If free island housing is being an asshole, what is North Korea's immigration policy called?
What an idiotic distortion of what I was saying. As usual, you really have no idea of the content of the story, the context of the story, and therefore clearly no idea of what it is I'm calling assholish.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

:lol:

Well, we can't all have the intellectual horsepower required to sweep museum floors and whatnot.
I'll work on my understanding of your extremely nuanced and complex declaration of:
BjornP wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 pm
"But I don't see any reason to build more asylum centers, no matter if they're in a hostile, in your face geography that'll show them who's boss. That shitty behavior should be beneath us. It's needlessly cruel to those refugees who aren't rapists - and yeah, those exist. I don't want more of them here, but that doesn't mean I'd condone acting like an asshole. You can turn down someone from living in your society without being an asshole about it."
Didn't mean to "distort" your profound observation.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm

I know my country better than you, you smug, little foreign cunt.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:02 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm
I know my country better than you, you smug, little foreign cunt.

Congrats. Have a cookie.
:character-cookiemonster: 🍪

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Where the fuck was the cookie monster option hidden??

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm
Where the fuck was the cookie monster option hidden??
Under the smilies there's a "view more smilies" option.

:character-cookiemonster: - page 4.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:11 pm

God damn it this whole time.

Last I looked, there were like three pages of homosexual emoticons and I was like fuck this shit Martin is in to some weird shit and closed the window

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm

:music-tool: :gay-umbrella: :orcs-gayflag: :text-goodpost: :text-imnewhere:

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Ah, the "Oh, HE MAD, lol.. therefore I must be doing/saying something right" - fallacy. That all you got, DB? Seriously, you intellectually lazy twit, I get that you need to do your tired Jon Stewart shtick. You've always masked your ignorance about a subject behind lulz and acting like one of those moronic infotainment comedy hosts, so I have little hope you'll understand your mistake here:

You're not simply inventing what it is I actually find offensive about this story, you're doing so based on the IDIOTIC, STUPID and IGNORANT assumption that Denmark is the US, that Danish culture is American culture, that Danish history is American history, that being tough on immigration in Denmark is somehow some grand, new trend inspired by America... :doh:

I probably doesn't occur to you, that I value Danish traditions, Danish values, Danish behaviors, Danish norms over American ones. I don't want foreigners to dictate our way of life, or Danes to adopt the ways of the foreigners -at least not as uncritically as now. Triumphalism, mocking those less fortunate, insulting them... you might love that. I don't even think that's particularly American, so if you think that's cool (which is my impression of you), I think that's just you, personally, being a cunt. But mocking the poor, the homeless, refugees... nah, that's un-Danish, it's undignified for a Dane to behave that way. It's just as foreign and unwanted here as clit-slitting Egyptians or Somalis or rapey Indians.

Being triumphalistic about other people's misfortune, celebrating their plight, is what Støjberg keeps doing in Danish media. I don't mind most of the policies aimed at keeping refugees and worthless immigrants away... but it has to be done in respectful, dignified manner. Not as if we're bullies delightning in being bullies. We restrict immigration out of neccesity and to preserve the culture we have - don't need to do that by pulling the sort of stunts Støjberg keeps pulling or wasting money on prestige projects in the middle of nowhere. I don't mind most of the results - this case being the exception because it's primarily a useless prestige project, useful for the election next year - but there is a dignified way, a respectful way to behave and a disrespectful one. I don't want my culture to act like Americans, because Americans should be Americans in America, just like Somalis should be Somalis in Somalia and Danes Danish in Denmark, and so on.