Brexit

Montegriffo

Re: Brexit

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 pm

We lost our veto on EU policy-making on the day we invoked article 50.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:03 pm

And it's .............yes, the Tory party does have confidence in its leader 200-117.
Now let's see if Corbyn will test those numbers by calling for a vote of no confidence in the commons.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:14 pm

The problem being that those MPs do not really represent the will of the people. Same thing is happening everywhere. It's really a failure of representative democracy that resulted in France being lit on fire. All our nations risk similar events to a lesser degree at this point.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Even better and includes an explanation of the backstop...

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Right then, since ''just leave'' seems to be the consensus and everyone is such an expert on Brexit I'd like to hear your solutions to the Northern Ireland border problem.
Rest assured I will go straight to number 10 and tell Theresa May what the solution is.
Shit, they'll probably make me PM because they've been working on it for two and a half years now and still have no clue. It will be a knighthood at the very least.
I promise I won't insist that you all call me Sir.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Don't worry, I can wait, I've got a book I can be reading.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:26 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 pm
Anyone know which country was most consistent in fighting France and Germany's plans to federalise Europe?
Hint, leaving the EU will mean they have zero influence in the future policies of it.
Yeah, because you getting some MEPs in a parliament of 28(?) countries that has little power over the unelected leaders of the EU gives you sooo much influence now. :roll:

(Honestly we'd have been better off not getting into WWI. Likely a negotiated peace would have happened that would have stopped Hitler/WWII from ever happening... The USSR might not have gobbled up eastern europe...)
This.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 pm
Right then, since ''just leave'' seems to be the consensus and everyone is such an expert on Brexit I'd like to hear your solutions to the Northern Ireland border problem.
Rest assured I will go straight to number 10 and tell Theresa May what the solution is.
Shit, they'll probably make me PM because they've been working on it for two and a half years now and still have no clue. It will be a knighthood at the very least.
I promise I won't insist that you all call me Sir.
Clarify the problem first. Who does it belong to?

And what does the UK care if Real Ireland becomes separate from Occupied Ireland?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 am

It seems like you're gonna have to start at the basics there, Monte.. :P
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.